Latest news:
New Page 1

The Doog - 12 years today
Discussion started by Wolves , 24 June, 2019 16:54
The Doog - 12 years today
Wolves 24 June, 2019 16:54
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 18:27 by Ivybridge Wolf.

Re: The Doog - 12 years today
Andy Fincher 24 June, 2019 17:25
Nice story Ivy. As you say, a fantastic partnership with John Richards and a great servant to the club. A pity about his association with the Bhattis but he wont be forgotten in a hurry.

Lupinehowler 25 June, 2019 07:42
Saw him play a few times and he was one of those players who could get you out of your seat, always gave his best and physically tormented opposition defenders.

Risca TM 29 June, 2019 08:35
Nice article Ivy. The bit about being carried around Molineux as a nipper by the Doog reminded me of the scenes after he scored in the legendary 5-1 win over Arsenal in 1971. Here at about 18 mins in.

The clip also has a neat little interview with the Doog at the end.

[www.youtube.com]

Cheshire wolf 06 July, 2019 11:40
What a great memory for us all Risca, form the days of huge sideburns muddy pitches, defenders being allowed to pass back to their goallie, only one substitute per team, teams getting used to the newly introduced offside rules, and the efficient and and superbly extrovert referee Roger Kirkpatrick. A great performance by one of our best ever teams in my view.

Risca TM 16 July, 2019 08:41
Very much my era as a young fan, Chesh. Pretty much my favourite team, with all the names matching my subbuteo squad :-)

It still boggles the mind a bit how the fans were so close and integrated, especially the kids.

Great stuff about the pitches, sideburns and Roger Kirkpatrick!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net