football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

james norwood - a tribute
11 June, 2019 06:36
just been made official late last night. he has signed a 3 year contract with Ipswich town with an option for another year. if any Tranmere rovers fans go on to the official club twitter pages james Norwood has printed a very long message to the club and fans etc saying how much he loves the club and the fans and one day he wants to come back wearing the white shirt etc. he said in his message that both his parents are now retired and he wanted to move back down south to be near to them. on the twitter pages there is also a very long message from mark palios paying tribute to james Norwood. my tribute is this - I started to watch Tranmere in approx. 1981- in that time millions of players have played for us but I would put james Norwood in my top 10 favourite players. he played 4 full seasons - he got 92 goals which puts him in 8th place in Tranmere rovers all time top goalscorers list. he scored a winning goal at Wembley - what more can you say. an all time Tranmere rovers legend. good luck for the future - and hopefully one day we will see you back in the white shirt.

the baldy one

Re: james norwood - a tribute
11 June, 2019 06:55
just watched an interview online with james Norwood sitting in his Ipswich town tracksuit saying how he wants to take Ipswich town to the premier league etc. he then holds up an Ipswich town home shirt with Norwood on the back - just watching that seems unreal - he will always be a Tranmere rovers legend.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 08:06
So baldy the difference between him and cook - explain? Both left at end of contract

the baldy one

11 June, 2019 08:30
uptonrover - let me be honest - everyone on here knows that since andy cook left Tranmere rovers I have slagged him off quite a few times. but from my point of view and do not forget every single Tranmere fan is entitled to their own views - james Norwood comes across as someone who really cared about Tranmere rovers but andy cook did not. plus and this is a big plus - james Norwood left a big message to the fans on the official club website saying how sad he was to leave and how much he loves the fans etc- andy cook did not. basically both players had very different personalities towards Tranmere rovers. also in the cold light of day - Ipswich town are a bigger team than Tranmere rovers - Walsall are not. signing for Walsall fc was the worst thing andy cook could of done- it blew up in his face. so in my view - james Norwood will always be welcome back.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 08:58
Fair enough just wondered.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 09:07
There was a young lad called Nors,
That we signed because he scores,
Now he's hit the trail,
But at Ipswich he'll fail,
So it's back to the club he adores.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 09:25 by hong kong rover.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 10:10
We where far to reliant on him last season and whilst 29 goals in one player is hard to replace it only equates to 10 from 3. He was a hard working player but much of that came from Micky, we wont miss him to much and Miller will be a more than adequate replacement, i would be surprised if Nors nets 30 next term.

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 10:20
All going to say is thanks nors for being part of a team that made us supporters fall in love with Tranmere again he’s left on good terms if he’s getting 8k (supporter speculation) good luck except against us lol now let’s move on now please 🙏

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 10:21
Just one good season at league 2 level under his belt. Whats the chances of him being a one season wonder that just hit it off with his team mates. Ipswitch could have blown the cash for nothing. But then again...

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 19:24
Quote:
Bored rover
We where far to reliant on him last season and whilst 29 goals in one player is hard to replace it only equates to 10 from 3. He was a hard working player but much of that came from Micky, we wont miss him to much and Miller will be a more than adequate replacement, i would be surprised if Nors nets 30 next term.
How can you possibly assume that Miller will be an adequate replacement. Over the last 3 years he has been out with injuries far more times than he has been available. In contrast Norwood has been resilient provided pace,energy and a commitment that was inspirational.
There is just no comparison between the two and even at his fittest Miller was never a prolific scorer.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 20:14
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
Bored rover
How can you possibly assume that Miller will be an adequate replacement. Over the last 3 years he has been out with injuries far more times than he has been available. In contrast Norwood has been resilient provided pace,energy and a commitment that was inspirational.
There is just no comparison between the two and even at his fittest Miller was never a prolific scorer.

Because Miller is proven at the highest level as a goalscorer and on the same token no saying Nors will make double figures next season either in games or goals.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

11 June, 2019 20:16
Id be perfectly happy with Miller. You could see the Premier league quality in him in the couple of games he played. He was a fraction of a second ahead of everybody in his head

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 20:17 by Uptonrover.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

12 June, 2019 21:08
Quote:
Uptonrover
Id be perfectly happy with Miller. You could see the Premier league quality in him in the couple of games he played. He was a fraction of a second ahead of everybody in his head
My reservations are not about his ability it is his durability that is in doubt What reason is there to think that he will be more durable than the last three years. Two games in here and he was back where he has spent most time on the injury table.We cannot afford another Wallace situation

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

12 June, 2019 21:29
Perhaps he was unlucky here. A hamstring injury (all be it very severe) is quite common with players that have not had much action. Maybe a contract till xmas to prove his fitness although that does have the danger of losing him if he is regular scorer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net