football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

east anglian times/ james norwood
16 May, 2019 17:34
I see this newspaper was running a story earlier this week that james Norwood has agreed to sign for Ipswich town in the next few weeks even if we win at Wembley and we join the tractor boys in league 1. I just think it is a known fact that he is going end of story - but to print this story only a few days before he plays in a Wembley final is a bit low. if any of the Tranmere players get to read this story what will they think of the situation. the best way for james Norwood to sign off is to score the winner again like last year. what a signing he has been - 4 complete seasons and 92 goals. I know he has not scored as many goals as john Aldridge who scored 174 for Tranmere - but I would say james Norwood is just as good if not better. what a strike force it would of been - ian muir and james Norwood. I just want to say to james Norwood - thanks for the 4 years the 92 goals the winner at Wembley in 2018 and possibly next week and good luck.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: east anglian times/ james norwood
16 May, 2019 17:43
Who knows what's going on. Latest rumours are linking Ipswich with a bid for Doidge.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:53
Ill always love him. But his reaction after the FGR game spoke volumes for me. And he went down in my estimation

Good luck and goodbye, thanks for the memories.

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:55
Baldy, I doubt whether any of our lads read read that paper but are more likely to read this forum. Don't you feel a tad irresponsible?

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:56
Let's just worry about next Saturday at wembley shall we let's just get into league one then let mm and mp do there job .

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 18:46
I think Norwood can do a lot better than Ipswich if he has patience to wait.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:01
If we go up, Rovers might be in a stronger position to offer a more impressive contract

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 19:01 by trfc-boi.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:04
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Ill always love him. But his reaction after the FGR game spoke volumes for me. And he went down in my estimation
I suppose you'd have been happy if he had waded in on the FGR player?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:36
Quote:
mrGr33n13

And your reaction speaks more volumes about you than any you've made up about him.Absolutely pathetic.

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:45

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 20:13
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
mrGr33n13

And your reaction speaks more volumes about you than any you've made up about him.Absolutely pathetic.

look i have always said norwood was in my top three favorite tranmere players of all time. i was cracking on about him when he was second fiddle to cook.

12 months ago some people had a pop at me for saying that, saying he was nowhere near the top of their lists [and apparently not agreeing with some people is a character flaw]

but he basically big-timed our fans, and was a right mardy sort in front of the nation.

he's still in my top three favorite tranmere players of all time; but his halo slipped for me.

still love the guy, will still cheer him to the rafters when he comes on as a sub for ipswich next year. but i dont have to like the way he acted with the fans.

coltranmere123
coltranmere123 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 20:15
He's at the age now where it's about money . Ipswich are almost certain to offer him more than us . The question is how much do we want to keep him ? If we really do then give him a big pay rise. Get rid of the dead wood and use there salary

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 21:18
Only 2 facts are that he's a Rovers player and that any of the players don't read too much into what the press or we say.

Pointless to speculate as nothing will even be considered until after the 25th.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 23:16
Quote:
mrGr33n13

He was right to react that way.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 09:15
We had all this last season with Cook, doom gloom and disaster but look where we are now. He will go the club will move on and we will be here again in 12 months saying we can’t let someone go. We absolutely shouldn’t be breaking the clubs wage structure for him to stay as there is no guarantee he will deliver again next season. Fans just need to except we are a club who will need to survive by uncovering rough diamonds spend 2 or 3 years polishing them before the move on to pastures new.

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 09:39
I can't believe that someone can slag Nors off for his reaction to the fans the other night, a fellow professional was being assaulted by a minority of our fans and anyone with any integrity would have done the same. If there was ever a turning point on Nors's future then that moment was it for me, would you want to play for a team that has minority of sick individuals. He was right to dismiss the fans due to the situation put in front of him.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 10:17
Was proven by the police there was no assault.....anyway im equally worried about the potential of Manny leaving

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 10:29
Quote:
shankstheman
I can't believe that someone can slag Nors off for his reaction to the fans the other night, a fellow professional was being assaulted by a minority of our fans and anyone with any integrity would have done the same. If there was ever a turning point on Nors's future then that moment was it for me, would you want to play for a team that has minority of sick individuals. He was right to dismiss the fans due to the situation put in front of him.

