football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Burnley v Birmingham
Posted by: bordeauxclaret
Date: 04/04/2012 21:50
Quote:
BBC 2
Its not brain surgery, he is using the last few games to try out players in different positions,

It seems Jay's on his way, Pato is clearly knackered, and Charlie's shoulder is carrying an ominous amount of strapping. Every possibility that Ings will be our first choice striker next season. He's been played mostly on the left-wing so far, but on Saturday Eddie was really pleased with his display in his preferred position of central striker in the second-half, and that's what we bought him as anyway.

So after a good performance, a goal, and a potential vacancy for a central striker next season, the Birmingham game was an ideal opportunity to give Ings another run-out in the position we bought him for, and we'll probably need him for next season. A perfect chance to 'experiment', try out our new centre-forward. So he starts him in midfield and plays a loanee winger up front.

I've tried, but I still can't follow the logic of that. Does he really think that's the way to go next season, Ings in midfield and McQuoid replacing Jay ?

I'll confidently predict now that that's about as much chance of bringing us success as getting crosses into Iwelumo had. None whatsoever.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net