Latest news:
New Page 1

Moaner Deeney
Discussion started by Andy Fincher , 09 April, 2019 21:20
Moaner Deeney
Andy Fincher 09 April, 2019 21:20
Has anyone else seen Troy Deeney has been grizzling about Jiminez celebrating his goal with the mask, saying it was disrespectful and calling him a loser. I hope Raul scores a hat-trick against them in a few weeks and celebrates every goal with it.

Re: Moaner Deeney
Cheshire wolf 10 April, 2019 10:28
I couldn't understand the point he was trying to make Andy - especially as he didn't see it!!

Lupinehowler 10 April, 2019 12:47
Deeney seemed to think it was an unsporting gesture it is a shame then that he didn’t feel the same when he crashed to the floor after a powder puff tackle in the penalty area.

irishwolf 10 April, 2019 15:31
With respect Andy Fincher, personally I think that players should be concentrating on the game at hand and not spending time placing a stupid mask behind the goal so as to have easy access to the mask should he score.
I think it is embarressing for a grown man to put a mask on after he scores a goal and I bet he felt silly at the final whistle.
By the way Im a huge fan of Jimenez as a player.
Regarding the penalty, it was a foul, we messed up and have nobody to blame but ourselves. Deeney had every right to go down.
As sick as I am about the defeat, fair play to Watford. Its not as if we were hard done by in any way, we blew it, full stop.
I dont think it was disrespectfull by Jimenez to put on a mask , just silly!

an angry wolf 10 April, 2019 15:51
I saw nothing wrong with the mask and found it quite funny. I cant understand why anyone would be offended or even find it silly TBH. At the end of the day , grown men running around in shorts kicking a bag of wind about for thousands of pounds each week is technically a bit silly so we shouldnt take any moral highground on a guy putting a mask on with wolves logos on it. Fair play to Jimenez and I hope we see more of the same as football is about entertainment at the end of the day

irishwolf 10 April, 2019 16:03
So Angry, you dont see anything wrong with a player who should be fully focused on the job at hand, taking the time to source a mask and placing it behind the watford goal?
Im all for players celebrating a goal with great excitement runing over to the fans etc.
Also if players dont wear shorts what do they wear, long trousers?
I dont see why Deeney got so upset about the mask to be honest, as i said i just found it silly, not that I gave it much thought!
I was merely replying to a post on here!

an angry wolf 10 April, 2019 16:39
Quote:
irishwolf
So Angry, you dont see anything wrong with a player who should be fully focused on the job at hand, taking the time to source a mask and placing it behind the watford goal?

No I dont no...why would taking 20 seconds to put a mask behind a goal mean he isnt focused Irish? As Jiminez was awarded man of the match, it shows he was completely focused and the ordeal of the 20 second walk to the Watford goal wasn't too taxing for him. (Sm111)

The point on the running around in shorts comment is plenty of things in life can be contrived as being " silly" - if people find a player putting a mask on after a goal offensive or silly then why are they watching a sport where their emotions are defined on whether a bag of wind ends up between two sticks as that in itself is illogical.

It's a mask with wolves logos on it and Jimenez was enjoying the goal with us the fans having a bit of fun- lighten up Irish.. it's football not a business meeting discussing stocks and shares on wall street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 16:40 by an angry wolf.

chicagowolf 10 April, 2019 16:54
It was funny when Raul did it, but I don't blame Deeney for bellyaching. And of course it came round to bite us. Personally I am happy to get the game in the rear view mirror and move on.
Still gutted but not the worst thing that ever happened to us.

irishwolf 10 April, 2019 17:10
Im well lightened up Angry lol!
Jimenez was indeed man of the match but we lost the game 3-2.
We werent focused in the last 15 minutes!
Thankfully im so good looking I dont need a mask[:wor kid:]

Ivybridge Wolf 10 April, 2019 19:09
Put a mask on if you like, I just thought it looked gimpish to me, and whilst it brought about a smile at the time - might be best to consider leaving it to the final whistle.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

chicagowolf 15 April, 2019 20:24
Today he really has something to be sad about; early bath vs Arsenal 😂

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net