Latest news:

Newport v Tranmere - Match Thread
Discussion started by Rovers90 (IP Logged), 24 May, 2019 18:20
Rovers90
Rovers90
24 May, 2019 18:20
If you cannot make it tomorrow then post your thoughts throughout the day on here.

One final say, if your at Wembley let’s make ourselves heard from the very 1st minute, win or lose we’ve had a remarkable season. For the last time this season c’mon TRANMERE !

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
24 May, 2019 18:48
Quote:
Rovers90
If you cannot make it tomorrow then post your thoughts throughout the day on here.
One final say, if your at Wembley let’s make ourselves heard from the very 1st minute, win or lose we’ve had a remarkable season. For the last time this season c’mon TRANMERE !

will do rovers90, got my seat booked for this thread (Sm159)
Come on Rovers

Aussiepete
Aussiepete
24 May, 2019 21:27
Thankfully the game is on television for a change here in Sydney (beINSports2 for any Rovers fans over here). Would have loved to have been at Wembley again this year, but I least I get to see it 'live'. C'mon the Rovers.

Summerlander
Summerlander
25 May, 2019 02:01
I live 6000 miles away,but used to live on the Woodchurch. I've followed Rovers from afar all of these years, ever since I was 8 years old. I live, love and breathe Tranmere Rovers. Whenever I come "home" I watch them as much as I can. I follow them every time they play and familiarise myself with each team member's performance via the comments made on the Paddock forum. I've been in the 500 club since its inception. Today I'll be glued to the telly to watch my beloved team and I will be absolutely gutted if we don't win and not go up to League 1. I'm not ready to say "at least we've had a great season" or "may the best team win". I won't accept anything but a Tranmere win, best team or not.
I was there last May in the Sportsman's and was shattered to see Rides sent off in the first minute, but ended up screaming for joy at the final whistle along with everyone else packed tight in there that day. I want to feel that same excitement and elation today and refuse to accept any other result than a Rovers victory. Keep the faith and, as we go up, remember to give Walsall a wave as they pass us going down. 2 -0 Jennings and Perkins.

bheadlad
bheadlad
25 May, 2019 04:43
I agree with summerlander and couldn’t get the time off but we’re in it to win it. and beat Newport
I hope Nors gets a bagfull and think we are due a Tranmere way of winning without nail biting and hopefully kill the game early so the pints go down easier

DevonExile
DevonExile
25 May, 2019 06:58
We can win this and may win it. The arguments about not being ready are not convincing for these days at our level there is major squad reconstruction at the end of each season, so as ready now as any time.
Defeat,today,however,would not be failure or despair and so is quite different from this time last year

Import
Import
25 May, 2019 08:54
Best of luck for today.

MoanerLesser
GotBoredWithTheNegativity
25 May, 2019 10:11
Came across this. Benefit in financial terms (over league 2 finances) seems to be of the order of an extra £400k. Enough to have a man city player on loan for two to three weeks!
[www.express.co.uk]

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 10:15
Quote:
Import
Best of luck for today.

Thanks import

jal jal
jal jal
25 May, 2019 10:38
Best of luck from me also in the South of France.
Would like to see you next season in Div 1

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
25 May, 2019 13:19
Glorious day far.

Pubs full, tequila flowing. Wonderful

dnors
dnors
25 May, 2019 14:13
Sitting in the stadium having a massively overpriced but admittedly very nice beer, thinking 1-1 draw Tranmere win on penalties, nerves shot.

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
25 May, 2019 14:24
Tranmere shirt on in Michigan, USA. Come on boys! 2-1 rovers

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 15:28
Good chance there from Norwood, on another day that would of hit the back of the net...
Come on Rovers

dnors
dnors
25 May, 2019 15:49
Yes you aren't seeing things the referee is that bad, absolute shower of shite from him so far unbelievable

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
25 May, 2019 16:00
Quote:
Shaumbra
Good chance there from Norwood, on another day that would of hit the back of the net...
Come on Rovers

Yes good chance from Norwood but saved well by Day if he was to go off because of injury it good be for us but not so good for Newport no keeper on their bench.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:30
20 mins to go.. plus injury time, come on Rovers

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:33
Top class save from Scotty.... well done lad

