football
Latest News:

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan (IP Logged)

Jay Harris
11 July, 2019 21:23
I believe Jay Harris is still a free agent (according to WIKI). Anyone think that TRFC should try to have talks with him, even at this late stage, to try and tempt him back and in doing so give more bite to our midfield ?

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

Re: Jay Harris
11 July, 2019 21:27
I completely agree- jay harris is a cracking player- maybe if we get him back we would have our own chopper harris in midfield.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

11 July, 2019 21:29
He didn't leave and didnt want to go we released him, he's not good enough for Lg1. Time to move on

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

11 July, 2019 23:25
Let’s get a petition to get him back ,a really good squad player no worse than what we have ,

LongStandingFan

11 July, 2019 23:30
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Let’s get a petition to get him back ,a really good squad player no worse than what we have ,

Not many of our team are really proven at L1 level, so I think Jay Harris would still be worth having in the squad.

Heswall Boy
Heswall Boy (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 00:41
+1

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 09:33
While bringing him back as a squad player sounds good to us, is it really fair to him? He will get a club I'm sure and will want to play rather than get the odd game at this stage of his career. Or I would anyway.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 09:45
Wonder if there are any other players released by clubs promoted from L2 who still haven't got a club - we could take some of them too. Imagine the reaction on here...

Move on folks.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 10:57
At his age , wouldn’t he want regular first team football ?? He wouldn’t get that with us in L1

Theinsiderboy
Theinsiderboy (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 12:18
B

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 12:30 by Theinsiderboy.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 12:26
Need to move on.

And if his mates keep coming on here to drive a wedge between club and fans (before again deleting what they've said) they'll end up on a loser, and certainly won't be doing the player any favours.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 14:29
By mates you mean some random person who thinks they know the insides of everything just because they made it their name on a supporter forum?

Imagine if a club rep actually did that...

LongStandingFan

12 July, 2019 15:17
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Need to move on.
And if his mates keep coming on here to drive a wedge between club and fans (before again deleting what they've said) they'll end up on a loser, and certainly won't be doing the player any favours.

I asked the original question on the basis that he was a very loyal and hardworking player for the club, not as a mate. Never met the guy. But MP's comments about him after he departed from the club seemed as though Palios thought well of Harris. As we haven't started the season yet, who knows what or who we might need going forward. Time will tell.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 16:27
Yes, Harris leaves with a glowing reputation and, unless anything changes, he'll always be fondly remembered. But the decision has been made and I can't see any going back on that - it's a big decision, possibly a contentious decision, but MM is paid to do what he believes is best for the club and he'll stand or fall by his decisions. He's done alright so far and I don't see this one being his undoing, but only time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 16:55 by Aldo'smuzzy.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 16:56
Maybe he can train with the club till he gets a new club
Then a freeview to showcase talents and if MM opinion was changed then......

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 17:14
I would have had no problem with him staying but equally I can see why the decision was made. I am far more concerned about whether our new signings meet the bill than looking to bring others back

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 17:57
Whats the obsession with this lad, he was a half decent player at NL, made some rash decisions and tackles at poor times for baffling reasons. Loyalty doesn't make a player otherwise theres probably about 4200 season tickets we should sign up

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 20:05
Quote:
Bored rover
he's not good enough for Lg1. Time to move on

Muy understanding was he wss offered a contract and then it was withdrawn because he stalled on signing.

As for the idea he's not good enough for league 1, he's never played in league 1, so that's an unproven assertion. The counter-assertion would be if he was good enough he would have played in it before the age of 32, but then players like Rickie Lambert and Jamie Vardy weren't Premier league players before the age of 25 and there would have been an argument to say they never would be but they did.

Harris by and large gave a lot to the team, excluding his moments of rashness, so hopefully he gets sorted out.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2019 20:27 by Matt34.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 00:08
Jay Harris thank you for your efforts. If you come back - welcome. If you get a new contract with another team good luck.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 00:14
You are welcome back as far as I am concerned.SWA

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 06:01
Hope he gets an offer from someone like Lowe down in Plymouth. He gives everything and at the end of the day he’s not a bad player. I can’t believe he hasn’t been snapped up yet. Even someone like Mac town must be interested.

13 July, 2019 13:58
I think MP and Jay are on good terms - anyone else see MP mouth "f**kin ell" at Jay slightly before a bear hug as the team went up the steps to get their winners' medals?

However, Jay could make some rash tackles, and I thought he struggled at times last season against the better sides. If he's going he's going. Let's think about the players who ARE going to be in the squad rather than the 'might have beens'

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 14:52
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

A positive endorsement or what!?

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 16:29
That’s me Eric01 ,we’ll known on this Forum for my positivity 😉,Legendary

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 17:21
Would Wrexham have him back or does he still hate them

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 21:40
Wrexham fans begging their manager to sign him

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 22:44
I heard he could very well end up joining 3 other ex Tranmere players up the north west coast.

LongStandingFan

14 July, 2019 00:50
Quote:
jim rockford
I heard he could very well end up joining 3 other ex Tranmere players up the north west coast.

That's interesting. Morecambe played Bamber Bridge in a friendly yesterday and won 2-0 with Cole Stockton scoring both goals and Sutton and Buxton in defence. Harris would be a really good capture for them.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 08:38
They should build a big hamster wheel outside the ground linked up to a dynamo generator and have Harris power the Stadium.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 08:52
Quote:
TranmereFan
They should build a big hamster wheel outside the ground linked up to a dynamo generator and have Harris power the Stadium.

(Sm78) Genius! Dale Vince will be brimming with excitement with that idea and will need to change his bamboo trousers! That's it then.........Jay's off to Forest Green!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net