football
Latest News:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: saddest films
Posted by: Zainy
Date: 11/02/2012 11:33
Saddest moment for me is not actually a movie but a series. I watch Fututama (animated sci-fi comedy by Simpsons guru Matt Groening)

There is an episode that gets my teary eyed every time.
Its about Fry the main character trying to bring back his dog who he lost when he was accidentally frozen for 1000 years. His dog had somehow been encased in magma (i think) and the prof figured out a way to bring him back to life. In the end he decides not to do it because they figured out the dog was relatively elderly when he was encased meaning he had lived quite a number of years after Fry disappeared. He felt that he had a whole other life without him and would have forgotten him.
The end cuts to a flash back of the year Fry disappeared and his dog showing up outside the pizza place every day waiting for him to 'come home' in all the seasons, even when the whole world around him was freezing. Clearly he never forgot. Very sad.

Draws comparison to the movie Hachi: A dogs tale

If you enjoy dog stories i recommend watching this adaptaion of a true life story and skip the next paragraph

about a real life story of a dog who used to be picked up by his master every day at the train station (the dog used to leave home at a certain time each day to make his way to the train station to wait)
His owner suffers a heart attack at work one day but the dog never gives up hope and returns every day for the next 9 years waiting for him to come back.

How anyone can be a cat person over a dog person is beyond me.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net