football
Latest News:
 

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Bury
14 May, 2019 18:50
Ryan Lowe given permission to speak to Plymouth about the managers job is this the
next club for James Norwood?

 
trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 19:10
I think Norwood wants to challenge himself at a higher league, hopefully with Tranmere

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 20:17
My god the amount of teams that are gonna sign Norwood is getting out if control .so let's say ipswich gonna get left leg Plymouth gonna get right leg Lincoln gonna get right arm bury gonna get left arm .and anyone els comes in well head still for offer .so come on lads we win at Wembley he stays .and it's not a cert that if we don't win he will go .he seems happy here and that counts for a lot in your working life



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 20:19 by gary anderson.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 20:51
Hey Gary u just made me sing the hokey cokey

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 21:46
Lol nice one loyden. We can sing it at Wembley lol

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 21:53
Quote:
prentonpete1
Ryan Lowe given permission to speak to Plymouth about the managers job is this the
next club for James Norwood?

No, not really. I would imagine in league 2 their spending might be a bit better, but he could be being asked ot step in a prop up a faultering team if 2-3 of their best players walked away ot a higher league and if Tranmere get promoted, why go to them for at best the same money as Tranmere could offer but lower league football?

Tranmere if behind on spending in league 2, could probably wage match in league one versus a league 2 Plymouth. The eams linked with him to be more concerned about are Sunderland and Ipswich



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 22:51
Tranmere are a lot like City when it comes to finances, I wouldn't think neither of our 2 teams can match the finances of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Charlton or even Peterborough.
We are both further down the pecking order when it comes to Transfer fees & wages of better players.
So we have to find players who want to do well & loan players who are more affordable that the managers think will improve the squad.

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
14 May, 2019 23:28
Spot on jal jal

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 12:00
Bury case adjourned till June 19,they state that they have three different parties all chasing to take their now successful League One club over after this seasons promotion.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 12:24
Quote:
BELMONT
Bury case adjourned till June 19,they state that they have three different parties all chasing to take their now successful League One club over after this seasons promotion.

There's a surprise. They get away with it over and over again

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 14:11
The truth is there in just as much mess as Bolton but somehow kept it out of the press but it's all starting to unravel. Ie there skint they will be lile Bolton wound up unless a big money man comes in .these clubs do it time and time again and get away with it but then the day comes when it's curtains and sorry to say but I can see both Bolton and bury going out of business .and before someone says it won't happen .remember acrington. Aldershot .Wimbledon. darlington .Telford .and there are a few more if ypu go through the books .a lot of clubs are living beyond there means and the big time overseas Charlie buy g these clubs for a hobby then get bored walk away and leave them in a mess and some have folded .the whole thing needs to be looked at as it's getting stupid .there should be a cap on players wages for a start .there also should be some sort of condition and guarantee when these people buy these clubs that they will be held to account if they put that club in financial mess .I am no lover of Bolton or bury but I feel for there fans these clubs are a big part of community's and should not be destroyed by these overseas idiots who don't know what there doing and just using clubs as another toy to show off with .thank god we got MP and NP

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 23:12
Memory might serve incorrectly here, but I don't think Wimbledon went bust and didn't exist, they relocated to Milton Keynes and were renamed MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon sprouted up in the combined counties league, as a v sign to the way the original Wimbledon was being operated. MK have relinquished all accolades won under the name of Wimbledon to AFC Wimbledon.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 23:24
I may have to stand corrected on Wimbledon matt but there does seem to be a lot of clubs in serious money problems.it's a woryiing trend seems every few weeks another club in court facing winding up orders and all becouse these so called money men come in promiss the world and then get bored with there new toy then walk away and leave them in deep trouble and in a mess

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
15 May, 2019 23:34
Funny though how the small clubs go to the wall and the big ones escape.

Look at clubs in the past like Accrington, Chester City, Hereford, Halifax, Workington Reds, Leicester United, Formby, Fisher Athletic, Hayes and Yeading, Manchester Northwich Villa, New Brighton and the New Brighton Tower club to name a handful, Yet clubs like Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Bolton still survive.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
16 May, 2019 08:16
Accumulate as much debts as you wish in the strive for Premier Football.

