football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: It's Simple - could be a blessing in disguise
Posted by: djarse
Date: 17/02/2008 11:57
If we beat Milan and Birmingham, your analysis will be proved right.

I am a bit more concerned. That's the 3rd thrashing this season - Sevilla was the first (and cost us first place in the Champions League group, which Milan may yet make us pay for), Spurs and now ManU. It's as if we are consistent for 95% of the time but occasionally just dont turn up and get thrashed. But twice in a month is a worry.

We should accept that ManU were terrific esp Rooney - clearly in response to their poor showing last weekend - let's hope we do the same bouncing back against Milan.

For me, the worst thing was Fabregas and Hleb looking so poor and constantly losing/giving the ball away. They made Fletcher and Anderson look world class. Toure and Gallas looked like what they were - a central pairing who hadnt played together for a month (unless Senderos was badly injured, I think it would have been better to have retained him with Gallas). And Gallas was lucky not to be sent off - he may still get suspended for his petulant kick against Nani - which could be costly given the key games we have over the next month.

I think you are too harsh on Bendtner. Considering he was on his own against two world class centre-backs, I thought he showed composure and kept the ball, set up a few promising moves that others wasted. Eboue is a real liability - Wenger needs to tell him he is out the door unless he can control himself.

Traore is still very young - he was at fault for two goals and will learn from it - the problem is we can scarcely afford the learning process at the moment. Let's not forget too that Lehmann played well - it could easily have been 5 or 6 if he hadnt.

We cannot afford any more thrashings this season if we are to win ether the premiership or the Champions League - that's clear.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net