Latest news:

Wembley stop over!
Discussion started by Swa1976 (IP Logged), 15 May, 2019 12:56
Swa1976
Swa1976
15 May, 2019 12:56
Can anyone recommend a decent hotel? I’m travelling down Saturday morning and going to stay over and return Sunday (victorious), couple of train stops away is fine with some decent boozers and pref with parking at the hotel! TIA! SWA

andyc209
andyc209
15 May, 2019 13:46
always stop at the permier inn on Wembley way - right outside the station - for the London marathon weekend - usually really cheap and you have all the food places in the Outlet at wembley - its only about 20mins on the tube (Jubilee Line) into central london,
they have a small car park or you can park at one of the tube stations for peanuts at weekends.

We always park at Stanmore tube station - top of jubilee - for about £2 for the day or £5 for the weekend - and then tube into Wembley or London.

gary anderson
gary anderson
15 May, 2019 13:51
Try the prem in Uxbridge .it's right next to tube station for wembley 20 min ride .its cheap and plenty of pubs and places to eat .and it's only 5 mins off the m40 .

Swa1976
Swa1976
15 May, 2019 14:23
Thanks guys, I’ve booked prem inn @ Wembley stadium, close enough and I’ll hopefully be having a few celebratory beers after if anyone is staying around! 👍

andyc209
andyc209
15 May, 2019 15:21
they have been known to do a small beer tent/bar outside the Premier Inn on match days which is fun - remember staying there for a marathon weekend when Man Ure where playing an FA Cup semi final - walking back through the pi**ed up fans to the hotel with my lad with his TRFC shirt on kissing the badge and saying Man U are cr*p and his dad (me) trying to stop him!

stanmore to Wembley park station is less than 10 mins so its an ideal way to do wembley.

M6 - M1 - Junc 4 - stanmore is 2 minutes off the junction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 15:22 by andyc209.

chrisprover
chrisprover
16 May, 2019 09:16
Hi SWA 1976,
I am travelling from Scotland on Friday night and arrive in London 7.00am, I will go to Putney wetherspoons for breakfast amd work my way to meet my brother at Wembley, my return coach home isn't till 11.pm so I could meet with you for a pint how about back to the torch for one after the game and anyone else that wants to join us is welcome,
Cheers
Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.