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:39
Mcnulty coming on..... are you having a laugh(Sm102)

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
25 May, 2019 16:44
Oh god McNulty on why , he'll need a bike to keep up.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:45
What is Pringle doing.....2 Good chances he's had..... come on Rovers

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:49
Quote:
BELMONT
Oh god McNulty on why , he'll need a bike to keep up.
An inspired sub from Mellon (Sm22)
Mcnulty scores the winner lol

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 16:50
Newport down to ten men, can we get that goal .... come on Rovers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 21:20 by Shaumbra.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 17:27
6 mins to go. ...i can't take this anymore lol

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
25 May, 2019 17:35
Jennings yes park the bus now.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
25 May, 2019 17:37
What a time to give yes we've done it

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 17:38
Yyyyyeeeesssssss om f...ing God we did it .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 17:39 by Shaumbra.

jal jal
jal jal
25 May, 2019 17:42
Congratulations lads see you in Div 1

bheadlad
bheadlad
25 May, 2019 17:43
We’re Tranmere we’re mental we’re in division one

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 17:49
Division one here we come
...yessssss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 21:21 by Shaumbra.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge
25 May, 2019 17:52
I'm in tears ... tears of joy!!!

Absolutely superb!!!!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 17:55
[quote Gilbert's Fridge]I'm in tears ... tears of joy!!!

Absolutely superb!!!![/quote

Brilliant, get in there my son... not sure whether to laugh or cry mate

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
25 May, 2019 17:58
Amazing...when does pre season begin I cant wait!

MoanerLesser
25 May, 2019 18:06
Hong kon rover. ,,, What pub you going to , The Torch?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
25 May, 2019 18:16
Thought the McNulty sub was a great move personally. They were winning everything in our box at that point but Steeeeeve sorted it out.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
25 May, 2019 18:16
Newport manager says they were robbed. Deffo penno for them, Even though it was offside before the foul and their lad did a dying swan. He'll regret that one when he see's it. He had a full go at the ref. Understandable really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 19:32 by Tom Bombadil.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
25 May, 2019 18:20
Mellon pulls off another jaw dropping tactical sub that no one else in the ground would have went for

Jennings tears at the end broke me.

What a club.

What's wrong with being 3 up though? I do t know how many more of these I can do

Love to all.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
25 May, 2019 18:54
I think that Buxton came on with penno's in mind. Newport made a massive mistake when in the build up to the goal that they didn't realise Buxton is also quite a good footballer. His cut inside ended up with the Perkins Caprice combo for Connors goal.

Cheers Bukko.

warren r
Wozza
25 May, 2019 19:09
Get in mickey Mellon’s going for 3 in a row all hail mm mp & np thanks for giving us our club who’d have thought when we where relegated from league 1 we’d be back so quickly

jonesy792
jonesy792
25 May, 2019 19:54
Wow. To compare my emotions after Forest Green defeat at Wembley (I missed last year vs Borehamwood ) to this one today. Incredible.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
25 May, 2019 20:11
I thought MM had lost the plot fetching Macnulty on ,but he was brilliant took charge and issued orders .man of the match was Connor Jennings ,he is my favourite player does not always get the praise he deserves .what a day .the club ,players, fans credit to the club .really made up for Mark and Nicola

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
25 May, 2019 20:53
Quote:
BELMONT
What a time to give yes we've done it

I was going to type What a time to give away afree kick but the ref blew the whistle 😀

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 23:07 by BELMONT.

ming05
ming05
25 May, 2019 21:04
Goes to show why I am not a football manager, I was saucy through whole 2nd half connor needs to be subbed as was having bit of a stinker.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
25 May, 2019 21:18
Quote:
bumhobo33
Tranmere shirt on in Michigan, USA. Come on boys! 2-1 rovers

(Sm152)(Sm128)

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
25 May, 2019 21:32
Hands up who thought Steve would be brought on for a non injury induced sub. With the scores level?

Hands up if you could go though what Connor went through before the last two finals and still perform like that?

These boys and the manager are different class.

