football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Norwood and Ipswich?
15 May, 2019 16:26
According to the Daily Mirror sports pages Norwood to sign for Ipswich after the play off final.

Hot air by sport writer's or agent making waves,just a pity if it's true that he hasn't signed a new contract with us and then at least we would get some money out of it sadly if he goes all we will have will be good memories.

But of course it's getting to that time of the year a lot of speculation.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood and Ipswich?
15 May, 2019 16:36
Let's just hope he wins it for us at Wembley. What will be will bel

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 17:07
He'll leave as a legend.

Nothing but good wishes for any player involved in our promotion. I'll always give them a standing ovation whenever they come back to P P as an opponent

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 17:35
Why do we keep going on about Norwood going .at the moment he is a tranmere player his goals have put us in a great position for another promotion so let's concentrate on that .and then it's up to mm and mp to sit him down make a offer and then it's up to him to decide weather he stays or goes .he will do what's best for him and his career .I would think tje only thing on his mind at the moment is wembley next Saturday and getting anotjer winning goal to get back to back promotions .

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 18:06
Already turned down 2 offers from us what will be will be always have my greatest respect.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 19:32
Ipswich will be demanding promotion back to the Championship next season. Not convinced Nors is at that level but, if offered the chance, he's got to have a crack at it. He owes us nothing (..unless he messes up at Wembley!)

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 20:03
Quote:
prentonpete1
Already turned down 2 offers from us what will be will be always have my greatest respect.
Are they still talking?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 21:45
Why go to Ipswich when his Mrs has 1 more year at Uni in Liverpool and they own a house in Huyton?

So if correct, they'd be signing him for around at least £300k (signing on fee and the price of a house).

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:08
Salford

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:26
He’s done outstanding things at Tranmere, hope we go up & he stays.
If he moves on, good luck, he has earned the right to play as high as he can.
A club could offer x4 current wage, good luck to him.
Still rovers player atm, sure there’s more contract negotiations, let’s see after season is completed

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:31
If he went to Salford it would be a massive insult.

As for Ipswich if Tranmere go up then Ipswich will not be able to use the lure of higher level football to entice him and although they would be targeting promotion, they could just as easily lose key players and stutter, whereas Tranmere are on the up so there's no guarantees Ipswich would be in a better league position than Tranmere by Christmas.

The only attraction would be money. I doubt their training facilites are necessarily any better and the stadium would be a bit bigger and the crowds would be bigger, but who realistically leaves for those things, when it's the money that does the majority of the talking.

He'd be better where he is.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 23:36 by Matt34.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:37
If it wasn’t on a free, wonder what his transfer value would be ?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:23
Potentially in excess of £500,000. look at Jon Stead all those years ago, left Huddersfield in league 2 for Blackburn and fetched £1,000,000. Albeit Blackburn were Premier League, but in the current climate a club the size of Tranmere could possibly get over £500,000 especially with a promotion, as they could price him at league one style valuations.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:33
Lord Nors signed from FGR because they thought he wasn't EFL standard. Well done Gary Brabin signing him. Well done Mickey developing him. Mannie another player Signed from FGR and improved by Micky. Who goes who stays I think Micky will get us a squad next season.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:33
Lord Nors signed from FGR because they thought he wasn't EFL standard. Well done Gary Brabin signing him. Well done Mickey developing him. Mannie another player Signed from FGR and improved by Micky. Who goes who stays I think Micky will get us a squad next season.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 07:35
Button have been linked with him, Clough refutes it as he is out of there reach, they have more dollar than Rovers, the maths is simple. In terms of Salford being an insult money talks it’s not all about “the level” it’s about the wages

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 08:05
6 grand a week to play in front 2-3000 crowds.

Maybe the "Gang of 4" could get together and match the wages that Salford are offering.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 19:25
I wonder if the Salford wages are sometimes exaggerated. It is hard to imagine that Maynard and Hogan are being paid 200k plus a year.If they are then Salford is not getting great value for its lay out

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 22:32
Quote:
DevonExile
I wonder if the Salford wages are sometimes exaggerated. It is hard to imagine that Maynard and Hogan are being paid 200k plus a year.If they are then Salford is not getting great value for its lay out

I wouldn’t think Maynard and Hogan are on that, probably about the same as here maybe less. Neville’s are switched on cookies, last year they had a standard NL squad supplemented with some big names at that level and no doubt next season will be the same standard L2 with some NL and some big players maybe Nors

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 22:42
They are exaggerated, the only players who were on above than the norm for that and for the most part our level were the players they brought in last summer from FL clubs.

The fact that they wouldn’t agree to part money to pay both of their former co-managers the same amount says that they are a little better with money than is made out.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 22:42
Well if the rumours at the start of the season about Adam Rooney getting £4,000 a week are correct, then backup players would be being poorly paid for less than £2,000.

McNulty said it about Luton. One guy gets £3,000 a week and a goalkeeper gets £500. That was rectified when the wage gap was narrowed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net