Latest news:

Coopers sour grapes
Discussion started by Prenton Pirate (IP Logged), 15 May, 2019 23:37
Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
15 May, 2019 23:37
Reading an interview by Mark Cooper he states that:"They didn't want us at Wembley", whoever "they" maybe. And according to him they were getting on top when the red card appeared. Is he on another planet or what?, the planet bad loser.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 May, 2019 23:39
I think he's been drinking something made with sour grapes; or could it he drank something made with antifreeze that was trodden into the grapes by dirty, unwashed smelly french feet?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere
16 May, 2019 08:19
I think he is under pressure - he was given a promotion budget by the billionaire Chairman (like Flitcroft at Mansfield) - and failed to deliver.

gary anderson
gary anderson
16 May, 2019 08:38
You could be right .but he still is a very nasty little man and not very well liked .the millionaire chairman might just relise putting his money into a little club with gates of 2000 is never going anywhere to be honest there a village team .so if he pulls out they go back to non league which realy is where they belong .but getting back to cooper after those idiotic remarks he made and acusing the efl of cheating to keep them from wembley should get him sacked on its own .bye bye cooper ypu pity full little man

coltran
coltran
16 May, 2019 09:55
Cooper's comments can only be described as pathetic. He has behaved like a spoilt child who's had a toy taken from him. Also, his suggestion that "they did not want our little club to go up" could be construed as a suggestion that the match officials were biased and land him in hot water with the FA.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
16 May, 2019 10:00
As stated FGR are basically a minor League team trying to buy their way up the League ladder it might well work for a while .i think actually their a decent side who can give most sides a good game but they have 2problems the first is the manager a horrible little git who instils it into the side ,timewasting etc etc to the point nobody likes them ,I am sick of them being touted as the first vegan team in the world what ever that means .village side make good etc if they need to mix it with Jay Harris,and Nors,Monthe I suggest they switch to meat pies ,the owner the times I have seen him interviewed seem a decent enough guy .no dummy and to be fair not a peep from him personally the problem is Cooper ,the 2nd problem is the Location and gates .supposed to be moving to a new small stadium 6/8ooo I believe but still in the sticks .no one is going to abandon the 2 Bristol clubs to watch FGR you might get some from Cheltenham but that’s it .they were wetting themselves with joy the other night 48000 turned up,that’s ok but nearly 2000 were the SWA the way Man Utd are at the moment some will go to Salford so their gates will improve but Manchester is a big catchment area Gloucestershire isn’t .so it’s a case of how long the owner is happy to throw his money away ,it’s hard work keeping the whites stable on gates of 6/10000 never mind 2/3000

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
16 May, 2019 10:09
Quote:
gary anderson
You could be right .but he still is a very nasty little man and not very well liked .the millionaire chairman might just relise putting his money into a little club with gates of 2000 is never going anywhere to be honest there a village team .so if he pulls out they go back to non league which realy is where they belong .but getting back to cooper after those idiotic remarks he made and acusing the efl of cheating to keep them from wembley should get him sacked on its own .bye bye cooper ypu pity full little man

From the Forest Green Official Site-Q and A with Dale Vince-since Mondays' game:-

''Looking to the future, Mark Cooper is still going to be here with a couple of years left on his contract, he’s still the man for the job?

Mark is going to be here for a long time.''

No pressure

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
16 May, 2019 10:44
Just let 8 go too few for me but still like the left
wing back.

TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
16 May, 2019 10:46
FGR is not a vegan team. It's owned by a vegan who has banned meat products from the stadium but the players are not vegans any more than all the fans are vegans.

Mark Cooper is simply a small-minded bad loser

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
16 May, 2019 11:20
Quote:
prentonpete1
Just let 8 go too few for me but still like the left
wing back.

Mcginley the centre back for me. But he is still under contract

paulbyron
paulbyron
16 May, 2019 11:31
coopers sour grapes plus fgr fans saying mike deans presence in the rovers crowd may have swayed the officials is more laughable than anything else

aktrfc
aktrfc
16 May, 2019 12:58
the players are banned from eating red meat while in contract at the club

rossb07
rossb07
16 May, 2019 14:19
Meat isn’t banned from the stadium either, it just isn’t made, used or sold there.

DevonExile
DevonExile
16 May, 2019 19:30
IT is certainly allowed for Cooper iat giant meathead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 19:31 by DevonExile.

Cybertron
Cybertron
16 May, 2019 21:48
One of my secret pleasures is listening to Coopers interviews after an FGR defeat. He is always very quick to criticise players, which probably explains why he has a history of falling out with them. That said Monday night's interview was pure gold, made even better by the SWA in the background.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
16 May, 2019 22:02
Reece Brown leaving FGR ,evidently on his way to Leeds ,he is now out of contract

Bored rover
Bored rover
17 May, 2019 18:41
Saw this on Twitter thought it was quite fitting for this thread
[mobile.twitter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.