Latest news:

TRFC End 2019/20 Season Position
Discussion started by LongStandingFan (IP Logged), 18 July, 2019 23:42
LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
18 July, 2019 23:42
I saw today that Tranmere have been predicted to finish 16th in League 1 for the 2019/20 season with Bolton and Bury in the basement of the league.
Considering the amazing last few seasons TRFC have had, who thinks this prediction is close, and would you be happy with 16th ?

Durban Super White
Durban Super White
19 July, 2019 06:37
11th in my book.

Zint
Zint
19 July, 2019 07:10
12th

goosed
goosed
19 July, 2019 09:20
14th

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
19 July, 2019 09:23
I will be happy with mid table mediocrity till we get our bearings. But you never know.

paulbyron
paulbyron
19 July, 2019 09:52
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
I will be happy with mid table mediocrity till we get our bearings. But you never know.
I said the same about last season and look at how that finished so as you say tom you never know

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
19 July, 2019 10:17
Very much doubt we'll be in the promotion mix and am confident we won't go back down.

I'll be happy if we keep progressing as a club and if our rebuilt team quickly gels then steadily grows into this league. Whether that takes us to, say, 8th or 18th by next May is secondary for me - just looking forward to the challenge.

Loads of great fixtures coming up so bring it on.

the baldy one
the baldy one
19 July, 2019 10:21
one very big advantage we have is that both Bolton wanderers and bury start on -12 points. it means if we win our first 2 games and both Bolton and bury lose their first 2 we are already a massive 18 points ahead of both of them. with 4 clubs going down I would say both Bolton and bury are gone so that just leaves 2 spaces to fill. I would say we will finish approx. 12th - 16th. the surprise team of league one could be Lincoln city. with the brothers cowley still in place - they could end up in the play offs.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
19 July, 2019 11:23
About 14th I think .would not bet on Lincoln not getting to at least play offs

coltran
coltran
19 July, 2019 12:29
Mid-table for me say 15th.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
19 July, 2019 12:37
Id take 16th right now! Somewhere around lower mid table id be happy with but delighted with higher

DevonExile
DevonExile
19 July, 2019 13:43
16th would do for me. I am not confident about the quality of the squad at this stage so safety and further time for consolidation would be a good outcome

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
19 July, 2019 15:08
Difficult to judge without seeing the new players and how they h
gel ax a team.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
19 July, 2019 23:55
In reference to my original post, I think 16th would be an achievement in our first season back in League 1 , but I wonder whether, after having 3 strong seasons in a row, and back to back promotions, that as TRFC supporters there is a possibility that we might get a little frustrated if we start losing a number of games? It's likely to happen but we must stay realistic. Staying up is the priority and building the team must be the plan. Good luck to the lads for the new season...!!!!....and thanks for ALL your responses to my post.

Kentexile
Kentexile
21 July, 2019 09:02
Top 16 would be excellent for me, as long as we keep building and moving forward

the kav
the kav
21 July, 2019 09:42
Looks like I'm gonna be working intermittent Saturdays so my games are reduced this season... hopefully my overdraft will fall in proportion. Said 18th last year... totally wrong but very lucky for us so here goes... ooooooooooooooo 18th

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
21 July, 2019 10:42
15 position hopefully.

jal jal
jal jal
21 July, 2019 14:27
Hi Fifty & BaldyOne
Myself I would be happy if City finish in the top half of the league, there is possibly quite a few teams who are better attended and have better finances than both our teams in this league.
Being stable for the first season and then pushing on for the next season, I would be happy with.

MoanerLesser
BoredWithFicklePosters-Goodbye
21 July, 2019 17:43
not relegated....

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
21 July, 2019 20:33
i going for 13th

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Uglybob
Uglybob
21 July, 2019 22:10
I honestly think we'll finish ( at least ) top 10 . If we can string together a good run of 7 , 8 or 9 games it's not beyond the realms of impossibly to reach play offs . I have faith .

kennyspint
kennyspint
21 July, 2019 22:32
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Fifty & BaldyOne
Myself I would be happy if City finish in the top half of the league, there is possibly quite a few teams who are better attended and have better finances than both our teams in this league.
Being stable for the first season and then pushing on for the next season, I would be happy with.
#Hi Jal Jal if TRFC and LCFC are both in League One next season I think we'll be happy. Any thing more a bonus. Just like last season really. At best we can't be in VNL next season.

AndyMase
AndyMase
22 July, 2019 10:51
Quote:
Uglybob
I honestly think we'll finish ( at least ) top 10 . If we can string together a good run of 7 , 8 or 9 games it's not beyond the realms of impossibly to reach play offs . I have faith .
Blind faith! Like it
Mid table though sounds about right

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
22 July, 2019 12:43
Fortress Prenton..Good home form is always very important and more so this season I reckon..our home form last season was very decent but our away form not so good..even though we got promoted, we only finished in 13th place in the end of season away results table standings..Generally, Rovers have never been great on their travels ( and when talking about Rovers history on the road, i am not including the 3 years we had down in the inferno.) Good home form really important this coming season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2019 13:23 by hong kong rover.

Steve45
Steve45
22 July, 2019 12:55
If we get Rusian Hepburn from Villa who comes with good reviews, It could well be another trip to Wembley. 3 in a row.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.