football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The power of collective prayer (Muamba)
Posted by: gunners r us
Date: 18/03/2012 20:03
What you said above is a bit too simplistic. There have been some posts which might be read as a "put down" of religion, which is quite rude.

I just feel that in life, not just in this case, that too many people are quick to criticise those who have religious view when it is not necessary

For example, my uni has a Christian union. They do this toastie thing where they ask people to text a question about Christianity/God/etc and then they will come to you, answer it and give you a toastie. Sometimes they give out leaflets about this and other similar events.

What irritates me people who see this and complain and say "they are trying to convert me, they are everywhere, let them leave me alone". It happens all the time. If you don't want to be "converted", then quite simply ignore them. It is very easy. If they give you a leaflet say no thank you and carry on with your day. It is not hard.

I also have problems of people who get offended when their religion is mocked, but are all too happy to mock other religions.

There is a lot of unnecessary snides and problems with: - -atheism and religion, especially Christianity
- within one religion (protestants an Catholics for example)
- within different religions (Muslims v Christians and the bombings in Nigeria)

It is a joke. I am very please with the support everyone gave to Muamba, but IF I am being honest, from what I have seen in my 19years of living, I do not have positive views of the human race.

Greedy, selfish and destructive individuals. Controversial I know, but meh, I just hold a negative view of society.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net