And the Palioses (Paliosi?) are too beautiful for words

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
25 May, 2019 22:04
Quote:
Wozza
who’d have thought when we where relegated from league 1 we’d be back so quickly

To be honest, I think many thought it would happen quicker, because I think many thought Tranmere in league 2 were a good enough sized club to assemble a promotion challenging squad and if Tranmere had actually bounced back from league 2 within 2 seasons, I don't think many would have done a double take at the reality of it.

Great season and result though and Norwood bollicking Perkins for not playing it stright though when he'd pinged it out wide, I think he might have possibly gone tonto in his face.

I admit though I agree with the Buxton sub, I think he was brought on to bolster up the penalty shootout if it went that far.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Cybertron
Cybertron
25 May, 2019 22:05
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I thought MM had lost the plot fetching Macnulty on ,but he was brilliant took charge and issued orders .man of the match was Connor Jennings ,he is my favourite player does not always get the praise he deserves .what a day .the club ,players, fans credit to the club .really made up for Mark and Nicola
I must admit that bringing on Steve did raise a few eyebrows around me, but it was an inspired substitution, and what was needed, Manny and Sid had done well, but it was evident that they needed just that touch of experience to steady things a little, it was a brave decision though, and why he is the manager and we are not. In Mickey we trust !

Aussiepete
Aussiepete
25 May, 2019 22:39
Yes! Yes! Yes! We did it division 1 here we come. What a nailbiter I couldn't go through too many games like that at my age. I have to strongly disagree with dnors though in regards to the referee. I thought he handled the game really well and another referee could easily have given them two penalties (Caprice handball and Manny's tackle in the box). Conner's goal couldn't have come at a better time, although the last few minutes were nerve wracking. Well done the lads and hopefully we might be over there for the first month of next season.

MoanerLesser
25 May, 2019 23:45
[twohundredpercent.net]

the author has put a lot of effort into this. i am impressed. includes a brief match report.

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 May, 2019 00:00
Micky won the game today his substitutions were absolutely brilliant he read the game like a book and changed the team accordingly, Steeeeve was a great change had there 11 in his pocket who bossed the aerial game til that point, Pringle gave us more on the ball although I was thinking Morris would be scarified for him and Buxtons cool head created that little bit of space in the corner!!!

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
26 May, 2019 00:07
Norwoods Instagram page is epic again.

All the players singing on the coach home.

They've changed the words of the jennings song. It now goes "we signed him from Wrexham, he scores goals at Wembley..."

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
26 May, 2019 01:05
Well, that was never in doubt......!
Just as I could hear the faint murmurs of "Fairytale of New Port", follow up to the Pogues classic, as they tried to replicate our achievement of last year with ten men, up pops Connor to scratch that record!
This hugging random strangers is becoming a habit!
Thanks to everyone upstairs on the rave coach who added to a memorable experience (not that some of you will remember it!).
Whatever happens today, tomorrow, next week...it don't matter a jot because we're League One!
HKR, Pete SF and anyone else who travelled from the four corners of the globe (including the Wirral!) glad it all worked out well for you!
Cheers everyone, enjoy!
Tequila!

rover87
rover87
26 May, 2019 01:23
Steve mcnulty was exactly what we needed at the time we signed him hes took a lot of stick in his time but to b fair every national league game i watched it was hard to argue against him being our best player fair play to him thought he was brilliant when he came on and hope hes kept on in some capacity get In Rovers SWA

pez
pez
26 May, 2019 02:04
Player coach role maybe?

He's got a very good footballing brain and there's no doubt he's been a great defender in his day.

Be great to pass on his vast experience,especially to some of the younger players in the squad.

Manny has been fantastic this season and you can see how much he has developed since his arrival. How much of that is down to McNulty is anyone's guess, but I'm sure he's passed on something.

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 May, 2019 07:01
Quote:
rover87
Steve mcnulty was exactly what we needed at the time we signed him hes took a lot of stick in his time but to b fair every national league game i watched it was hard to argue against him being our best player fair play to him thought he was brilliant when he came on and hope hes kept on in some capacity get In Rovers SWA

My understanding he was a offered a deal and has rejected it

Gunslinger
Gunslinger
26 May, 2019 07:48
Too late to bed yesterday and too emotionally drained this morning to write at length but a titanic effort by all our lads yesterday. So very proud to be a Rovers fan. Scotty keeping us in the game, Manny and Sid (and Steve) solid as a rock, Perkins keeping it tight, Pringle (yes Pringle) getting into some excellent positions, Nors being Nors and a sublime finish by Connor sending the keeper the wrong way. But hats off to Mickey once again. My heart sank when I saw that Steve was about to come on. But he was just absolute class. Today's not the day to talk about contracts. Let's just enjoy the moment. Thank you Mickey. Thank you Mark and Nicola. You've given us our club back again...

