By Graham Barnstaple
February 27 2012
It’s been another busy day for Rangers, fined by Stock Exchange, Whyte sticks his head above the parapet and staff prepare for redundancies.
This morning the club were fined £50000 by the PLUS Stock Exchange for failing to reveal Craig Whyte had been disqualified as a Director before taking over at Ibrox. As someone said on Twitter this is the financial equivalent of giving a dead body a kicking.
Whyte was disqualified in 2000 for seven years but Rangers did not announce this until November 30, six weeks after the Insolvency Service had confirmed the fact in a BBC documentary.
This was despite Whyte denying this had ever happened in his response to the programme at the time, immediately saying he would sue the BBC, something he has yet to do.
Whyte then appeared on Sky Sports News this afternoon to claim there are no missing millions, something that has been insinuated in the press since the club went into administration.
"There will be absolute clarity from the administrators. There are no missing millions," he told Sky Sports News.
"There has been some outrageous and malicious reporting, particularly in the Scottish media.
"I can assure Rangers fans that every penny going into the club has been accounted for and will be accounted for."
Given the credibility of his recent statements will the Rangers fans or anyone swallow any of this?
Finally we have heard today the administrators will be sitting down with staff this week to explain who will be leaving, including the playing staff. The senior players have offered to take pay cuts, but this may come too late to save many of the squad.
Another interesting week ahead…..