football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Danny Rowe
Posted by: Matt34
Date: 04/08/2018 21:47
That kind of fee is not as laughable as it might sound. Wrexham had a fee of £200,000 paid for a player by Swansea a few years back.

Fylde are backed by some money and have a big stadium. Unlike Borehamwood who are semi-pro's and have a release clauses for a top player of under £50,000, Fylde could be in a better position to demand more money, as they will undoubtedly pay more for player wages and the asset is a professional player at what could be seen as a bigger club.

The £35,000 release clause in Morgan Ferrier's contract, could look a little light in view of his playing actions last season for his club, but in reality Fylde could get more for Danny Rowe and the knock back of £150,000, is purely on the basis of not intending to sell him I would think.

There is an argument to say Rowe might be worth £100,000, based on his employers and form, but to be worth £150,000 he would have to be playing for a club, I feel, that had at least double the fan base and a solid history of league football like clubs like Leyton Orient and Tranmere had last season.

Had the offer been £150,000 for a Chesterfield player it would seem more in step with the kind of valuation such a club might get, but Fylde are clearly not rebuffing the £150,000 and making statements about Rowe being worth more, so in my estimation it looks like a PR exercise to say he goes nowhere at any price right now

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net