football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Burnley v Birmingham
Posted by: bordeauxclaret
Date: 05/04/2012 11:43
Quote:
vinnicombe
Maybe he's not planning on playing him primarily up front next season? Maybe he feels Austin and Ings might not have the height/strengh/hold up play required?
Maybe he's planning on bringing another striker in with some of the money raised for Jay?
Maybe thats why he's trying him in different positions in meaningless games?
Who knows. Plenty of possibilities.

Yes, who knows ? But the obvious possibility is to play him in the position we bought him for and where he looks a very good prospect indeed, as Eddie himself has said several times. If he shows he can't do the job then try him somewhere else, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Anyway he gave up the experiment after 45 minutes and we were much better when he went up front. Hopefully Eddie has now got the urge to tinker out of his system and he'll concentrate on getting a team out that can do the job, he'll have 6/8 friendlies in summer if he wants to 'experiment'.

I'm by no means convinced he was 'experimenting' anyway. He was playing Wallace out of position at left-back and I suspect he decided on those changes as a way to compensate. He just over-complicated and got it horribly wrong imo.

I hope I'm right as well, I prefer that explanation to having a manager who after so long at the club thinks that Ings could be a better midfield player than McCann, McCann could be a better winger than McQuoid, and that McQuoid could be a better striker than Ings. If that's the way he's thinking then we really are in trouble.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net