football
Latest News:

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Legends Day - October 19th
Posted by: DBW1878
Date: 10/09/2014 12:20
So this is a money raiser for the hospice that looked after Sammy. We, as the official supporters team, have been invited to play a Legends team that so far comprises of

John Martin
Sandy Stewart
Jimmy Boyle
Jimmy Sandison
Kenny Brannigan
Kenny Black
Evan Balfour
Marvin Wilson
Alan Lawrence
Andy Smith
Owen Coyle

Last year was good, but this eclipses that. Imagine trying to mark Owen Coyle, or taking taking an penalty into Big Johnny ? There will be people paying to watch, and the game will last an hour, from 1-2.

There will then be another game afterwards, featuring a current Airdrie select vs a team of Sammy's ex team mates and players who played under him when he was manager in the Juniors. The bar will be open throughout this though.

Then from 5-9, there will be a dinner in the Rowan Suite. Des McKeown will MC, with special guests and a comedian.

Promises to be a great day. It's great that we are recognised as a big part of things around Airdrie way, and this is why we got the press acclaim last week for helping to buy back John Martin's cup medal.

This is open to Swally members old and new - everyone is invited - old skool and new skool. However I will not be pushing people too much, as I think we have done our bit recently and know cash is tight.

So, let me know if you are in or out, and I will need cash asap.

Preference 1 is playing plus going to the dinner = £50
Dinner only is £30
And playing only is £30.

Note though that those going to the full day takes priority over those just wanting to play.

In for both so far,
Me
Colin T
Buckie

Out
Ally
Kane
Leishy.

Replies asap please for a great charity and a great day.

On Wednesday, 10 September 2014, 9:08, Dougy Allsop <dougyallsop@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Still looking for answers from a few of you on Sat...notably Bowie and Goodwin. Scott Laird ????

Details of the Legends game will be announced over next 48 hours. Looking at same arrangements as last year, except with a far stronger team..Coyle, Balfour, Black, Johnny Martin etc. Dinner afterwards. Probably looking at £30 for game, £30 for dinner, or £50 if you do both.

Will need cash asap, and of course open to Swally old and new.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net