football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Pre-season underway
Posted by: hahanice
Date: 19/07/2017 19:18
not much chatter about the last 2 preseason games so ill give my insights.

the game against western sydney seemed pretty easy. really liked OG and lacazette linking up together. lacazette is so smooth the way he turns and finds shooting angles. really impressed by him. he is the type of player that can find a goal from nothing.

Welbeck looked good too, though he is a bit clumsy.

Liked almost all of the youngsters. Beliek was good. Willock was great in all of the games he played in. Neilson looked good in game 1, though he fell off a bit. Same with Bramal. really liked Malen as well. Niles looks solid. i don't think hes a game changer but he is a solid no nonsense type of player. i really liked watching all of our youngsters have the confidence to take players on and drive forward.

not sure i really like nkeitah, though he was being played way out of position, and hit the post twice.

Cech was fantastic against Bayern especially, and Martinez was brilliant in the shootout. pretty upset that woj is gone, especially after his instagram post saying he will miss arsenal, and its his boyhood club. but we are well stocked in goal.

the sr players are what we think they are. ozil looked good at times, frustrating at others. Kolasinac is better in the back 3 as opposed to as a wing back.

The ox and ramsey both looked fantastic. ramsey looks much fitter than he did last year. hopefully he can get back to some good form. he looks faster and sharper. the one who looks like he is the odd man out is Theo. not sure where he will find game time. hes always been useful, but is also one of our more frustrating players. didnt really do much in the first 3 games, especially not in comparison to the youngsters who all looked better than him.

oh, and elneny absolutely covered himself in glory for me. asked to play as a center back because the team needed to, he stepped in with no fuss and did a terrific job. well done to him.

i like the formation, we look sturdier. we were definitely outclassed by bayern today, but somehow got a win. the referee's were miserably bad but didnt change the scoreline much (pen shouldnt have been a pen, and offsides goal should have stood).

kind of a jumbled mess, sorry

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net