football
Latest News:

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Transfer window now open
16 May, 2019 10:58
Host of players have been released by clubs, must be few gems out there, Which one realistic player do you want the club to sign this summer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 11:00 by trfc-boi.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Transfer window now open
16 May, 2019 11:30
Don't know but I'd expect we'll have already identified a striker and would want to move fast if Norwood does go. Danny Rowe will inevitably get mentioned now he's out of contract but, having seen him a couple of times this season, I don't think he's up to it.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 12:53
No ,not a patch on Norwood ,could be ok if we can find a goal scorer he could work with MM has to get his recruitment right to start the season right ,some more good teams in League 1or 2 next season

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 13:12
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No ,not a patch on Norwood ,could be ok if we can find a goal scorer he could work with MM has to get his recruitment right to start the season right ,some more good teams in League 1or 2 next season

Whomever we can afford to bring in of course won't be a patch on Norwood, at least not immediately and not obviously - we don't have that kind of money. It's going to be very tough for whomever is seen as the replacement, he will be compared unfavourably with Nors from day 1. We need to be open-minded and trust MM.

It's easy to forget that the vast majority of clubs don't have a 20-a-season striker, let alone a 30-a-season one.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 14:27
We will adapt to missing Norwood.

Mellons a superb coach and I'd like to see us go in for someone rough and ready that he can polish up.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 14:45
Come on everyone, let's enjoy Wembley. Its as if some of you are ringing the death bells and Norwood is a goner! No one knows apart from MM, the Palios's and his Lordship himself. Promotion to League one, the right deal and hopefully he will stay! Let's talk about the ins and outs after Wembley when we've got nothing else to do!!

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 16:11
Quote:
sparky100
Come on everyone, let's enjoy Wembley. Its as if some of you are ringing the death bells and Norwood is a goner! No one knows apart from MM, the Palios's and his Lordship himself. Promotion to League one, the right deal and hopefully he will stay! Let's talk about the ins and outs after Wembley when we've got nothing else to do!!

i agree. if tranmere do get to league 1, what is the point of him moving to another leagye one team? may as well try walsall lol

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 16:36
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Don't know but I'd expect we'll have already identified a striker and would want to move fast if Norwood does go. Danny Rowe will inevitably get mentioned now he's out of contract but, having seen him a couple of times this season, I don't think he's up to it.

I think Rowe has a year left on his contract.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 16:55
You're quite right Hoots, just seen it mentioned in a press report. Seems he's making noises again about wanting to play in the EFL, though, but wants to stay in NW. Salford rumoured to have made an enquiry. It'll be hard for any L2 club wanting to compete with them for a player.

Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:00
According to the Fylde website, Rowe signed a two year deal in July 2017. Unless he’s extended , he’s a free agent from this July.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:00
Quote:
sparky100

You're right, fair enough

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 17:13
Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
sparky100

You're right, fair enough

It is possible to enjoy the prospect of Wembley and speculate on transfers at the same time!

Btw it's been reported that Sid has been released by Millwall. Love to get him signed up.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:17
Yes Young and can only get better but I suspect Swindon and several London clubs such as Orient may fancy him

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 22:26
They may well do, but if Tranmere went up they neither Swindon nor Orient could offer him league 1 football and Tranmere could probably out price them on wages, so he could do a lot worse than sign permanently.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 22:34
I don’t think we will get a striker in, I reckon Mullin was signed to be the new Nors

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 23:19
Many players have come and gone and the club survived. Reckon we can get by with Mullin, Miller, Jennings and Dagnall. Signing Walker, who was on loan at Mansfield might be a good shout.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 23:36
Looking at players released two interesting ones: Conor Washington, released by Sheff Utd. Scored goals for Peterborough in League 1 and for QPR. George Boyd released by Sheff Wed.
Also noticed James Wallace & Ryan Taylor released by Fleetwood and David Buchanan by Northampton.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 12:25
Woolery from Swindon would be a great option for attacking midfield

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:26
ash taylor made available for transfer from northampton

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:57
Quote:
paulbyron
ash taylor made available for transfer from northampton
No Thanks .

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 18:11
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Many players have come and gone and the club survived. Reckon we can get by with Mullin, Miller, Jennings and Dagnall. Signing Walker, who was on loan at Mansfield might be a good shout.

Disagree. Think Dagnall will be released. Mullin a squad player , Miller big question mark around fitness

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 19:18
Wouldnt say no to Jose Baxter and Peter Clarke both released by Oldham. Joe Maguire also released from Fleetwood is very good too

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 19:40
I would not touch Baxter just the sort that can destabilise a squad. Clarke on the other hand is a model professional but do we want too many mid 30s players.
Miller was unfit for much of the time at Oldham and had been the same with us. He looked good when he played but we cannot afford occasional cameo players

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 19:44
Didnt realise Peter Clarkes age! 37. Scrap that

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 21:49
Who cares about Clarke's age? It's about quality. Otherwise Goodison would have been released when he was 36, or possibly 35.

Baxter could be a useful addition.

Ash Taylor could offer something if he returned and has experience of league 1 and the SPL, plus he can play back or middle.

I think Davies is someone that Mellon would not look at replacing, but if he did then Kusczak is available for free and Legzdins at Burnley is only 4th choice and even if one of the England capped goalies left which is rumoured, he would be third choice.

Both might feel Championship or SPL deals would be viable or at least a big league 1 club, but if there was enough ambition and just enough money available perthaps a permanent arrangement for Kusczak or a loan for legzdins might e possible, but I think money would be the stumbling block and Davies is one of the ones I definitely don't see a reason to replace in a hurry, but that doesn't mean the club should completely overlook it.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 22:22
Mk dons release Cisse. He looked quality at prenton park

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 22:49
Ilias Chair on loan from QPR[if they'd allow it] after his superb few months at Stevenage.

