football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Winter Break
Posted by: Phil65
Date: 10/06/2018 08:58
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Why the negative comments about the players at Premiership level? Surely it is the clubs that are responsible? It will be a business decision and that is all. The players simply play when and where their employer demands

Premiership players (and their agents) are just pawns for their employers? Mmmmm, that's an interesting concept, millionaire skivvies; next they'll be cleaning their own boots! Ah well, at least they'll be made to earn their money, bless 'em.
Most, if not all, premiership players (and this is a massive underestimate for some) are earning more in one year than a nurse, teacher, paramedic etc. will earn in their whole working career and none of the aforementioned will be enjoying early retirement in their mansion or to attend to their estate. Empathy/sympathy for the precious, pampered, premiership commodities....not from me my friend.
If there are any survivors of an apocalyptic event, in the dark days that follow, let's hope there's a Premier League footballer amongst them to enable the regeneration of humanity and the world; after all, we couldn't do without them, their value to society and unique talents.
And another point, if their were aliens, surely they would have abducted one of our most valuable assets by now to explore the intelligent life on Earth; perhaps the Premier boys are aliens, come to milk us and develop their knowledge (still a long way to go for some in this respect!). Very generic I know, but can you imagine University Challenge with teams of footballers, with Rooney as one of the captains; I think it's more likely to be titled "Universally Challenged". Harsh, but true for some. Those poor footballers will be having a meltdown now! (Sm103)

Sorry, I've had my fun now at the expense of those poor unfortunates. I hope I'm forgiven.

Disclaimer: Some Premier League footballers possess intelligence, contribute positively to society e.g. supporting charitable causes, are not aliens, may know some of the answers on University Challenge and may have a valuable contribution to make (however small) after an apocalyptic event.

(Sm132)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net