Latest news:
New Page 1

New designs released for Fosun's vision of Molineux
Discussion started by maiseytaw , 15 May, 2019 15:44
New designs released for Fosun's vision of Molineux
maiseytaw 15 May, 2019 15:44
Announced during the end of season awards last night. Looks fantastic and likely 50,000+ capacity. The other stands will be taller than the North Bank, which I already thought was enormous.

[www.expressandstar.com]

Re: New designs released for Fosun's vision of Molineux
Lupinehowler 15 May, 2019 16:49
Looks fantastic and gives us all something to look forward to.

an angry wolf 15 May, 2019 20:17
Looks a bit boring and like one of the typical lego bowls we have now. I prefer to see unique stands and something a bit different

maiseytaw 16 May, 2019 08:11
Quote:
an angry wolf
Looks a bit boring and like one of the typical lego bowls we have now. I prefer to see unique stands and something a bit different

I understand your point but the single-tiered South Bank with the slightly different North Bank should give it as much character as it can have given it's effectively a new stadium.

Ivybridge Wolf 16 May, 2019 17:30
I like the plans ... but they are still plans .... so hope things move forward now.

As Maiseytaw says, the differences between the North and South bank will provide enough character so it doesn’t become a bog standard boring bowl. Of course, the timescales previously announced do not really mention the Billy Quiet, so there will be plenty of contrast for seasons to come!

Plenty of chat elsewhere as to what the appropriate final capacity should be. Personally I hope for around 45,000 or more if the Fosun revolution continues.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 07 September, 2019 23:04
12th September meeting

Looks like the board are going ahead with a Molineux redevelopment, there’s been a lot of noise about this across the net for a while i.e. will they, won’t they? Will it be any different to the plans on the original link to this thread?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 13 September, 2019 06:20
Very little reported to come from the meeting, the following picked up from the interweb (7000 ST waiting list is interesting)

From facebook - Great Networking event at Wolves today in conjunction with Black Country Chamber of Commerce We heard from Russell Jones, Head of Marketing, who let us know where we are and more importantly how/when we’re going to get there! We heard about the 3 Pillars, which we are targeting:- • Top 6 • 15M Fanbase .• £250M turnover He also informed us of the clubs ‘core’ values which underpin the club’s strategy Identified the clubs Worldwide Fanbase together with the growth. It is obvious that the policy is to identify potential target areas and then find suitable players; Raul Jimenez being a prime example! At present we are No.1 fastest growing on social media etc He then went on to discuss the ground redevelopment and without giving too many secrets away it is clear that the club want to start next May if possible. Phases 1+2 take capacity to 42,000 with Phase 3 being 50,000. A lot of discussion with Council and University being undertaken. He stressed that the club has a season ticket waiting list of in excess of 7,000

oldngold 14 September, 2019 16:48
We have to stay in the Premier League first and that is going to be a battle. At the moment our side look short in a number of areas.

We are heading for a relegation 6 pointer at Watford if we lose to Crystal Palace next week

Ivybridge Wolf 15 September, 2019 08:15
It’s surely more than reasonable to continue to make plans for the future in the ground and infrastructure of the club - whether on the back of a surge of confidence (based on the last few years) or the current dip in form? The first thing to do is always to get it right on the pitch and whilst I have been uncomfortable with some of the media hype (especially pre and early season this year) in general we have been going in the right direction .... despite this years transfer window not (yet?) paying off. Personally I was disappointed the PR event last week didn’t come forward with a plan of dates, goals and objectives, in effect, something a little more ‘concrete’ on the potential Molineux development.

an angry wolf 16 September, 2019 11:26
If we are going to put plans to redevelop Molineux based on 5 games, we may as well call it a day now.. imagine the scenes , Monday morning the builders start work on one stand but 5 matches later " down tools lads " your wages are paying for the survival bid lol

oldngold 18 September, 2019 18:03
Flawed Molineux redevelopment caused the liquidation of the original club back in 1981/82. We've been trying to develop the site for 70 years and have never got it right for all sorts of reasons. This is probably going to be Fosun's biggest challenge.

As for the design published in May, that cannot be done without significant redevelopment of the area and the closure and movement of the Waterloo road. It is not a plan but an inaccurate artist's impression.

And it is a pretty standard and boring design. I'd like to see some character injected that nods to the history. A redesign that incorporates the old Molineux street roof and clock would be good for starters. A wider south bank with safe standing that also echoes the old stand.

And getting the crowd right on top of the pitch.

But there are real difficulties in getting the planning needed to develop the current site. I look forward to seeing the real plans next year.

chicagowolf 19 September, 2019 15:04
Depressingly, Wolves had not sold all the tickets for tonight’s game just yesterday. The cost to fans of this barrage of games is high but it does make you wonder if some of the Fair Weather supporters are already starting to drift.
More importantly it begs the question of what the capacity should actually be. TV and sponsorships now pay a big chunk of the revenue but atmosphere is till a massive part of success. If Fosun’s ambitions are seen through (and no club EVER escapes down spells where the doubters come hopping out of the woodwork) we probably need a 50,000 stadium but having huge empty spaces for a lot of games would be miserable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net