Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Pre-season underway
Posted by: MattySadler
Date: 26/07/2017 21:55
Quote:
tigerline
We are now much closer to the start of the season than when you began this thread; at this point, how would you project the composition of our senior squad?
Anticipated departures?
Anticipated additions? Mahrez? Carvalho?
Anticipated youth making the first team?
Anticipated loanees?

Tough to say on departures. By the sounds of things there has been interest in Gibbs (West Brom, Watford, Newcastle), Wilshere (Sampdoria, Antalyaspor, West Ham), Jenkinson (Brighton, Swansea) and Lucas (Deportivo), but Wenger said recently that whilst talks are ongoing, nothing is close. Apparently Nice were in for Debuchy but were put off by his wage demands. Not heard anything about Akpom yet but I'd expect him to go to a Championship side.

Who else we sign is anybody's guess. We just keep hearing the same contradictory rumours over and over again, which probably means little is happening. Regardless, I don't expect we'll strengthen the positions I feel need strengthening. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is it for incomings.

Maitland-Niles is set to be promoted to the first team squad, while Bielik remains on the fringes. I expect Nelson will make the breakthrough sooner rather than later. Otherwise it is tough to say. There are a few players in the youth set up I quite like but breaking through won't be easy.

Bielik is a candidate to go out on loan, he needs regular games. Ditto Reine-Adelaide.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net