football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Emery will never win a title with Arsenal FC
Posted by: VanTheManPersie
Date: 01/06/2018 13:11
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
Liverpool beat the runaway Prem winners comfortably over two legs
Juventus scraped past us, an inexperienced CL team and Barca and Bayern don’t look the same force right now that they have done in previous CL campaigns.
Some of the Barca teams that won the CL were phenomenal

I still think a manager could take Mourihno or DI Matteos tactics and win a CL with a side not in your list of greats with a Little luck in a couple of legs over the knock out stages

Quote:
CazOnARola
League is always going to be tougher cause you need to be consistent over the course of the 38 games and a few great performances don't suffice.
But having said that, CL is no differen now. Madrid let liverpool play the way they did. Right from the first min,, madrud played were chipping the ball over the front 4 of Liverpool and mostly kept the ball on the sides on the wing, which thwarted liverpool s biggest threat which is transitions.

This is what Zidane and mourinho teams do. When you have got top class players, you don't need to commit men to create chances. Throughout the knockouts, they have been scoring with touches from 3/4 players.

I had a bet with my brother that if liverpool don't score in the first 30 min, madrid would win. Thanks to karius it was a lot easier. But trust me, they would have found a way to score with bale and asensio, if the game was a stalemate.

Plus the energy that klopp teams expend, they would be shot by extra time. So Zidane got his tactics spot on.

This is exactly why they have won 3 in a row. They just need 3/4 players in ronaldo/benzema/marcelo/modric to combine to score without it even looking like a chance.

Many are even aerial one touch passes which are impossible to defend, like marcelos goal against bayern.

The quality of barca/madrid/bayern/juventus is so high, it's almost as difficult as winning the league now. Just look at the past decade.

Its worth noting, liverpool didn't have to beat any of the above teams to get to the final
Yes it's much more plausible than winning the league, but my point was that it is also a lot more difficult than it used to be and the concentration of wealth and world class players in a few teams has made it so.

The teams that i mentioned are not the sides they used to be but are still better than most others r in Europe. Plus their players have the experience of winning such matches and that is why they scrape through.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net