football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Stepping Away
Posted by: Cheshire wolf
Date: 30/09/2017 13:58
Well folks this is a desperately disappointing position to reach on this wolves fans board.

Badge has been trying really hard over the past 12 - 18 months to put items of interest on the board and has always set up the match pages which have satisfied the publishing requirements of Sportnetwork to keep the site open. Unfortunately the apathy amongst our members has led him to realise that the effort is largely wasted.

The reality is that the site is likely to be closed sooner than later. Other than Badge32 I am the only other Moderator on the site, and I cannot commit to undertaking all the extra work to ensure it survives, especially when there is so little commitment from so many others.

I met up with Toomb recently and asked him to make occasional reports again on matches that he attends but he hasn't so far so I guess he's not likely to in the near future.

The shortage of interest in the Premier League Predictions League despite Cedric's efforts was indicative of how hard it is to engender any enthusiasm on here, yet the Wolves Prediction League has 15 participants!!

We have had members leave and then say they sit on the sidelines watching but don't post. I fail to understand this notion, but their lack of involvement has contributed to this situation. Steway came on after a lengthy absence full of apologies, was welcomed back, then disappeared again!! Why bother??

I have been a member of this board for 8 years and have always enjoyed it, and have done my best to fulfill the role of Moderator, but I really can't do any more to try and keep it open, If there are any members of the board out there who would like to undertake the necessary contributions to enable the board to stay open, then it would be good to hear from them. Otherwise the death knoll is sounding. Frustratingly it's as if An Angry Wolf decided not to get involved this season, so everyone else lost interest!!

Right I will do now do the commentary - probably for the last time.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net