Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Next up: Wrexham (A)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons
Date: 26/01/2018 17:34
It's less than 24 hours before my first away game of the season and excitement is starting to build nicely. I am bringing my 6 year old to what will be his first away game and he is also suitably excited about the prospect.

It's games like this that are the reason we follow a football team. Without getting too misty eyed, going to watch your team away from home is the true essence of being a fan. Feeling part of the super white army, singing songs and the all round vibe of being in the away end is an experience that is hard to beat. And winning is the best feeling in the world.

My son will have to deal with a bit more bad language and silliness (don't tell the wife) but it's part of every supporters rite of passage to witness things like this away from Prenton Park.

Eddie Bishop being sent off at Bury, Ian Muir's last minute winner at Wigan and a Rovers fan in a monkey suit at Burnden Park are memories I will cherish for ever.

But if excitement is high on the Wirral, it must be off the scale in North Wales. The chance of their biggest attendance since colour telly was invented has created a cup final atmosphere amongst our opponents. Anyone and everyone has been exhorted to get down to the Racecourse for tomorrow's game along with a huge expectation of victory.

Can they win? Yes.

Are they in good form? Sort of but not as good us.

How good are they? Well it's basically the same team that smashed and grabbed a one deflected shot win earlier in the season, with the added benefit of a big home crowd to roar them on.

We can beat them if we turn up because we are better than them and score more goals than them. They still play a limited style of football but hopefully home advantage will encourage them to attack us, which totally plays into our hands.

So I will be going to sleep dreaming of a last minute thunderbolt sparking scenes in the away end. I will settle for another own goal and hanging on for dear life.

Ubi fides ibi lux et robur.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email: