grant holt
petewolf 30 October, 2015 17:53
strong rumours he could be joining on loan

Re: grant holt
pglgsg 30 October, 2015 18:11
Why ?? 2 clubs past his best.

Arthur Tannen 30 October, 2015 19:44
Haha if only this could be Morgan's final signing, after years of calls for patience, long term plans and building the academy we sign a past it, fat striker on loan who can't even get a game for a League 1 club. This signing would make the Sagbo and Graham loans look like a real coup.

petewolf 30 October, 2015 20:20
Quote:
Arthur Tannen
Haha if only this could be Morgan's final signing, after years of calls for patience, long term plans and building the academy we sign a past it, fat striker on loan who can't even get a game for a League 1 club. This signing would make the Sagbo and Graham loans look like a real coup.

yeh but it would be jacket signing him a.t, his choice. surely he could find someone better than that. he's trying, going for a bit of experience now, after saying our young defenders were up for it and selling stearman he gets in someone older, then might be signing a bag of sh#t at 34

an angry wolf 30 October, 2015 20:57
Well its been confirmed .. this quote from Thelwell sums up the mans utter fcking stupidity as a "head of recruitment".Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player. I suppose the fact no club has had him down on a long term contract is a positive in Thelwells tiny mind

petewolf 30 October, 2015 22:01
Quote:
an angry wolf
Well its been confirmed .. this quote from Thelwell sums up the mans utter fcking stupidity as a "head of recruitment".Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player. I suppose the fact no club has had him down on a long term contract is a positive in Thelwells tiny mind

well i did warn you all, thelwell is team jacket

an angry wolf 30 October, 2015 22:10
Quote:
petewolf
Quote:
an angry wolf

well i did warn you all, thelwell is team jacket

No he isn't , he was appointed by Morgan before Jackett even joined. Infact if anything it strengthens the argument what a decent job Jackett is doing with "player recruiters" like this talking about players being decent because like journey men they have been to numerous clubs.

petewolf 30 October, 2015 23:35
yes he is, if he wasn't jacket would have brought his own team in. he's part of it all now, with jackets blessing, are you trying to say that jacket didn't want to loan holt but thelwell made him do it. jackets is on the main site now praising what a great signing this is. i cant understand why, with all these decisions going on, jacket comes out blameless, complete BULLSH#T

Arthur Tannen 31 October, 2015 01:15
Thelwell is team Moxey, a little puppet to deflect attention from Moxey and Morgan. He's nothing to do with Jackett, as angry say he was already here and is technically above Jackett. I suppose he could come out and slag Thelwell off too while he's ripping the two M's to shreds but I guess he needs employment.

As for Holt being Jacketts choice, that's stretching it s bit, a choice between Holt and no one is hardly a choice. Wolves were shopping in footballs equivalent of the pound shop when Morgan was supposedly giving his full backing, now we are sat in the subway with a cap on the floor literally begging for hand outs. Expect more of this type of signing until Morgan sells up.

LeeNaylorsArmPit 31 October, 2015 07:03
Its quite ironic that for years people on the wolves forum etc have been bricking themselves saying dont do a Portsmouth or Leeds etc by spending big and then having to sell your assets and buy journeymen and kids. Were at that stage and never paid the big wages or had short term sucsess. Ok we didnt have the administration but the way were recruiting at the moment we wouldnt have been any worse off!!

Badge32 31 October, 2015 08:16
I hope he proves us all wrong but five goals in two years don't fill you with confidence does it.

an angry wolf 31 October, 2015 08:32
Quote:
petewolf
yes he is, if he wasn't jacket would have brought his own team in. he's part of it all now, with jackets blessing, are you trying to say that jacket didn't want to loan holt but thelwell made him do it. jackets is on the main site now praising what a great signing this is. i cant understand why, with all these decisions going on, jacket comes out blameless, complete BULLSH#T

so to sum up ... a club which has demonstrated a frugal outlay on players both in terms of wages and transfer fees during the last decade that is now completely penniless devoid of even the few coppers morgan sanctioned along with being ownerless with a head coach not even technically in charge of recruitment.. Jackett is to blame and should be sacked? Yet someone like Thelwell who describes a journey man player as "being good due to fulfilling the attributes of a footballing gypsy roaming the fields from club to club" is part of "team jacket" despite being above him in the wolves hierarchy appointed before Jackett was even hired- infact for all intensive purposes gave him the job along with Morgan/ Moxey ?

