Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Good luck Ben10 - and thanks
Discussion started by 2longinthetoothWolf , 10 January, 2016 21:30
Good luck Ben10 - and thanks
2longinthetoothWolf 10 January, 2016 21:30
Gutted to see the lad leave, but good luck to him.

I have no gripes about him wanting to play EPL football, it is sad that the club that sold him a pack of lies about their ambitions, now appear to be playing the victim card.

A player of his quality should have ambition, should want to test himself at the highest level. He's not a teenager, he's at a key age in his development and he's not going to develop constantly picking up the ball in his own half, or in a potential relegation battle.

KJ's comments about him wanting-away leave a sour taste for me. The boy has never come out and said this in public. He's gone about his business very professionally.

The club have let him down like they've let us all down.

Good luck Ben10 - I really hope he goes on to become an established EPL striker.

Re: Good luck Ben10 - and thanks
an angry wolf 10 January, 2016 21:38
Well said 2long, I echo most of those comments. I don't rate the guy as highly as some but undoubtedly our best offensive player and deserves better than the shower our club has become.

wilkowolves 10 January, 2016 21:49
As much as i don't trust the board of our club as they clearly have a history of selling us down the river and not being open, i really am not sure about Afobe.

We are talking here about a player who tweeted and put on his facebook page back on September 1st, only 5 minutes after the transfer window had shut the words "Out Of Darkness Cometh Light...". I think i said on here, if not it was somewhere else that it seemed strange to post that then, as if he did truely and honestly want to stay then why didn't he post it earlier. It's as if he wanted to move back then but was refused by the board and then posted that just tom appease the fans. Lets face it his performances and more importantly his body language this season have hardly been that of a player who wants to be playing for us, then there was also Ian Holloway's comments last month about Afobe wanting a move away in the summer as well.

wolfman1959 10 January, 2016 21:51
2RIGHT 2LONG!

Ben10 must be encouraged to be joining a quality, young, forward thinking coach.

Good luck lad you deserved better .... as do we all!

WaW

2longinthetoothWolf 10 January, 2016 21:52
I think you're right angry. As the lad himself has said on Twitter tonight, he's not the finished article but this step is one he needs to take to establish exactly what he can become.

Personally gutted. Have felt genuinely low at various points down the years, but tonight had hit home how far we've fallen under Morgan, and what's worse, how much needs to change to get us back to where most of us want us to be playing.

SJH would be ashamed that he got taken in by Morgan. The difference between the two of them... Polar opposites!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 21:54 by 2longinthetoothWolf.

Cheshire wolf 10 January, 2016 22:20
Got to agree with 2Long. I think the lad's body language on the field of play has been due to the struggle to get a proper service in to him, and he has had to go looking for the ball too much. One thing is for sure he knows where the net is and how to put the ball into it, and I'm sure Eddie Howe will bring out the very best in him, and will make sure he gets a decent service from his midfielders. Good luck to him.

Unfortunately he is the featured player for January on the official calendar, so I've got another 21 days of wishing what could have been when i see him!!

cedric harper 10 January, 2016 22:33
His attitude back in Oct/Nov was terrible, no interest whatsoever. While I have no doubt he will score goals at Bournemouth I would not be surprised if is looking for a move to a bigger club within 18 months regardless of whether they stay up or not.

irishwolf 10 January, 2016 23:56
Good post 2longinthetoothWolf ....

Arthur Tannen 11 January, 2016 00:52
I totally understand the reasons for leaving but personally I can't stand seeing a former player go on to do well in the premier league as its always a case of what might/should have been.

chicagowolf 11 January, 2016 05:49
Agreed 2Long, good post.
They all WANT to play in the Prem; course they do; who wouldn't? But Arsenal couldn't bring themselves to see him in the top slot and now, via an expensive detour to Wolves (do not Pass Go, Do Not Collect Two Hundred Pounds) he has gone to a struggling Bournemouth.
We did him a real disservice in two ways. First if he he had had proper support from players of high quality and , Second, if we had paid him the kind of loot he is likely getting, then he might have helped propel us up rather than his recent Doyle-like lone wolf operation.
Most of our 'top' players who got sold recently fail (Kights, Jarvis Etc) which shows how far we have fallen since Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott. Fletcher is the only one who has done OK, but wouldn't it be nice for him, just once in his career, NOT to be in a relegation struggle.

Ivybridge Wolf 11 January, 2016 13:02
Nice post 2Long.

I'm in two minds though. I do wish him well and recognise the excitement he helped develop with Dicko and Sako last season. On the other hand he's only been with us '5 minutes' in the grand scheme of things and whilst I recognise he's been played in a lone position that anybody with the eyesight of a cavefish (look it up!) would understand was completely ridiculous - Afobe feeds off a partner - , Afobe's recent body language and him coming deep have infuriated me on more than one occasion. Conversely I thought he worked his socks off at Brighton and I also think the Wolves PR machine have operated poorly against him since the signing - after all unlike others (e.g. KMac) he's conducted his business privately by comparison.