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 May, 2019 07:52
[youtu.be]

Vlog from the Newport end about 15 mins long but worth it for there absolute silence when Connor scores!

DevonExile
DevonExile
26 May, 2019 08:15
What yesterday demonstrated was the difference between being an arm chair manager and the real thing. Like most others my heart sank when McNulty came on but it was so much the right move.It is two successive finals where Mellon has called the substitutions absolutely right.It is also two successive seasons where he has tweaked a squad in mid season to transform prospects.Ours is not an exceptional squad but he has made the best use of resources and built a culture of commitment. He has improved players that looked ordinary and this was exemplified yesterday by the performance of Caprice.
We may struggle in Div 1 but the test of support in that case will be to stand by the the team and to recognise that good managers do not become bad just because the task is harder

Uglybob
Uglybob
26 May, 2019 10:39
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
I think that Buxton came on with penno's in mind. Newport made a massive mistake when in the build up to the goal that they didn't realise Buxton is also quite a good footballer. His cut inside ended up with the Perkins Caprice combo for Connors goal.
Cheers Bukko.
It was Pringle , Caprice and Buxton .

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
26 May, 2019 10:45
Quote:
DevonExile
What yesterday demonstrated was the difference between being an arm chair manager and the real thing. Like most others my heart sank when McNulty came on but it was so much the right move.It is two successive finals where Mellon has called the substitutions absolutely right.It is also two successive seasons where he has tweaked a squad in mid season to transform prospects.Ours is not an exceptional squad but he has made the best use of resources and built a culture of commitment. He has improved players that looked ordinary and this was exemplified yesterday by the performance of Caprice.
We may struggle in Div 1 but the test of support in that case will be to stand by the the team and to recognise that good managers do not become bad just because the task is harder

Yes his substitutions in both finals were incredible.

A man who just understands the game on a different level to the rest of us.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
26 May, 2019 10:46
What a day ! Thank you to all the players, Mickey, his staff and of course Mark and Nicola.Between you you've made Tranmere a proper league club again .

Tranman
Tranman
26 May, 2019 12:54
It was a typical play-off final, lots of endeavor but little quality as the two teams cancelled each other out. However, what a goal! A classic involving four players, each displaying the necessary quality required to perfection, and especially a great finish from Connor, who had not had a his best game up to then and was nearly out on his feet.

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 May, 2019 13:19
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Quote:
DevonExile

Yes his substitutions in both finals were incredible.

A man who just understands the game on a different level to the rest of us.

Maybe than you! I called both Pringle and McNulty subs! Ha ha ha Maybe he channelled his thoughts! I don't think we will struggle in league 1, managers don't make clubs but clubs make managers, Mellon is Tranmeres Ferguson, Shankly or Klopp and the new John King!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
26 May, 2019 13:49
Quote:
Phil65
Well, that was never in doubt......!
Just as I could hear the faint murmurs of "Fairytale of New Port", follow up to the Pogues classic, as they tried to replicate our achievement of last year with ten men, up pops Connor to scratch that record!
This hugging random strangers is becoming a habit!
Thanks to everyone upstairs on the rave coach who added to a memorable experience (not that some of you will remember it!).
Whatever happens today, tomorrow, next week...it don't matter a jot because we're League One!
HKR, Pete SF and anyone else who travelled from the four corners of the globe (including the Wirral!) glad it all worked out well for you!
Cheers everyone, enjoy!
Tequila!

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
26 May, 2019 13:53
Quote:
Bored rover
https://youtu.be/tC46IKEKj-g
Vlog from the Newport end about 15 mins long but worth it for there absolute silence when Connor scores!

The silence [and the noise at the other end]about 12mins 45 secs ish are classic(Sm6)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.