Latest news:

tranmere rovers squad rebuilding for season 2019-2020
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 11 June, 2019 11:38
the baldy one
the baldy one
11 June, 2019 11:38
now that james Norwood has signed for Ipswich town it will be very interesting to see in the next 2 months or so before the season starts who else we lose and what players we sign. since we won at Wembley a few weeks ago I have read so many stories online about all these players we are going to sign. all I know is that we know need at least 1 striker who can score goals at this level consistently and 1 as cover. I trust mark palios and micky to get the correct players in so we will just have to wait and see. whatever happens I still do not think we will get relegated next season.

gary anderson
gary anderson
11 June, 2019 16:02
Mm and mp will have known for ages Norwood more than likely going so would have put plans into action to build a team capable of doing well in league one have faith in these guys there doing a great job in mm we trust

DevonExile
DevonExile
11 June, 2019 17:12
We do not necessarily need to make a like for like replacement for Norwood.He has been a prolific scorer,as was Cook. With both now gone the issue is more where will the goals come from. Many clubs do not have a prolific striker but they have a significant contribution from a range of players. The current squad does not really provide that but my point is that replacing goals is not necessarily just about finding a striker.
So much of our game last year was set up around exploiting the pace of Norwood and his loss had some big implications.
If more of the marginal players than those announced are released then then MM has more scope to restructure to meet changing needs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.