There is no doubt Afobe is a real loss to the club, however never in his most recent 'Doylesque' role to which he was totally unsuited. From that perspective and financially he is clearly better off elsewhere.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 11 January, 2016 15:04
Benin speaks! - from the E&S

BENIK AFOBE STATEMENT IN FULL

"Pleased to have finally got my Premier League move to AFC Bournemouth. I've thought long and hard about the next step in my career.
"I said my reasons for staying with Wolves (last summer) were because I had unfinished business, but circumstances change and I was determined to take this amazing opportunity this time around with a great club to test myself in the Premier League.
"I know the Wolves fans will be disappointed but it's been a lifelong ambition of mine to play at the highest level and I believe it was the right time to take this chance.
"Thanks to Wolves for the past 12 months. They did everything to keep me but it was my ultimate decision to leave.
"Every time I've worn a Wolves shirt I've given my all.
"I've made some friends for life and the staff, players, media and fans have been nothing but great towards me. I thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for this.
"I've waited a long time to get a shot in the Prem after suffering two serious lengthy injuries in my young career so far but I've worked hard and never lost faith.
"Now the time has come! I'm looking forward to the new challenge and helping my new team climb up the Premier League table.
"Thanks for all the support."

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 11 January, 2016 15:10
'Circumstances change'

?????? Intrigue

Sako gone, no replacement?

Dicko injured and difficult to replace?

Playing the lone soldier up front?

Lack of ambition from the club?

Promotion chances gone and team gone back'erds?

£50K smackers a week?

Nice the Lord gets a mention!

an angry wolf 11 January, 2016 17:45
The baby jesus is here for us all Ivy

petewolf 11 January, 2016 17:47
i'me in two minds about wishing him well, i know he's probably been let down by the club and he wants to play in the premier league, but he was only here 6 months into a 4 or 5 year deal before wanting to leave, all this season, he's not been doing what jacket has asked him to do. i hope it all goes t#tts up and b/mouth get relegated, i'll be cheering on all their opponents from now to the end of the season. i know its sour grapes on my part but that's the way i feel about it all

2longinthetoothWolf 11 January, 2016 21:11
Pete, if the club had been determined to keep him, they would have simply said no, and told him to honour his side of the contract.

Reality is that is suited both parties for him to leave. There is no probably about it, he had been let down. Exactly how has he not been doing what KJ asked - tracking back to collect the ball? The lad isn't a lump it forward 6' 8" striker! He needed either a no.9 with him, or a decent no.10 directly behind him. Neither was available as KJ chose a system whereby the so-called support was constantly drawn back to help the clowns at the back!

Get over it. He's gone, we've made a killing on him, and Morgan's a lot richer for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing us sign the lad from Oxford. L2 flash in the pan - he's got Wolves written all over him...

wilkowolves 11 January, 2016 22:21
Quote:
2longinthetoothWolf
Pete, if the club had been determined to keep him, they would have simply said no, and told him to honour his side of the contract.
Reality is that is suited both parties for him to leave. There is no probably about it, he had been let down. Exactly how has he not been doing what KJ asked - tracking back to collect the ball? The lad isn't a lump it forward 6' 8" striker! He needed either a no.9 with him, or a decent no.10 directly behind him. Neither was available as KJ chose a system whereby the so-called support was constantly drawn back to help the clowns at the back!

Get over it. He's gone, we've made a killing on him, and Morgan's a lot richer for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing us sign the lad from Oxford. L2 flash in the pan - he's got Wolves written all over him...

That is how i see it as well. The club (Morgan) have made a lot of money in the space of 12 months and he clearly wanted out (despite Jonzy's claim on the mix) for reasons i mention above but also the fact it wasn't a long drawn out transfer. If he had wanted to stay he could have stalled on agreeing terms in the hope another club would have been in for him. However i also agree with angry in that i don't rate him as highly as others do and it is not a certainty that he is going to step up.

We will of course as usual be looking at bargain basement players but even then we will probably still be paying over the odds as the clubs will know we have just sold Afobe so will be trying to fleece us off, not that it is a bad thing if it means Morgan sees less of the cash himself.

petewolf 12 January, 2016 22:05
Quote:
2longinthetoothWolf

up the hammers (Sm122)

2longinthetoothWolf 12 January, 2016 22:10
(Sm152)

an angry wolf 12 January, 2016 22:14
Quote:
2longinthetoothWolf
(Sm152)

I thought you were wishing him well?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net