Latest News:

| REGISTER FREE USERNAME | HOME PAGE | REFRESH | ADMIN@TYNE-TALK.CO.UK | TOON NEWS ARCHIVE

- Why not REGISTER YOUR FREE USERNAME and join us in discussion on this message board? Chat with 100s of Newcastle United fans about the latest news/rumours/gossip and matches. Everybody is welcome, and it takes literally just 30 seconds to register!
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

1 Apr, 2012 15:24 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
Date Joined: May, 2007
Re: Match Preview/Stats/Thread: Newcastle Utd v Liverpool
Strange game. Feels like the other shoe has dropped. LFC in serious trouble. If Sunlun had held on yesterday and Swansea manages a win today they'd be out of the top 10. Gotta spend wisely, I guess...and not make emotionally-pleasing but otherwise questionable appointments.

Advice from a club that's been there.

If not for the attacking display, my MOM is Perch...but everything considered, Cisse & HBA split it.

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:24 Report
Carys (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jun, 2004
Thats a great 3 points for us.(Sm46) 11 points clear of 7th

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:26 Report
annie (IP Logged)
Good win.(Sm152) 11 points ahead of Liverpool. I can hardly believe it.

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:31 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
Not that surprised, though. As I argued recently elsewhere, our squad is at least as good as theirs and generally younger. They have one serious goal threat and I can't see Gerrard getting back to where he was.

Now we need to finish the job-a big ask without Colo. Getting 64 points is totally doable though and we could top that-I'm assuming draws w/Swansea & EFC and nothing from CFC or City.

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:32 Report
annie (IP Logged)
I was right Mike Williamson was made Man of the Match. Who'd have thunk it.

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:33 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
Seriously. Also, second week in a row of post-match interviews...apparently he's the new beautiful face of NUFC!

What do you think, ladies?
(Sm100)

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:37 Report
annie (IP Logged)
I find him a bit wimpy, though he did play well today defending and unlucky twice not to score

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:38 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
Hand-wringing over Simmo's clearance, which definitely was handball, is bothering me. Five minutes before that, HBA had his shirt blatantly pulled by Enrique in the box. That's more of a discussion for me. The Simpson thing happened quickly and the linesman didn't see it. Done and done. It happens. On the other hand, week in-week out we see instances of shirt pulling in the box. Sometimes it's a penalty, sometimes it isn't. Clarification, please?

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:40 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
My wife says he's no Haris Vuckic, her newest favorite in our squad.

I told her she'd be robbing the cradle.
(Sm22)

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:44 Report
DaraghL (IP Logged)
My sister is mad for Cabaye ... I've a man crush on Cisse right now (Sm159)

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab165/DaraghL/Overthewall.jpg

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:45 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
Upon review of the replay, I think Carroll may have scuffed his attempt to hop over Krul and honestly tripped himself.

I can't help defending him. He's a Geordie boy after all.

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 15:47 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
I'm right there with you. Rodney (still think he should have gotten that on his shirt), you're my hero!

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 17:11 Report
i! (IP Logged)
Great stuff, we're hitting form at just the right time.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2185/legendsst3.jpg
Get regular updates from one of TyneTalk's mintest posters, follow: [www.twitter.com] @adameverett92

ReplyQuote

1 Apr, 2012 18:31 Report
Biffins Bridge (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Feb, 2009
Class result and Im over the moon. I felt a little for Carroll TBH but you cant have your cake and eat it. You cant leave for 80k a week and not expect a bit booing. I was there and he looked like he dived again in the second half, clutching his knee.

In my eyes, Jose deserved more grief at the way he went on during the end of his career here. Neither wanted the ball at all and were terrible today.

Perch was my MOTM and Williamson was class. Cisse, christ he can finish. How did he get that header in and was cool for the second. Is that 7 in 7. Amazing. Big praise for BA though. He might not have scored as many but he works his socks off and allows so much room for Cisse and HBA.

10 points clear of 7th, 11 from Pool and 12 from the Mackems. Its great.

Dont worry about us not getting a CB due to Perch's form. Hat off to the lad, but we will still get a CB and LB. If we manage Europe, we will need the squad.

ReplyQuote

2 Apr, 2012 11:05 Report
Piston (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Dec, 2010
WRT enrique and carroll, they are reaping the fruitage of their lack of faith in the club, and it is ironic that they have effectively taken a step down albeit for higher pay.

I still don't see the point of booing them whenever they get on the ball.
Bellamy maybe deserves it but the other 2 don't, they made way for better players and their leaving the club helped us to move forward.
One of the commentators summed up carrolls sale rather concisely I think when he said something like 'its a classic case of a club selling a good player in order to get a better player'

WRT the game, the performance was solid.

Perch was immense all over the park and he's my MOM with Cisse a very close second. It seems I really will have to change my opinion of him, although I still feel sick when I see his name on the starting line-up.
My only criticism of Cisse is that his first goal was arguably his most difficult chance to score.
He gets into so many good positions and I felt he could have had a hatrick or better in both of his last two matches.

Williamson had a pretty good game and while I'm not a fan of his I have to give him credit for that.
Still, it seems he must have at least one moment of complete madness in a game and yesterday was no exception.
He needs to cut that out because a better liverpool could have turned his stupid mistakes into a goal and built on that.
The problem is that we always look solid before we concede. letting a team back into the game at 2-1 would effectively hand them a draw or better, since once we concede its backs to the wall invariably and we cant seem to get back on track.

I've felt on a few occasions this season we've gotten very lucky not to concede in the dying minutes of a game, apart from at Arsenal, and lets not kid ourselves they probably should have scored much earlier.

That goal he gave west brom last time out was ridiculous, incredibly retarded defending.
If morrison hadn't been injured with about 15min to go - knocking them down to 10 men since they'd already made all their subs - they might have got back into that game as WBA are wont to do against us. FFS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 11:24 by piston26.

ReplyQuote

2 Apr, 2012 15:18 Report
mentalman (IP Logged)
I've said it many times that i only wanted to see Perchinio playing in the midfield but his performances have been good over the last 2 games but lets home this wasn't a one off and they can form a decent partnership during Colo's abscence!

Plenty of controversy throughout the match but we outplayed them and outclassed them,i never thought i'd watch a Liverpool match and forget that their messiah was playing!

Again HBA was fantastic along with the 2 Demba's and it was good management from AP to bring Cisse off seen as he already had been booked and the way him and Baldy were going at each other he could have easily got a second!

Again the management and players showed great control and maturity once Reina had been sent off, it would have been easy to get carried away and try to test JE in goal and leave massive gaps at the back that may have allowed liverpool back into the match!

ReplyQuote

2 Apr, 2012 21:34 Report
tunyc (IP Logged)
broon ale quality tester
I don't understand why Carroll was slated, except that I suppose most geordies at the match have swallowed the laughable narrative of his departure put forth by DL.

When all he had to do was say: "we were offered over 30M, we will always take that, end of story." Nope, couldn't pass on the chance to peddle some rhetoric.

I do enjoy pointing this out to my LFC-supporting coworker:

Andy Carroll = (2 X Papiss Cisse) + (5 X Hatem ben Arfa)
(Sm126)

ReplyQuote
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net