football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: You people
Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal
Date: 14/03/2012 18:24
Quote:
Simon68
The notion that shareholders have taken money from the Club is wrong. They have made money from being shareholders of a business listed on the Private Stock Exchange. It's not the Clubs money and doesn't affect the financial figures the Club produces. Whether you like it or not, stock markets exist for people to buy into and make the most of. Personally, I don't like them, but there it is.

Thing is I have never said they took money out of the club. Go ahead find where I said that. Indeed if anything I have said I would have preferred the Board pay out dividends to itself and othershareholders not sell the Club, and make more of the remaining money more readily available to invest in the football team.

There is no sin in the Board making some money for all the work it has done. Indeed they should get some financial reward for it from the Club. That has never been an issue for me.

For me the issue is this should these already terrifically well-off and wealthy individuals put making even more money for themselves by betraying the trust of the Club ahead of making a bit less money for themselves and honoring the commitments we trusted them to honor on our club's behalf. It's not like they would have gone broke or had their homes foreclosed on otherwise after all.

They still would have made a pretty healthy profit to be sure , whether they took dividends at a lower share price or sold at a lower share price. Why should they sell us a defective product simply to make even more money when they are already making plenty. This is purely greed at work here and that should be unacceptable to all of us.

And this is where the club's money comes in. The Board didn't take any of it but they manipulated most if not all of it to increase the share price and interest from investors in buying the Club. They used the club's equity to make their shares more valuable, and did this by limiting transfer spending among other things. They made money from the club's money not being spent any more than it was. As Chris Matthews among others nicely puts it they made money from money.

Simple question is that any less dishonorable or dishonest than taking dividends especially since that would allow the club to have made more money availble to spend instead?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net