MoanerLesser

17 May, 2019 23:28
guess it all depends on funds available (as regards bringing players in), although the funds distribution from EFL is heavily skewed towards the championship, so not too great a difference between league one and two. i wonder if tranmere do make it to league one whether the Chinese connection may bring in funding .

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 05:47
I'd be tempted to give Blair Henderson at least a trial.

His current deal runs out on 31st May 2019, and at 24 he could develop even more under Micky Mellon's guidance.

He certainly knows where the net is, with 37 goals in 46 appearances this season including cup competitions.

I know some will write him off as he's only playing at Scottish L2 level, but I reckon with his natural goal scoring ability, youth on his side, and being in a team with much better players, he could very well replicate his form shown North of the border?

We're certainly on the prowl for a goal scorer, and he might just fit the bill, especially as he's a free agent

What do you think?

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 07:53
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
guess it all depends on funds available (as regards bringing players in), although the funds distribution from EFL is heavily skewed towards the championship, so not too great a difference between league one and two. i wonder if tranmere do make it to league one whether the Chinese connection may bring in funding .
Yes we might get enough from the funding to get the squad the odd takeaway .

MoanerLesser

18 May, 2019 09:55
Quote:
gary anderson
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Yes we might get enough from the funding to get the squad the odd takeaway .
3 number 5s?

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 12:54
Reece Brown’s contract is up at FGR.......

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 13:20
Quote:
jonesy792
Reece Brown’s contract is up at FGR.......
Ellis looked the pick of their players to me - not sure if his contarct is also up? But sadly FGR can probably offer more even if we go up!

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 13:35
Brown has apparently been looked at by Leeds’ scouts and they’ve approached him.

I only knew that as my boss and all their family are all Leeds ST holders here in the sticks.

Only Ellis I’ve known to play for FGR is ours ADD, guessing predictive text had a role to play?

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 13:54
Quote:
rossb07
Brown has apparently been looked at by Leeds’ scouts and they’ve approached him.
I only knew that as my boss and all their family are all Leeds ST holders here in the sticks.

Only Ellis I’ve known to play for FGR is ours ADD, guessing predictive text had a role to play?
Sorry I meant Millswinking smiley

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 13:58
He's decent going forward as a Wing back yeah, not too sure coming back through as Morris and Caprice ran riot at times in the 2 legs.

Came back over to FGR from Aus i believe too.

If i had to take one player right now, it'd be Lang on loan at Oldham from Wigan. Looked a very good player in an average side and is local too!

rover87
rover87 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 19:47
If we do the business next Saturday first order of business for me has to be offering Nors and Manny good solid deals to try our best to keep them here. Both will have options right left and centre i would of thought but weve got to try and keep as much of this group together as possible weve let good players go in the past by offering them peanuts just hope we offer them what they deserve and hope for the best

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 22:13
Quote:
pez
His current deal runs out on 31st May 2019, and at 24 he could develop even more under Micky Mellon's guidance.

He certainly knows where the net is, with 37 goals in 46 appearances this season including cup competitions.

I know some will write him off as he's only playing at Scottish L2 level, but I reckon with his natural goal scoring ability, youth on his side, and being in a team with much better players, he could very well replicate his form shown North of the border?

We're certainly on the prowl for a goal scorer, and he might just fit the bill, especially as he's a free agent

What do you think?

I think I mentioned Henderson several weeks ago and if so, I'd concur with your sentiments about him.

Plus if he signed, at least with Micky in charge it would be a foreign player having a manager who talks the same kind of way, so it would help him overcome any language barriers (Sm6)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2019 00:08
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
pez

What do you think?

I think I mentioned Henderson several weeks ago and if so, I'd concur with your sentiments about him.

Plus if he signed, at least with Micky in charge it would be a foreign player having a manager who talks the same kind of way, so it would help him overcome any language barriers (Sm6)
see you Jimmy etc etc

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

19 May, 2019 14:16
Paul McCallum at Eastleigh a good player and played for some big clubs.

19 May, 2019 14:57
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Looking at players released two interesting ones: Conor Washington, released by Sheff Utd. Scored goals for Peterborough in League 1 and for QPR. George Boyd released by Sheff Wed.
Also noticed James Wallace & Ryan Taylor released by Fleetwood and David Buchanan by Northampton.

I always liked Boyd, but he's a bit of a fair weather player and getting on a bit now. Couldn't contemplate having Wallace back here yet again - he's too reckless and too easily crocked.
Don't think Taylor ever really got back his excellent form after his long term injury. It can be a 2-edged sword having ex-players back. Still think Cookie could do the biz if he could sort out the grumps.

MoanerLesser

19 May, 2019 16:50
Oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2019 18:57 by FredUrmson107in333.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2019 17:04
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
kompany was available, but even with all his money he decided to go Dutch.

Belgian!

MoanerLesser

19 May, 2019 18:58
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
kompany was available, but even with all his money he decided to go Dutch.

Belgian!

Rats.

Fiftyyearsarover

19 May, 2019 20:01
Near enough guys but I bet it’s Belgium anyway it’s next to Holland 😁

MoanerLesser

19 May, 2019 21:40
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Near enough guys but I bet it’s Belgium anyway it’s next to Holland 😁

I am an twerp.

Fiftyyearsarover

20 May, 2019 11:09
I remember delivering a load to Monsanto in Antwerp ,drove a short cut through a prohibited tunnel (dangerous cargo ) into the dock system a few minutes from Monsanto ,the lock gates closed for a ship to pass which turned out to be a frotilla 2hrs I had to sit there I have never seen so many small ships since Dunkirk .so I was the twerp of Antwerp .sweating in case the old bill turned up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net