Latest news:
New Page 1

Rule changes
Discussion started by Andy Fincher , 06 August, 2019 15:08
Rule changes
Andy Fincher 06 August, 2019 15:08
As we may already know, from next season there will be several rule changes. These are (if I have remembered them all)-
1. A substituted player will have to leave the pitch at the nearest point instead of making his way to the bench. (Obviously to help avoid time wasting).
2. If a defensive wall has three or more defenders in it no attacker can be within 1 yard of the wall.
3. There will be no more drop balls. If play is stopped the last team to have touched it will be given possession. (Drop balls had practically ceased to exist anyway, they were just kicked through to the goalkeeper).
4. For a penalty the goalkeeper cannot touch the frame of the goal before the ball is kicked, move, stand behind the line and must have at least one foot on the line. (Goalkeepers have been flouting the rule for penalties for years anyway).
5. A goal-kick doesn't have to leave the penalty area before it is played.
6. A goal will be disallowed if it has been scored or created by an accidental handball.
7. Players can be booked for an over enthusiastic goal celebration even if the goal is disallowed.
8. Managers, coaches etc. can be shown a red or yellow card on the touchline. (Managers have already been sent to the stands on numerous occasions.

Re: Rule changes
maiseytaw 09 August, 2019 08:38
Also, the Premier League have scrapped their Short Term Cost Control rules, which in layman's terms is the wage cap. So that should help us progress a little quicker than we otherwise could have, albeit we still need to stick to the Profit and Sustainability rules (on accumulated losses over rolling 3 year period).

Ivybridge Wolf 09 August, 2019 10:18
We’ll see how all this develops, of course with VAR as well. In general, should be okay. I think we’ll be debating the handballs over and over again this season. Also, as a ‘goalkeeper ‘ I’m not sure about the goal kick rule, I’ve been saying for years it should be a free kick if a defender touched the ball before it exited the penalty area ... give the advantage to the attacking side.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Andy Fincher 09 August, 2019 11:28
Regarding the goal-kick rule, I agree. I would prefer a free-kick to be given to the attacking side.

Ivybridge Wolf 11 August, 2019 17:15
I pat myself on the back for my prediction, however I didn’t realise it would only take 48 hours for Wolves to be so ridiculously affected!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Andy Fincher 26 August, 2019 11:21
Well, the one about substituted players leaving the pitch at the nearest point didn't last long.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net