Latest news:
New Page 1
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Betting
Posted by: Arthur Tannen
Date: 09/01/2018 13:37
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Quote:
Arthur Tannen
I've put together a quick accumulator on william hill for next weekend just to test it out.
Real Madrid back 1.28 lay 1.34
Man Utd back 1.20 lay 1.25
PSG back 1.22 lay 1.30
Spurs back 1.28 lay 1.31
Chelsea 1.28 lay 1.30

Accumulator odds - 3.12

Because the lay prices are different to the original example of using 1.22 for each leg you will get slightly different results depending on which one loses.

If you lay them all as £20 each the results are as follows:

All win = £12.40
1 loss = between -9.40 and -7.60
2 lose = between £0.20 and £2.20
3 lose = between £25.80 and £27.80
4 lose = between £51.60 and £53.40
5 lose = £78

Literally took 5 mins to put together, could find a couple of better legs before next week to improve it and I'd expect some of those lay prices to come down as it gets closer to the match. Also be worth looking through the small print to make sure everything is correct.

https://promotions.williamhill.com/offer/acca-five-2017-2018

You can also mix in other sports too so could add in tennis or snooker.

Although having worked in Ladbrokes, albeit many moons ago (30 years plus), I stil struggle with the term 'lay'. I think Angry qualified about 4-5 years ago, nevertheless ..... !

In your example AT, you are betting as an accumulator for the 5 teams quoted, correct? Is that at £20 too?

When you state you lay e.g. 1.34 for Real Madrid, what bet are you making there? Is that a £20 single? How do draws come into the equation?

Trouble is, I can't find the equivalent bet on BET365.

Thanks in advance .... cheers

Basically lay means you are betting against the result so if we use the Real Madrid example, you back them to win at 1.28 at William Hill then at the exchange (betfair, betdaq, smarkets etc) you lay (bet against) them at 1.32.

All lay means in football is that you are betting on the other two outcomes. So at the bookie you back the home win then if you lay the home win at the exchange you are betting on the away win and draw.

You can only lay a bet at an exchange, the bookies don't offer it.

With the accumulator you will place a single bet on it of £20 and then at the exchange you will lay each individual leg of it. For the above example the average lay odds are 1.3 so you then lay £20 on each individual leg which leaves you with a potential profit of £20 or a loss of £6 per leg. You are just trying to covering your initial accumulator bet of £20.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net