football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Oxford United (A) - Saturday 18th October 2014 at 3.00pm

rumours
lukeb-trfc (IP Logged)
06 May, 2008 20:54
does any1 no any transfer rumours for us???i heard that were finkn of not given ronnie a contract an mike newell is his most likely to sucside ronnie

Re: rumours
The Tranmere Troll (IP Logged)
06 May, 2008 23:12
im err finkin lad, dat err like yano that kidda ronnie is stayin put.. init

super_white_army (IP Logged)
06 May, 2008 23:49
(Sm26)WTF B_M_H_G?

The Tranmere Troll (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 13:08
just speaking in street lingo init laa

Stanj (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 19:45
Last season I threw some names in as possible transfers, of 4 I mentioned, Danny Coyne, Anthony Kay, Tom Williams and Ian Moore, I was right about 2, the other coming in in January. I think we will sign Keigan Parker in the next few weeks and also think Ronnie and Shirtliff will get new deals. Would be pretty chuffed if these were to come true!

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 20:15
Because Ronnie is already lining up Pre-season opposition I think it's quite likely he'll get a new contract, which I'm quite glad about, so I think you're right in that respect.

I wouldn't be too chuffed if Parker signed. Good player and all, but we need a target man, he is too much in the Moore and Greenacre mold. With Zola out of the team the last month or so, we've definately missed something. I've said it all season long, but we looked our best with him and Greenacre upfront, and although he might not technically and ability wise be our best striker, he is the one who causes the most trouble. So I hope we can bring in another target man, somebody who ultimately is a better all round player than Zola, especially goalscoring wise, but who is a similar type player - that is unless Ronnie wants to give Tony Kay a shot up top!

I'd be delighted if we got Jennison Myra-Hindley on a permanent deal, especially with Jonah going and Davies likely too, whilst an attacking midfielder is also important.

Stanj (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 20:26
Moore should have another crack at things, granted we were 11th but he hasn't disappointed in the past with his signings. I think it could be the end for Zola, wouldn't mind if he was going now either because regardless of how much potential he might have, he is too injury prone, we need a striker who won't be injured all the time. Having said that, I am about to say something so contradictory of my previous point but I would like us to try and sign Akinfenwa, unlikely as it is he is a target man who can score goals. I would love us to sign Parker but play him as an attacking midfielder rather than striker.

07 May, 2008 20:31
Akinfenwa wont leave Northampton for us. Why would he?

MARK-TRFC (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 20:37
where's this parker rumour came from?
is it just somebody we would like or is he actually linked?

i do think he would be a gd player!

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 20:39
He's just been suggested I think Mark.

He has been out of favour at Blackpool this season which is the reason why I think!

Deadly Submarine

Stanj (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 20:42
He's been released by Blackpool today mate along with a load of others, there are 11 released in total. Just to dispel the rumour, this is a guess from me rather than something I've heard but would be pretty chuffed if he signed, he's a good player but has a bit of an attitude but I think Ronnie could sort that out.

James Thomas (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 22:23
I heard a rumour today that Ronnie is looking at the striker Jo Kuffour from Bournemouth.

Only seen him once and looks like a quick, lively player but haven't seen enough of him to give a perspective really.

Mikey (IP Logged)
07 May, 2008 22:26
I've also heard about Ronnie being interested in him a while ago!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

08 May, 2008 09:54
Again, I hope this isn't true. He isn't the type of player we want and need. He will not score more goals per season than Greenacre, especially if the service is as limited as it was for us this season, whilst we have Curran and Gornell. We need a target man.

Monster Munch (IP Logged)
08 May, 2008 16:54
Crouch(Sm52)

GRAVY

ad91 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2008 21:44
zigic!! quality!!

Banana Army (IP Logged)
08 May, 2008 23:07
Akinfenwa aint a bad shout, although i think we need to concentrate on another area of the pitch, as he has not been offered a new contract as of yet. That maybe why there are rumours of him coming here SWA.

09 May, 2008 01:46
he's been offered a knew deal.

lukeb-trfc (IP Logged)
09 May, 2008 15:31
just heard on the radio that we have let mullin an stockdale go

24 June, 2008 17:01
Any rumours no matter how radical surfaced recently?

24 June, 2008 23:34
News tonight seems to be that Bradford and Brighton are chasing Paul McLaren who can't seem to agree a new contract with Tranmere for whatever reason.

A major blow if we lose him in my opinion.

Deadly Submarine

25 June, 2008 00:14
where you hear that?

ad91 (IP Logged)
25 June, 2008 00:23
why would he go there? apart from money obviouslly!

25 June, 2008 00:28
Brighton is possibly closer to home, whilst he may be getting a longer contract offer

25 June, 2008 08:06
True Matt and as for Bradford, I had heard he may still ive up Yorkshire way somewhere after his time at Rotherham so that would figure too.

Deadly Submarine

Ricci (IP Logged)
25 June, 2008 08:43
Would be a joke if we lose him and Jennings, which at the moment seems quite likely as surely if they wanted to stay they would have signed by now?

25 June, 2008 09:25
Knowing the Club though Ricci, they could just as easily have signed already but just not been announced perhaps?

We just don't know whether the long silence is good or bad and can only speculate I suppose!

Deadly Submarine

25 June, 2008 09:27
they usally like to balance out news. So, McLaren has gone and signed for Barnsley but we have signed Mahon. Zola has signed for Crewe but we have signed Ronaldo. For example.

Ricci (IP Logged)
25 June, 2008 09:43
Yeah they do tend to do that, lets hope then that when they announce the sale of Zola, with it they will tell us his replacement. Anyone heard anymore from this italian bloke Ronnie was looking at?

25 June, 2008 09:46
I think that was just for the cameras. It sounds exciting and full of promise and was probably a ploy to get season ticket sales. I hope I am wrong though.

25 June, 2008 11:26
I agree that the news will most likely be balanced out around the same time.

Deadly Submarine

25 June, 2008 18:14
Why would it be a joke if we lost them both? We can't afford to spend above our means to keep them at the club, therefore jeopodising the future of Tranmere Rovers.

ad91 (IP Logged)
25 June, 2008 22:26
and we cant affird to replace them either!! them, and ian goodison were our team last year, with the odd cameo from kay and chorley!
they would be much more expensive to replace that re-sign!

26 June, 2008 01:30
How do we know that? Rumour (and it's only rumour like) is that McLaren has asked for a lot more money and if that is the case then maybe we can replace him for cheaper?

We just don't know the ins and outs and the full financial constraints.

I'd be disappointed to see both go but McLaren in particular.

Deadly Submarine

ad91 (IP Logged)
26 June, 2008 07:10
u cant rely on free's all the time! especially when reeplacing a player on that quality! thats why it may be cheaper to pay him the silly wages he possibly wants

26 June, 2008 07:25
I'm not saying it will go on Players cos I'm not sure it will but we have money due from Zola, Davies and Hume.

Not a great amount and like I say probably not going on player transfers but it could help go on wages and therefore we might be able to find someone suitable.

Deadly Submarine

pedro267 (IP Logged)
26 June, 2008 10:04
Gives ronnie a chance to bring in youngsters and to blood them in the team then he wouldnt have to spend just a thought as most of you seem to think we get funds by selling players we should spend it lets bring on the youngsters probably show more fight and commitment which has been missing last season

Mikey (IP Logged)
26 June, 2008 11:06
Even if we can only replace him with a poorer player - its better than spending more than we have.

At the end of the day the most important thing above anything is that we still have a club to support.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

26 June, 2008 12:47
Spot on Mikey!

Deadly Submarine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net