football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Ben Tollitt Out
Posted by: Higgosboots
Date: 06/10/2017 19:44
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. Not once, either before the game or while it was in progress, did I hear anyone say that Ben should not have played. Speaking to people prior to kick off and all over social media, everyone was saying they were delighted he was back. He then gets injured, nothing to to do with his previous cruciate injury, and so many are now saying he should not have started, MM has panicked, wrong pitch etc etc etc.
It really seems some people are only happy when criticising.

You don't need to rely on hindsight when you have foresight, as per my earlier comments he shouldn't play give him 25 minutes. It is not a repeat of the injury but an injury sustained through desperation and lack of match fitness. It's fine belting up and down solar campus, running through cones and playing 2 touch with your mates. I can tell you from personal experience NOTHING can replicate competition and the stresses and strains this puts on you. ACL can be career ending and it's for all these reasons, the repair maybe stronger but it's the collateral damage you can legislate for. Coming on for the last 20 if the game allows means everyone else is tired and he would be far fresher to compete comparatively. We all know Davies team talk would have been centred on BT once he saw the sheet, get into him, kick him welcome him back to the NL.

Sorry if I missed it but, prior to kick off, where and when did you post/comment that Ben should not have started. I would also think that prior to selection MM would have sought the views of the club doctor, physio, possibly the surgeon and BT himself. Unless of course you know otherwise. The injury he sustained on Wednesday could have happened anytime and tackles are more likely to be mis timed in the last twenty minutes when the pitch is heavier and defenders tired.

Right at the top of this thread when I said personally I wouldn't start him! An it wouldn't be like a football club to utilise a player who's not fit would it? The body is more susceptible to "those unrelated" injuries when not fit. drinking smiley

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net