football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
Posted by: Phil65
Date: 28/09/2017 18:59
Quote:
Aldo40
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

This could be the answer but I'm not too confident. From where I sit at the bottom of the Kop on the left hand side so so many of the practice shots before the match with no pressure at all are off target and don't force a save.

I know what you mean Eric01Tranmere, as I have referred to before a stray shot from Norwood nearly hitting us on the open end at Macc in the warm up before the game, last season.
We know at this level that only a limited amount of chances will be converted and I am concerned we aren't making enough clear cut chances as against half chances.
I have been alarmed by some of the wild shots in the warm up.
I think we could do with a slice of luck as confidence is low, but it's up to us to work that extra bit harder and create our own and let other teams know what we're about.

It's just odd that the opposition seem to score a very high percentage of the few chances they get. This seems to have been the case in the three seasons we've been down here. I guess we don't park the bus and have often got caught on the break, but they've still got to get past defenders, create the chance and score.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net