You seem to be under the impression Pete that simply because Morgan has stated he's off due to the parachute payments/ cash cow being been bled dry that any subsequent problems can't be attributable to him and lie at the door of others, predominantly Jackett whom I'm surprised is still alive having avoided hitmen sent around given the apparent hatred there is with his head cut open, roasted in an oven at gas mark 7 with cheese and butter put inside. The problems Morgan has created with fan apathy, loss of player assets, wage/transfer structures, structural job titles meaning nothing has set this club back many years , probably a generation and doesn't simply disappear with the scouse thief declaring "I'm off". If you have tenants in your property for 8 years, they leave and you come back to find walls missing, carpets ripped up, swinging lightbulbs illuminating a faeces strewn hovel with little of value left are you implying that it can't be down to the tenants as "they have left"? Jacketts working within his pitiful financial means trying to fashion a team from what is now ultimately a poverty stricken scrubber of a club thanks to an owner who has run it like an 18th century work house failing to pay requisite capital into making it a success and we are left with what we have now regardless of who the manager is. I'm surprised we have brought anyone in at all TBH and fully expect the academy to be plunged for its " talent" in Janaury.

Ivybridge Wolf 31 October, 2015 10:18
Great signing - 4 years too late.

Hopefully, like Williamson, he'll prove us all wrong and plough us on up the table. I sincerely hope Holt does just that.

I am surprised about this one though. I thought Bright may be given an opportunity in the first instance.

Anyway, it is what the signing indicates which speaks volumes. Haphazard, piecemeal, rudderless. The club really have come a long, long way. Progress in a 'well run club' 'wanting to be another Everton'.

Is this what we pay Thelwell, our recruitment guru for? If so, I'm looking for a job.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Arthur Tannen 31 October, 2015 10:26
Regarding Bright, it just sums up our shocking plans to a tee. A club that bangs on so much about youth development would allow one of it's best prospects to sit on the first team bench for months because they couldn't find a senior striker until the end of October. Correct me if I'm wrong but until yesterday Bright hadn't played a youth game for months? Surely it would have been best for his development to be playing week in week out and not sitting on our bench barely playing a minute for 3 months?

Cheshire wolf 31 October, 2015 10:31
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
petewolf

so to sum up ... a club which has demonstrated a frugal outlay on players both in terms of wages and transfer fees during the last decade that is now completely penniless devoid of even the few coppers morgan sanctioned along with being ownerless with a head coach not even technically in charge of recruitment.. Jackett is to blame and should be sacked? Yet someone like Thelwell who describes a journey man player as "being good due to fulfilling the attributes of a footballing gypsy roaming the fields from club to club" is part of "team jacket" despite being above him in the wolves hierarchy appointed before Jackett was even hired- infact for all intensive purposes gave him the job along with Morgan/ Moxey ?

You seem to be under the impression Pete that simply because Morgan has stated he's off due to the parachute payments/ cash cow being been bled dry that any subsequent problems can't be attributable to him and lie at the door of others, predominantly Jackett whom I'm surprised is still alive having avoided hitmen sent around given the apparent hatred there is with his head cut open, roasted in an oven at gas mark 7 with cheese and butter put inside. The problems Morgan has created with fan apathy, loss of player assets, wage/transfer structures, structural job titles meaning nothing has set this club back many years , probably a generation and doesn't simply disappear with the scouse thief declaring "I'm off". If you have tenants in your property for 8 years, they leave and you come back to find walls missing, carpets ripped up, swinging lightbulbs illuminating a faeces strewn hovel with little of value left are you implying that it can't be down to the tenants as "they have left"? Jacketts working within his pitiful financial means trying to fashion a team from what is now ultimately a poverty stricken scrubber of a club thanks to an owner who has run it like an 18th century work house failing to pay requisite capital into making it a success and we are left with what we have now regardless of who the manager is. I'm surprised we have brought anyone in at all TBH and fully expect the academy to be plunged for its " talent" in Janaury.

I agree completely Angry

petewolf 31 October, 2015 11:10
i'me not just blaming jacket, they all should take some blame from the top to the bottom,but to say now that jacket isn't signing players he wants is silly, so we've got thelwell to blame for signing players, morgan/moxey to blame for near enough everything, the players to blame for getting panned every week and jacket comes out scott free,even though team selection, taticks,is down to him, hang on a min we cant blame him for that,that must be down to someone else, what about the rubbish he sprouts after every defeat, no we cant blame him for that, he's got no choice. ive changed my mind, there's no point in sacking jacket because if what some people are saying and the above is true, JACKET DOSENT DO ANYTHING

Badge32 31 October, 2015 12:05
Jackett is not blameless. As you say his tactics, team selection and no plan B is down to him. But he is a head coach and when he started it was stated Thewell was always going to deal with transfers and not him. He has a say, Maybe but final say so, I don't think so.

petewolf 31 October, 2015 14:36
great signing kevin thelwell, mike williamson m o m and just think, jacket didn't want him (Sm6)

an angry wolf 31 October, 2015 17:01
On the basis of that excellent organised performance, strong rumours doing the rounds of a lucrative 5 year contract for Jackett to be offered.... with the option to extend at the end of that period.

petewolf 31 October, 2015 17:12
i thought kevin thelwell was in charge not jacket confused smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net