football
Latest News:
 

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 19:25
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 19:45
Oh dear.my daughters cutting her holiday short and flying into stansted only just in time for match.her handbag gone be too big carrying a few clothes must warn her ta sparky

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 19:45
Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
and the size appears to be about the size of a piece of A4 paper.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 19:51
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
and the size appears to be about the size of a piece of A4 paper.

What about a carrier bag?

 
Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 19:52
The way I read this, bags must not exceed same height and width as an A4 sheet of paper. That means rucksacks, sports bags etc will not be allowed in. Worth knowing and worth a read. Full details on wembleystadium.com. That website says maximum dimensions of any bag must not exceed 297 x 210 x 210mm.

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 21:07
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
The way I read this, bags must not exceed same height and width as an A4 sheet of paper. That means rucksacks, sports bags etc will not be allowed in. Worth knowing and worth a read. Full details on wembleystadium.com. That website says maximum dimensions of any bag must not exceed 297 x 210 x 210mm.

Well Lads and Lassies of the SWA looks like we'll have to leave our hand bags at home(Sm122)

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
17 May, 2019 23:09
can i wear my old Oxford Bags?

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 01:02
Only if there A4 size

 
EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 08:18
What about our bags of confidence?



Every ball's a white ball

 
dixie60
dixie60 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 08:31
I fell foul of this silly rule at the Salford v Fylde play off the other day. Stewards were over the top and rude at enforcing the A4 size. I was invited to throw away my work rucsac (I hid it in a nearby building site and collected it after the game). Folded up bags are not permitted either. Even plastic bags are banned. Keeping objects and fold up bags in your jacket is one way round it. If you're carrying a water bottle, they'll confiscate the top so keep a spare one in your wallet.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 09:36
Thks for the info about size of bags.

 
the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 10:38
can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 11:36
Quote:
the baldy one
can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

6 To view a full list of articles which must not be brought into the Ground see www.wembleystadium.com. Prohibited items include knives, fireworks, explosives, smoke canisters, aerosols, air-horns, noisemakers, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances (including legal highs), laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles, or any article that may be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety or which may pose a hazard or nuisance to any other person, or any article to be used for a commercial or a charitable purpose. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to or ejected from the Ground

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
18 May, 2019 18:04
Just ask Borehamwood fans baldy

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 01:24
Quote:
Loyden1
Just ask Borehamwood fans baldy
Too right

 
Man in the Midlands

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 09:38
I carried 8 pints into the ground last year, no one searched me and I didn't spill a drop.
I kept my mouth shut. lol

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 12:38
Quote:
the baldy one
can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

Yes it just can’t have a top on it or it becomes “an article” for the purpose of sporting ground laws so they will take the lid off you

 
MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 17:37
I went to Wembley this afternoon to see my local team, Chertsey Town win the FA Vase. I can confirm that the stewards are very very strict on both bag sizes and bottles. A number of ladies attending where not let in with over size handbags!! One woman remained outside with her friends bags whilst they went in!! Bit foolish if you ask me, she was a sitting target for someone to come and snatch one!!!!

 
MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 20:11
Great point this. Hadn't thought.

All being well will arrive at Eustom at 12:30 and won't have time to drop bag off at hotel so will need to use the left luggage rip-off. sad smiley

 
MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
19 May, 2019 22:20
Quote:
Yiggsy
Great point this. Hadn't thought.
All being well will arrive at Eustom at 12:30 and won't have time to drop bag off at hotel so will need to use the left luggage rip-off. sad smiley

At least you are aware of it now Yiggsy, many people won't be!

 
Re: Wembley bags!!
20 May, 2019 09:51
This bag business is simply more baggage for us put-upon fans. How am I going to fit 8 pints into a bag that size?

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
20 May, 2019 13:39
Quote:
sparky100
I went to Wembley this afternoon to see my local team, Chertsey Town win the FA Vase. I can confirm that the stewards are very very strict on both bag sizes and bottles. A number of ladies attending where not let in with over size handbags!! One woman remained outside with her friends bags whilst they went in!! Bit foolish if you ask me, she was a sitting target for someone to come and snatch one!!!!

The flags at the Cup Final looked bigger than most bags?

 
MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
20 May, 2019 18:53
Quote:
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
This bag business is simply more baggage for us put-upon fans. How am I going to fit 8 pints into a bag that size?

Someone should invent a hip flask disguised as a mobile phone big enough to get a quarter bottle of the hard stuff.

If someone nicks that idea I want you all as witnesses for me royalties! smiling smiley

 
efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
21 May, 2019 13:08
Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
There is a bag storage facility at the yellow car park at £10. Alternatively, there is luggagehero.com on Wembley Park Road just by the station, where it's £1 an hour plus £2 handling fee.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2019 13:08 by efc0trfc3.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
21 May, 2019 13:37
Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
There is a bag storage facility at the yellow car park at £10. Alternatively, there is luggagehero.com on Wembley Park Road just by the station, where it's £1 an hour plus £2 handling fee.

All designed to make even more money off the long suffering fan. Another reason why I dislike the place intensely.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
21 May, 2019 21:13
This all adds to my conviction that the glamour of the event lies in the prize of promotion and not the venue. Nothing about the ground or vicinity is fan friendly it is all rip off.
Personally,I think that clubs would make far more from a televised home and away two legged tie
I go because of the importance of the game but the general Wembley experienced is uninspiring.It is a national stadium that lacks character and is a monument to the cynicism of our football authorities

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
22 May, 2019 10:57
Quote:
DevonExile
This all adds to my conviction that the glamour of the event lies in the prize of promotion and not the venue. Nothing about the ground or vicinity is fan friendly it is all rip off.
Personally,I think that clubs would make far more from a televised home and away two legged tie
I go because of the importance of the game but the general Wembley experienced is uninspiring.It is a national stadium that lacks character and is a monument to the cynicism of our football authorities

I agree. And that was before I heard they'll be charging £10 for Saturday's match programme.

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
22 May, 2019 11:34
Wembley is a rip off don't care about fans just getting as much money out of fans as possible .

 
MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
22 May, 2019 19:48
⚠️Just found the below which explains everything!!!!!

@wembleystadium have provided us with some
important safety and security information ahead of Saturday's Play-Off final.

We advise all supporters to read through before they travel 🚗

Read here 👉 [t.co]

#TRFC #SWA [t.co]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2019 19:55 by sparky100.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
25 May, 2019 23:01
The programmes were bigger than the A4 bags. I took in a paper one. When I put the programme in it, it ripped the bag. Fortunately I did not lose any of the contents. Ate them on the way back.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2019 15:40 by Hoots Mon.

 
Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Re: Wembley bags!!
26 May, 2019 10:57
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
DevonExile
This all adds to my conviction that the glamour of the event lies in the prize of promotion and not the venue. Nothing about the ground or vicinity is fan friendly it is all rip off.
Personally,I think that clubs would make far more from a televised home and away two legged tie
I go because of the importance of the game but the general Wembley experienced is uninspiring.It is a national stadium that lacks character and is a monument to the cynicism of our football authorities

I agree. And that was before I heard they'll be charging £10 for Saturday's match programme.

Really....WOW (Sm135)


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?