football
Latest News:

Oxtonexile
Oxtonexile (IP Logged)

Am I sad?
14 June, 2019 21:25
I don’t get up to the Wirral as much as I would like (although a season ticket holder next season despite living in Salisbury) but came up today to visit family. My question is does it make me a saddo as I had a bit of spare time and drove round PP, parked at the Clipper (yes I know it’s changed name), had a pint looking at the JK quotes, looked at the 2 in a row poster behind the Cowshed and had a little sniff to myself?

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Am I sad?
14 June, 2019 21:30
No. You are NOT a saddo. That long standing loyalty counts.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 22:14
We need some excitement in the transfer market......well done trfc for gettin back to league1 ....sorry anyone my dad has recently passed away

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 23:29
Sorry to hear that goosed.

Re Oxton: you’re not sad at all, and hopefully you’ll be able to make a few of those games next season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2019 23:30 by rossb07.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 23:35
Condolences goosed.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 23:41
Oxtonexile, I love that deep-rooted emotional attachment and commitment from those who live further afield and that goes out to all you exiles out there (sounds like a quote from the peaceful hour on a late night radio show!).

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 08:07
First my condolences to Goosed always sad to loose loved ones. Oxtonexile its part of what we are emotions, hope you enjoyed your Prenton gander.

Keep the Faith

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 08:39
No not sad just a true tranmere fan I used to live in London now hyde and I many times stand and look at how our ground looks now the statue the posters tje club shop the big tent lol and other parts of the area change and got some lovely memory's of great times at prenton park .to me it's prenton park it's tranmere rovers it's the fans the atmosphere it gets to us all .so to all of us who have our moments we are not sad we are all true great fans .this club is a one off its fans are a one off we are tranmere rovers and we are proud

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 11:09
I could quite happily sit a few hours in the KOP with no body else there and sift through a few memories. Bit of time travel back to the sixties standing on the open KOP terrace watching the Whites run out from the corner.To feeling the new KOP physically bounce when the fourth goal went in against Southampton.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 11:14
Not a saddo Oxton exile just a true fan.we all have our memories and tranmere in our veins.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 12:11
I never enter the ground without recalling the old corrugated iron fencing of the 50s. The open kop end and the old news and advertising scoreboard,the cinder and clinker at the top of the Town end and the old wooden stand together with being able to walk from one end of the ground to the others.The smell of lineaments oil ad players entered from the kop end corner flag.For exiles being near the ground has an aura of pilgrimage remembering those we worshipped in the past.
From time to time there have been periods when there has been talk of moving the ground.If that came about one of the prices paid would be the loss of that tangible sense of both renewal and recall that is generated by a return to a spiritual home

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 12:55
Thank you everyone

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 17:38
Quote:
goosed
We need some excitement in the transfer market......well done trfc for gettin back to league1 ....sor
ry anyone my dad has recently passed away
Sorry to hear that goosed, condolence SWA

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 17:50
Sorry to hear about your Dad Goosed.

Oxtonexile
Oxtonexile (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 17:52
Thanks everyone- I think my wife would disagree! By way of update I went to the shop this morning and got a promotion mug, a pen and a ruler - I’m 51 for Gods sake!

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

15 June, 2019 18:34
Tough one goosed
Sorry to hear

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 June, 2019 01:08
Just got the tunnel bus half pixxd and couldn't help singing "we are the rovers we are the rovers cross the waters blue and red but we're the pride of Birkenhead we are the rovers .got mixed applause .who can remember it over the tannoy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net