football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Latest Loan signing coming in? Jordan Ponticelli
10 July, 2019 15:56
One being put about is 20 year old Jordan Ponticelli who plays for Coventry but was last on loan with Macclesfield. He has played 24 times for Coventry and 3 times for Macclesfield scoring three goals over two seasons.
Joined Macclesfield in August 18 till Jan 19 when it was terminated.

He may be joining on loan I suppose as Norwoods replacement not really pushing the boat out here if this comes off.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Latest Loan signing coming in? Jordan Ponticelli
10 July, 2019 17:09
Not may be signing but has signed till January 20,not sure of this got to give him a chance but not really filling Norwood's boots with this high profile signing most likely the best we can do money wise frugal comes to mind.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:11
Not really impressed with this signing

pez
pez (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:19
He's not really been given much of a chance looking at his stats.

Even at Macclesfield he wasnt a regular starter.

Be interesting to see if he's just been brought in as cover.
Can't see him being picked over any of our current striker options tbf.

MoanerLesser
onetwothreeoleary (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:23
Just seen it is on twitter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 17:36 by FredUrmson107in333.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:31
This is a desprate signing this why on loan ??

MoanerLesser

10 July, 2019 17:32
Quote:
trfc-boi
Not really impressed with this signing

Never seen him play so have no opinion until I do. And I suppose the management team know what they are doing. Just seen the Twitter confitmation

MoanerLesser

10 July, 2019 17:34
Quote:
goosed

Nice to have your negativity back. Please enlighten us as to your rationale. How many games have you seen him play?

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:36
On the official site Fred. Season long loan deal! Did we really need another striker unless it was a proven goal scorer, which is very unlikely to happen! As has been said can't see him being at or near the top of the pecking order! Strange one this as we could always pick a loan player of this standard up any time. Having said that though I'm not the manager and in Mickey I trust.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:46
Good signing, young has played some games at this level, someone Micky obviously sees as adding something to the group he doesn't already have up front and probably with a view to a permanent move if successful. Some never happy, if Nors was under contract he would have been best part of a million quid to Ipswich, when have we ever signed anything in that range oh yeah never.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:52
Rated VERY highly by Coventry fans seeing comments on Twitter. Shame about some of our “fans” posts.

But agree a proven goal scorer to replace Norwood is the dream but is prob unrealistic.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 17:58
Feels like we missed first target and got backup plan, that being said need to give the lad a chance

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 18:06
Looks like we need to give the lad a chance. Maybe our next chance too realistically bring in another striker would be the Jan window, but until then lets give this lad, and all the team some support. This season is not going to be easy, but the "12th Man" effect might make a difference. And if we can do reasonably well up until January, it might open the door for another more well known striker to come in on loan.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 18:09
Bit puzzled as to if he is as good as coventry fans make out, why they will allow him to go to a divisional rival? Guess we’ll soon see

MoanerLesser

10 July, 2019 18:57
Quote:
goosed
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
goosed

Nice to have your negativity back. Please enlighten us as to your rationale. How many games have you seen him play?
Awww did u miss me .....i will say what i want in here got a problem come meet me kno bbb

And there we have it..... Maturity.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 19:20
Quote:
goosed
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
goosed

Awww did u miss me .....i will say what i want in here got a problem come meet me kno bbb
we missed you like toothache....

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 19:40
We aren't sunderland , Ipswich we are a smaller team in this division, it has changed alot since last here , we cant and wont compete with anyone near the top 10 finance wise .
We need to aim at staying up , we have been bit spoilt last couple years but need to face reality now.

Support the team not go back to the days of the boo boys and on the teams back.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 19:42
Anyone remember our last striker born in Nuneaton ? Let's give him a chance eh

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 19:50
Can’t comment ,never heard of him ,just give him a chance ,welcome back to Goosed his eloquence and charm, witty quips have been sadly missed like the Black Death

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 20:10
Just seems a very bizarre transfer. Firstly for Coventry to send a so called (according to lots of their fans) amazing prospect to a divisional rival. But lets say he hits it off, what then? We have basically got a player fit and in form for a divisional rival to send back to them after six months. Id have thought some guarantees about playing time have also been made as why send then to us to sit on the bench cos we have no reserves. He can do that and stay at home by playing (or not) for Coventry or get game time at a lower division. All very strange

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 20:22 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 21:04
Says season long loan deal on the main site not six months!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 21:07
Agree it is a very difficult one to understand except that we may not have to pay much in the way of wages,
I would be delighted but surprised if this was not just one of those signings that ends up contributing little if anything to the club.
It was always going to be hard to replace Norwood but what we have so far is
1 A rookie with an outside chance of making a short term impact
2 A plsyer that has been universally reviled at his past club
3. A player that has spent more time on the treatment table than on the field over the last 3 seasons
4 A Player that was never quite good enough at Swindon or here to command a regular place but who may or may not,with time rise to the challenge od Division 1

It is this part of the team that looks least equipped for Div 1

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 21:10
Quote:
sparky100
Says season long loan deal on the main site not six months!

Does it? The offical site where the first report is saying he has signed on loan says till January 2020? The official twitter announcement is also for six months. Guess they need to make their minds up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 21:18 by Uptonrover.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

10 July, 2019 21:44
Coventry site says it's "initially" until Jan 1st. Suggests some kind of option in there. (I remember there was similar confusion over the length of the deal when we sent Alabi to Dover).

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

11 July, 2019 14:26
This lad didn't play much when on loan at Macc
because of a broken bone in his foot now fit
hopefully can help us out for the time he is here.
Apparently wants to show what he can do.

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

11 July, 2019 15:52
Well as far as I am concerned. He is now a tranmere player and he will get my support .never seen him play never realy heard of him before now but mm knows what he is doing and if he thinks he adds something to the team then that's good enough for me .so as said to all tje new players that arrive at our club .welcome to tranmere rovers give us your full comment and 100% effort and enjoy your time here

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

11 July, 2019 23:22
Im fairly sure Norwood wasnt a proven goalscorer when we signed him, so lets give players a chance to show us what they can do

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 00:58
I get all of that and yes let's support him but it is a bit sad when we are back in L1 to understand that our financial situation is that the best we can do having lost Nors is take on fellow L1 team's cast offs on loan....

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 17:22
Quote:
AndyMase
Im fairly sure Norwood wasnt a proven goalscorer when we signed him, so lets give players a chance to show us what they can do
He played mainly on the wing but still scored 30 goals in 90 games so he came with a pretty good strike rate

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 17:35
This lad needs to go on the same programme that Micky put Norse on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net