Latest news:

Match Report: Wolves v Hull

By Eye Of The Tiger
August 31 2009

Hull took the lead in the 3rd minute. Clever build-up play on the left involving Andy Dawson and Stephen Hunt saw the Irishman stand up a ball into the danger area for Geovanni to head home from close range

After going behind Wolves piled on the pressure but were unable to test Myhill. Keogh had an headed effort but he could direct it goal wards. Hull were still looking to doubled the lead and Kilbane fired over for the Tigers before Geovanni saw an effort deflected behind for a corner. from the corner Ghilas headed straight at Wayne Hennessey.

Wolves should've been level in the 27th minute. Jarvis ran clear down the left and his cross found its way to Keogh but, with plenty of time and space, he fired straight into the arms of Myhill.Wolves were pushing for an equaliser and although their had plenty of possession their were unable to trouble the Hull keeper. Keogh wasted yet another opportunity a minute before the break. After receiving the ball from Elokobi, the Republic of Ireland striker fired wide from the edge of the box.

Half Time Wolves 0-1 Hull 

Wolves were back on level terms in the opening minute of the second half. Mancienne's free-kick from inside his own half was flicked on into the path of the unmarked Stearman who made no mistake from six yards out. It was similar story in the second half as in the 1st Wolves were piling on pressure without testing Boaz Myhill. Myhill made a comfortable save in the 61st minute from Keogh's header.

Jody Craddock headed over for wolves in the 68th minute when he perhaps should have done better. Keogh missed a guilt edge chance when he was presented with a great opportunity to make it 2-1 to Wolves but he he tamely fired wide of the target with just Myhill to beat.Wolves Old boy  Olofinjan tried his luck from distance but Hennessey made an easy save. Turner made a fantastic goalline block to keep the scores level in the 79th minute when Doyle thought he'd put his side ahead. substitute Sam Vokes could and should have sealed the win for his side in stoppage time.  The striker met Jarvis' cross eight yards out but failed to make Myhill work as his header drifted wide.

Full time Wolves 1-1 Hull

 Tigers: Myhill, Dawson, Mouyokolo, Zayatte, Turner, Olofinjana, Kilbane, Geovanni (Barmby 80), Hunt, Ghilas (Fagan 72), Folan (Altidore 62).
Subs: Warner, Cooper, Fagan, Barmby, Halmosi, Boateng, Altidore.

Wolves: Hennessey, Elokobi, Stearman, Craddock, Mancienne, Henry, Halford, Jarvis, Milijas, Doyle, Keogh (Vokes 87).
Subs: Hahnemann, Edwards, Surman, Jones, Berra, Vokes, Zubar.

Att: 27,906

View a Printer Friendly version of this Story.

Bookmark or share this story with:

Match Report: Wolves v Hull
Discussion started by Tigers Tales , 31/08/2009 22:34
Tigers Tales
31/08/2009 22:34
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Your Name: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing