Latest news:

james norwood - a tribute
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 11 June, 2019 06:36
the baldy one
the baldy one
11 June, 2019 06:36
just been made official late last night. he has signed a 3 year contract with Ipswich town with an option for another year. if any Tranmere rovers fans go on to the official club twitter pages james Norwood has printed a very long message to the club and fans etc saying how much he loves the club and the fans and one day he wants to come back wearing the white shirt etc. he said in his message that both his parents are now retired and he wanted to move back down south to be near to them. on the twitter pages there is also a very long message from mark palios paying tribute to james Norwood. my tribute is this - I started to watch Tranmere in approx. 1981- in that time millions of players have played for us but I would put james Norwood in my top 10 favourite players. he played 4 full seasons - he got 92 goals which puts him in 8th place in Tranmere rovers all time top goalscorers list. he scored a winning goal at Wembley - what more can you say. an all time Tranmere rovers legend. good luck for the future - and hopefully one day we will see you back in the white shirt.

the baldy one
the baldy one
11 June, 2019 06:55
just watched an interview online with james Norwood sitting in his Ipswich town tracksuit saying how he wants to take Ipswich town to the premier league etc. he then holds up an Ipswich town home shirt with Norwood on the back - just watching that seems unreal - he will always be a Tranmere rovers legend.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 June, 2019 08:06
So baldy the difference between him and cook - explain? Both left at end of contract

the baldy one
the baldy one
11 June, 2019 08:30
uptonrover - let me be honest - everyone on here knows that since andy cook left Tranmere rovers I have slagged him off quite a few times. but from my point of view and do not forget every single Tranmere fan is entitled to their own views - james Norwood comes across as someone who really cared about Tranmere rovers but andy cook did not. plus and this is a big plus - james Norwood left a big message to the fans on the official club website saying how sad he was to leave and how much he loves the fans etc- andy cook did not. basically both players had very different personalities towards Tranmere rovers. also in the cold light of day - Ipswich town are a bigger team than Tranmere rovers - Walsall are not. signing for Walsall fc was the worst thing andy cook could of done- it blew up in his face. so in my view - james Norwood will always be welcome back.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 June, 2019 08:58
Fair enough just wondered.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 June, 2019 09:07
There was a young lad called Nors,
That we signed because he scores,
Now he's hit the trail,
But at Ipswich he'll fail,
So it's back to the club he adores.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 09:25 by hong kong rover.

Bored rover
Bored rover
11 June, 2019 10:10
We where far to reliant on him last season and whilst 29 goals in one player is hard to replace it only equates to 10 from 3. He was a hard working player but much of that came from Micky, we wont miss him to much and Miller will be a more than adequate replacement, i would be surprised if Nors nets 30 next term.

warren r
Wozza
11 June, 2019 10:20
All going to say is thanks nors for being part of a team that made us supporters fall in love with Tranmere again he’s left on good terms if he’s getting 8k (supporter speculation) good luck except against us lol now let’s move on now please 🙏

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 June, 2019 10:21
Just one good season at league 2 level under his belt. Whats the chances of him being a one season wonder that just hit it off with his team mates. Ipswitch could have blown the cash for nothing. But then again...

DevonExile
DevonExile
11 June, 2019 19:24
Quote:
Bored rover
We where far to reliant on him last season and whilst 29 goals in one player is hard to replace it only equates to 10 from 3. He was a hard working player but much of that came from Micky, we wont miss him to much and Miller will be a more than adequate replacement, i would be surprised if Nors nets 30 next term.
How can you possibly assume that Miller will be an adequate replacement. Over the last 3 years he has been out with injuries far more times than he has been available. In contrast Norwood has been resilient provided pace,energy and a commitment that was inspirational.
There is just no comparison between the two and even at his fittest Miller was never a prolific scorer.

Bored rover
Bored rover
11 June, 2019 20:14
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
Bored rover
How can you possibly assume that Miller will be an adequate replacement. Over the last 3 years he has been out with injuries far more times than he has been available. In contrast Norwood has been resilient provided pace,energy and a commitment that was inspirational.
There is just no comparison between the two and even at his fittest Miller was never a prolific scorer.

