football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Do you realise?
Posted by: Shane88
Date: 11/01/2018 22:45
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Shane
then I'm pretty confident that we won't miss them.

Yes we won't miss them because we are still going be quite s.hit and fight for 6th place in the coming seasons with Wenger still in charge

Also, Shane, do you realise, that when we say Wenger is not good enough, we are not comparing him to the whole EPL but only the top 4 clubs and the major clubs in Europe?

Shane, you keep on trying to point out that overall in the big picture Wenger is still a good manager as we are still good team when you compare us to the whole league and Europe and that if Wenger was not good enough then we would be in bottom half of the table or fighting relegation.

Well no s.hit Sherlock.

When we, the gooners who want Wenger gone say that Wenger is not good enough or that he is s.hit, we are not saying that overall he is bad manager, but that he is now a bad manager for Arsenal, club who tells it's fans and the world that we are big club, charges us fans the highest ticket prices in the world, are one of richest clubs in the world, have two multi billionaires as shareholders, a big worldwide fan base, claims to always challenge for major trophies and has the funds to spend big on transfers.

If the club admitted we were now going to be a mediocre club and didn't charge the highest ticket prices then we fans would come to accept it, probably, and will at least say the Wenger is doing a decent job.

But that is not the case, is it?

What really gets us, WOBs, if you want to called it that and also increasing number of fans, is the total lack of ambition, from both the Board and Wenger. Yes Wenger too, because if he really wanted to win a major trophy again, at all costs, then would've spoken out against the Board or Stan and all of us fans would've been totally behind him.

But no, not only is it clear that Wenger is extremely stubborn and only wants to win trophies his way to prove some point, but Wenger also covers for the Board and Stan, hell ii is 100% clear the Wenger is in league with the Board and Stan.

Wenger has a fantastic job at Arsenal. He has total control of the football aspect, is one of the top 5 or top 3 highest paid managers in the world, has absolutely ZERO pressure from the Board and Stan in regards to on-the-pitch success, and as last season showed, Wenger can even decide his own contract situation. Wenger has for more than our supposed Chief Executive, Ivan Gazidis FFS! (Remember that absolute power corrupts absolutely.)

What is also now very noticeable is that we are no longer playing good football. At least before you could say that we still played good football even if we weren't winning anything.

Yes Wenger's defence has been s.hit for 10+ years but for the last few years his midfield has gone from bad to worse.

Our attack has now started to decline too, even with the likes of Alexis and Ozil.

The longer Wenger stays the worse it's gone get. It's inevitable and frankly IMO it is irreversible for Wenger to be successful (i.e. win major trophy, title or CL) again at Arsenal.

Shane, you can keep pointing out how Wenger is not bad manager when compared to clubs below us, but it is now clear for all to see that Wenger is not good enough anymore for a club that needs to win major trophies, especially at Arsenal where he massive power and influcence and is never under any pressure.

I want Wenger gone too mate and I agree with most of that, so I've no idea what you're on about.

The reason it looks like I don't want him gone is because every now and then I have the tenacity to say something positive about the bloke, and people like yourself equate the slightest bit of positivity to mean that I want Wenger to stay at Arsenal forever.

You can want a change in manager without absolutely hating the current one mate. This idea will fly over your head because ya'll have created a toxicity, where you're an enemy of the I Hate Wenger Club unless you pedal balls-to-the-wall melodrama and dress it up as reality.

If you don't believe me then you need only consider the fact you said we're challenging for sixth place. Is this actually true or is it just one of the many things that Arsenal fans exaggerate in order to put an even more negative spin on things? As I said, melodrama, but you can't challenge the realism of anything remotely negative about Arsenal on here.

This thread is a decent example. All I've really said is, 'Lads, relax. Big players will still want to join Arsenal if Ozil and Sanchez go, because we had no big players when those c*nts signed'. I think that's a fair statement, but you used a post that you were saving for De Times or someone.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net