If you fail, you get your debts wiped for a 12 point deduction... and then you can try again.
Bournemouth failed, took a points deduction and had their debts wiped and started all over again - and reached the Premier league.
Rotherham failed, took a points deduction and had their debts wiped and started all over again and reached the Championship with a new stadium thrown in.
Leicester failed, got a new stadium, went into administration with NO points deduction
Bolton failed, get a 12 point deduction, debts wiped and off they go again.
Bury have got to League 1 again, will probably take a similar deduction and off they will go again.

The SFA do things differently - as Gretna and Glasgow Rangers will testify.

 
paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
16 May, 2019 11:40
Quote:
Matt34
Funny though how the small clubs go to the wall and the big ones escape.
Look at clubs in the past like Accrington, Chester City, Hereford, Halifax, Workington Reds, Leicester United, Formby, Fisher Athletic, Hayes and Yeading, Manchester Northwich Villa, New Brighton and the New Brighton Tower club to name a handful, Yet clubs like Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Bolton still survive.
don,t forget QPR matt I think they also are in a mess money wise

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
16 May, 2019 22:19
However compared to the clubs I listed they have never stopped existing at any point as it stands.

Actually in the case of Hayes and yeading they still exist so that was a mistake I meant to correct, as they shouldn't be in my post.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
17 May, 2019 18:25
Quote:
Matt34
Funny though how the small clubs go to the wall and the big ones escape.
Look at clubs in the past like Accrington, Chester City, Hereford, Halifax, Workington Reds, Leicester United, Formby, Fisher Athletic, Hayes and Yeading, Manchester Northwich Villa, New Brighton and the New Brighton Tower club to name a handful, Yet clubs like Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Bolton still survive.

It’s not really funny, it’s simple business. The big clubs tend to have over spent in trying to achieve over there potential but have a lot of assets that are available for sale when they go into administration and a lot of people who are interested in taking the business on as they see the opportunity for profit. Smaller clubs have neither assets nor potential and tend to have run up debts simply by existing at there natural level.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
17 May, 2019 21:04
True enough.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
17 May, 2019 22:56
This has just been posted on their board-FOREVER BURY STATEMENT


''A meeting to discuss the current status at Bury Football Club has been held between representatives from Forever Bury and Bury Football Club officials. Following the meeting and the continued non-payment of players and staff, Forever Bury continues to have grave concerns over the current situation. As a consequence, Forever Bury will be consulting with relevant regulatory authorities, as well as the English Football League and the Football Association to outline its concerns. In addition, Forever Bury have set in motion arranging a meeting with Supporters Direct and their legal representatives, to solicit advice on what will be the most appropriate action to take as the Supporters’ Trust of Bury Football Club.

Forever Bury are unable to make further comment on the matters in question until it has consulted with the previously mentioned parties. However, further clarification of the situation will be issued when advice deems it prudent.''


Doesn't sound good.

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
18 May, 2019 08:11
I think there is a fair chance bury could fold they have to find over a million £ in a very short time so I led to believe .so we could be seeing the end of bury and the birth if AFC BURY that seems to be they way it goes look through the leagues there are a few AFCs . I think bury were in a bigger mess than we was led to believe .tqo biggish NW clubs going under .The FA the E F L need to sit down and look into this as the way it's going there will be a lot more going to the wall the whole way clubs are run and the money side needs total overhaul ie some sort of cap like you can't spend what you ain't got and that goes from prem down I am no great business man but you don't spend £1000 when you only earn £100 .anyway I am sure many will dissagree with me but I fear we will see a lot more of our famous old clubs going under .



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2019 08:13 by gary anderson.

 
Tranman
Tranman (IP Logged)

Re: Bury
18 May, 2019 12:29
Quote:
gary anderson
I think there is a fair chance bury could fold they have to find over a million £ in a very short time so I led to believe .so we could be seeing the end of bury and the birth if AFC BURY that seems to be they way it goes look through the leagues there are a few AFCs . I think bury were in a bigger mess than we was led to believe .tqo biggish NW clubs going under .The FA the E F L need to sit down and look into this as the way it's going there will be a lot more going to the wall the whole way clubs are run and the money side needs total overhaul ie some sort of cap like you can't spend what you ain't got and that goes from prem down I am no great business man but you don't spend £1000 when you only earn £100 .anyway I am sure many will dissagree with me but I fear we will see a lot more of our famous old clubs going under .

+1


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?