Because Miller is proven at the highest level as a goalscorer and on the same token no saying Nors will make double figures next season either in games or goals.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 June, 2019 20:16
Id be perfectly happy with Miller. You could see the Premier league quality in him in the couple of games he played. He was a fraction of a second ahead of everybody in his head

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 20:17 by Uptonrover.

DevonExile
DevonExile
12 June, 2019 21:08
Quote:
Uptonrover
Id be perfectly happy with Miller. You could see the Premier league quality in him in the couple of games he played. He was a fraction of a second ahead of everybody in his head
My reservations are not about his ability it is his durability that is in doubt What reason is there to think that he will be more durable than the last three years. Two games in here and he was back where he has spent most time on the injury table.We cannot afford another Wallace situation

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
12 June, 2019 21:29
Perhaps he was unlucky here. A hamstring injury (all be it very severe) is quite common with players that have not had much action. Maybe a contract till xmas to prove his fitness although that does have the danger of losing him if he is regular scorer

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
23 June, 2019 17:06
I have been taking a look at Ipswich's pre-season fixtures and from what I can see, all of their pre-season games are away from home with 2 of them in Germany..Nors first game at Portman Road might not be till their first home game of the season vs Sunderland, that will be a big home debut for him.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
07 July, 2019 15:56
I know that he has gone now and we have to move on but I noticed that he didn't feature at all in Ipswich's first pre season game in Germany vs Paderborn and Lambert completely changed his side around at half time too..i believe he flew out with the squad to Germany. btw, he has had his head shaved too, looks a right skinhead.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
07 July, 2019 16:05
Had hair transplant I believe

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
07 July, 2019 16:16
Because we were involved with the play offs it could be Norse is a week or so behind the others at Ipswich. It could be they are getting him up to speed for this week coming. Just saying.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
07 July, 2019 16:38
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
Because we were involved with the play offs it could be Norse is a week or so behind the others at Ipswich. It could be they are getting him up to speed for this week coming. Just saying.

yes, that's quite possible...on to another striker, Billy Kee at Accrington, not sure if there is anything in this, but he hasn't reported in for pre season training and the club have issued a statement that its for 'personal reasons..' there is probably nothing in this at all but it might start fuelling a few rumours...Would Rovers fans like him at Prenton?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
07 July, 2019 20:22
Quote:
Tom Bombadil

Lambert said he gave him a bit more of a rest because of his involvement with us in the play off final.

MoanerLesser
HoHum
08 July, 2019 12:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
I know that he has gone now and we have to move on but I noticed that he didn't feature at all in Ipswich's first pre season game in Germany vs Paderborn and Lambert completely changed his side around at half time too..i believe he flew out with the squad to Germany. btw, he has had his head shaved too, looks a right skinhead.

No longer looks like Kenny Everett then?

Cybertron
Cybertron
08 July, 2019 13:14
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
hong kong rover

Probably got shaved as part of a hair-transplant procedure....

MoanerLesser
HoHum
08 July, 2019 19:43
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
hong kong rover

Probably got shaved as part of a hair-transplant procedure....

or moving after four years was a hair raising experience

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
08 July, 2019 20:19
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember Nors being out injured in his four years with us. Suspended but not injured.
If the hair transplant fails I can direct him to Party365.com who have a good selection of wigs to choose from. Take a look.

