football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: AFC Wimbledon (A) - Saturday 25th October 2014 at 3.00pm
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Charlton Athletic Match Discussion
Posted by: BELMONT
Date: 20/02/2012 13:31
Quote:
ste24yearsafan
This was a result that most of us would have been grateful for before kick off, I for one was expecting us to loose. The next two games are the one to judge on, if we win them both (which I don't think we will) then we are probably okay. if we loose them both action (Surely) would be taken to address the concern. I suspect we will get at least two points which will leave us as we are now.

I suspect if we only get two points from the next two games this will have us on 36pts.so given the next two/three games have been played the bottom could look like this.

Plyd Pts
31 Scunthorpe 37 two wins
33 Tranmere 36 two draws
33 Yeovil 36 one win
34 Exeter 36 one win
-----------------------------------------------------------
33 Walsall 34 two wins(3 games)
33 Rochdale 30 one win
34 Wycombe 29 one win
33 Chesterfield 28 one draw
This would result in Tranmere being grouped with 36 pts and only goal difference keeping us from being 20th in the league and only two points above Walsall in 21st position if we could get one win out of the next two it would put us on 37pts same as Scunthorpe but even this would still leave us only 3pts ahead of Walsall . I know it`s a bit if and may be but if the results go like my predictions the next period of two/three games with in the group shown will be crucial so by the evening of Saturday 3rd of March we will know what will have to be done during the rest of the games.Scunthorpe seem to have the best hand given they have played less games.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net