He didn't need to tweet it. He could have gone to the police and reported it. And then they could have looked at footage. It was not smart to make a comment on anti-social media. And as others have posted, the police did look at footage and found nothing untoward . And clearly, no FGR player made a complaint of an assault....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2019 10:57 by FredUrmson107in333.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 10:58
People on pitch = an offence. It really can't be any simpler to grasp. Don't do it!

Offence = excusable or inexcusable? Depends on circumstances. Joyful pitch invasions generally excusable, and therefore usually excused. Abusiveness and manhandling, as eyewitnesses including one of our players reported, inexcusable - even though it was only a minority and seemingly just a spur of the moment thing, over in a matter of seconds.

Inexcusable = prosecution? Depends if anyone reports it, if the police consider it worthwhile, etc.

No prosecution certainly does not mean no offence took place.

What happened at FGR was wrong. Even though in the grand scheme of wrongdoing it barely moves the dial. Drawing a line under it seems proportionate. But if anyone's 'halo has slipped' it's certainly not our number 10's.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 11:19
I'm not the only one feeling that way.

There's a photo of Harvey gilmour hugging a fan like he's a long lost lover. That's what the moment and the last few years have been about

He fans and the club and the players acting as one.

I believe Norwood was mistaken in what he saw and his attitude towards the fans wasn't good.

You don't have to believe Norwood is perfect to be a fan of his.

Public service announcement : his @#$%& stinks too.

He's still one of my favourite players to wear a Tranmere shirt. But his reaction was a distancing of himself in my eyes. I think he's defo gone at the end of the season. And, prediction time, he won't be partying with the fans all summer if we go up this year.

Even the best relationships sometimes run their course...

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 11:27
Why don't we concentrate on winning at Wembley! As for Norwood.....Thank you James.You'll always be a legend at TRFC.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 11:38
Weird you say he won’t be celebrating because he was the 1st player who came back out of the tunnel to celebrate with the fans after they’d been ushered back.

Get the feeling you weren’t there to see this though...

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 16:45
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
People on pitch = an offence. It really can't be any simpler to grasp. Don't do it!
Offence = excusable or inexcusable? Depends on circumstances. Joyful pitch invasions generally excusable, and therefore usually excused. Abusiveness and manhandling, as eyewitnesses including one of our players reported, inexcusable - even though it was only a minority and seemingly just a spur of the moment thing, over in a matter of seconds.

Inexcusable = prosecution? Depends if anyone reports it, if the police consider it worthwhile, etc.

No prosecution certainly does not mean no offence took place.

What happened at FGR was wrong. Even though in the grand scheme of wrongdoing it barely moves the dial. Drawing a line under it seems proportionate. But if anyone's 'halo has slipped' it's certainly not our number 10's.

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 16:49
Quote:
Uptonrover
Was proven by the police there was no assault.....anyway im equally worried about the potential of Manny leaving

No it wasn't. Nothing was picked up on CCTV that's all.

Anyway our green person will be happy soon. The Ipswich board by and large have assumed that the deal is done .

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:28
I don't know where you get the idea I want Norwood to leave.

He's easily one the my favourite players to ever wear the shirt. I just didn't like his reaction, and it seemed like his head was already at another club.

No one will cheer him louder next year than me.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:33
[quote Hoots Mon][quote Uptonrover]Was proven by the police there was no assault.....anyway im equally worried about the potential of Manny leaving[/quote]

No it wasn't. Nothing was picked up on CCTV that's all.

/quote]

Oh and the police where unusually emphatic that no incident took place. They actually contacted FGR for clarification, also.

"However CCTV was reviewed and there was seen to be no physical contact or act of aggression.

“On the night we had no reports of an assault and we have since been in contact with Forest Green Rovers to clarify whether any other incidents took place.

“We can confirm that no reports of assault have been made to police.”

Norwood likely misinterpreted what happend in the heat of the moment and acted like a bear with a sore head.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net