Cybertron
Cybertron
08 July, 2019 22:11
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember Nors being out injured in his four years with us. Suspended but not injured.
If the hair transplant fails I can direct him to Party365.com who have a good selection of wigs to choose from. Take a look.
Didn't he miss some early games in his first season injured?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
16 July, 2019 17:26
See that Nors scored the solitary Ipswich goal last Saturday vs Fortuna Dusseldorf in a pre-season game over in Germany, Ipswich lost 1-4.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
16 July, 2019 18:39
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Prenton Pirate

Was it Cook that had the hand injury when a trainee dropped a weight on Cook's hand in training or was it Norwood? these old grey cells of mine just can't seem to recall which player it was.(Sm26)

warren r
Wozza
16 July, 2019 18:41
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Prenton Pirate

Was it Cook that had the hand injury when a trainee dropped a weight on Cook's hand in training or was it Norwood? these old grey cells of mine just can't se em to recall which player it was.(Sm26)
it was definitely cook

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
16 July, 2019 19:10
Can't remember if Norwood missed any league games in that first season but he definitely missed most, if not all, of pre-season with injury - knee, I think. He looked sluggish and a bit overweight in that first game against Woking and was hooked after an hour, replaced by Mekki!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/07/2019 19:11 by Aldo'smuzzy.

martyd12
martyd12
17 July, 2019 09:45
I see he has already scored for Ipswich albeit in a 3-1 defeat!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 July, 2019 10:21
Quote:
martyd12
I see he has already scored for Ipswich albeit in a 3-1 defeat!

It was a 4-1 defeat and it wasnt a 90 min game..the duration of their game vs Fortuna Dusseldorf was only 45 mins.

the baldy one
the baldy one
17 July, 2019 10:40
there is one crazy fact about james Norwood - even though he scored 93 goals for us he never scored a hatrick. most strikers score at least 1 but not james Norwood.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 July, 2019 17:49
Quote:
the baldy one
there is one crazy fact about james Norwood - even though he scored 93 goals for us he never scored a hatrick. most strikers score at least 1 but not james Norwood.

thks for that Baldy, I didn't realise that he hadn't scored a hat trick for us, and its hard to think that he didn't find the net in the 9-0 mauling of Solihull Moors..his goal away at Woking was a fantastic individual goal and that was on the same night that Ricky Miller scored that truly amazing team goal for Dover away at Chester, it was pure Barcelonaesque that Dover goal..

the baldy one
the baldy one
17 July, 2019 17:54
hong kong rover - yes that Solihull moors game 9-0 if you think about it as you say james Norwood did not score but the striker that took loads of stick cole Stockton did score a hattrick and missed a penalty- crazy.

ADD
ADD
19 July, 2019 21:02
You just have to laugh.... Norwood scores a hattrick for Ipswich against Colchester tonight!!!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 July, 2019 22:01
Quote:
ADD
You just have to laugh.... Norwood scores a hattrick for Ipswich against Colchester tonight!!!!

4 years with the Rovers and no hat tricks, only his 2nd outing in an Ipswich shirt and he bangs in 3 goals, it must be that skinhead haircut he's had, lol.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 July, 2019 22:25
These are the headlines that we sure DO NOT want to see when we play Ipswich...' Norwood bites the hand that used to feed him.'

MoanerLesser
HoHum
19 July, 2019 22:29
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
ADD

4 years with the Rovers and no hat tricks, only his 2nd outing in an Ipswich shirt and he bangs in 3 goals, it must be that skinhead haircut he's had, lol.

given that tranmere only scored more than 2 in 5 games in the league last season, and Norwood missed one of those games, and scored one or two in the others, the team set up wasn't geared for hat tricks.... so 41 games with 2 or fewer goals. haven't looked through the previous years.

warren r
Wozza
19 July, 2019 23:30
Can we move on from nors once he’s finished his career then we can carry on going b**** d***

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
19 July, 2019 23:46
Agree ,the king is dead ,long live the king .he has gone ,that’s what he wanted ,so goodbye and good luck to him .don't know were we would be if we hadn’t had him here ,but time to move on ,just hope he gets a bad bout of the flu or something when we play Ipswich

warren r
Wozza
20 July, 2019 00:09
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Agree ,the king is dead ,long live the king .he has gone ,that’s what he wanted ,so goodbye and good luck to him .don't know were we would be if we hadn’t had him here ,but time to move on ,just hope he gets a bad bout of the flu or something when we play Ipswich
👆

Man in the Midlands
Man in the Midlands
20 July, 2019 08:50
Nors hat trick against Colchester last night

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.