football
Latest News:

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

Tranmere fans ruin win a fgr
14 May, 2019 16:30
Its a disgrace some of the fans running on the pitch last night attacking forest green players....even norwood hated our fans doing this....why cant we just celebrate normally ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 16:31 by goosed.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere fans ruin win a fgr
14 May, 2019 16:36
Happens at every club unfortunately, stewards should've made more of an effort or should i say FGR should've hired more than 6 stewards for our stand. The steward by us had the gate open ready for the final whistle from when the 4th official had the added on time announced to allow people onto the pitch.

I personally didn't go onto the pitch and didn't see anything untoward other than a few goading the Main* stand fans. Which is rather hypocritical considered they didn't like it when a few from Lincoln did likewise to them a few weeks ago.

*Nothing really main about it.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 16:41
Wouldn't say it ruined it but it did take a bit of gloss off it and, although it was mainly joy, there did seem to be a bit of nastiness mixed in. All over very quickly but not our finest moment, I'd say. Nors was well irritated by it.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 16:43
Nors looked more than irritated to the extent of pushing fans off him. Cant blame him to be honest, you dont know what idiot may be jumping on you nowadays

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 16:50
Haven't read or seen anything about FG players being 'attacked'! If so I would imagine a very hefty fine or worse is on its way!! If that is the case I hope those 'fans' are quickly identified and banned for life. However, I think there may be a bit of poetic scaremongering in the original post!!

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 17:07
Although I don't like fgr or there manager or there fans I do not condone that sort of behaviour attacking there players was idiotic .verbena banter is enough. This could cost the club money .hope if any of the fans are identified they should be held account and banned attacking players on the pitch is something we don't ever want to see at any football match at any level .and we for sure don't want to tarnish tje famous SWA with that sort of stupidity

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 17:16
Nors has said on his Twitter that he was pushing people off him as he was approaching a FGR player (presuming McGinley) who was then punched by one of our 'fans'. HE wouldn't have reacted like that if that incident of cowardice hadn't of taken place.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 17:28
We need these idiots to come forward.. these big hard men .....bet they dont.....and give themselves up ......they cud of got us banned from wembley....then wot wud of everyone said ??

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 21:25
Pitch intrusion is a breach of FA rule E.20 the maximum fine under the rule is 250k and 2 point deduction. Rule E.21 places the responsibility for player safety on each team involved in the game. The FA are very pro-active in penalising such breaches. The rule is breached even when the intrusion is a celebratory one, in 2015 reading were fined 100k for a celebratory breach after defeating Bradford in the FA cup semi final although on appeal it was reduced to 40k. Sentencing and fine is based on a number of aspects, efforts made by the team in breach to prevent the intrusion, the nature of the breach and wether any player confrontation occurred and wether any player was placed in danger, and wether the club inquesationhas had any previous discipline breachesthese are aggravating factors, given the game was broadcast live on Sky and is part of the EFLs end of season show piece its highly likely both clubs will be asked as a minimum to provide accounts for the breach of rule E.20 under rule E.21and following review of the referees report, should the FA feel at that point they are unsatisfied with either clubs response they may choose to instigate full disciplinary proceedings. They may equally choose not to request accounts. Clearly this decision is down to the FA and in no way am I insinuating that any account has been requested or will be requested, I am simply explaining the rules!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 21:28 by Bored rover.

MoanerLesser
onetwothreeoleary (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 22:56
If true then I am darned sure Cooper would be raising this with the FA to try and get game replayed. Not a word from him. Or anyone else on social media. Or perhaps Goosed can point us at some factual evidence . I am sure Sky would have replayed any attacks. And news items on the topic would abound.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 23:14
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
If true then I am darned sure Cooper would be raising this with the FA to try and get game replayed. Not a word from him. Or anyone else on social media. Or perhaps Goosed can point us at some factual evidence . I am sure Sky would have replayed any attacks. And news items on the topic would abound.
have u not read what norwood said or dont u beleive him either ?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 May, 2019 23:45
Quote:
goosed
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333

Are you not happy that we won then? Because all you've commented on is this.

Stewsydney
Stewsydney (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 06:30
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
goosed
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333

Are you not happy that we won then? Because all you've commented on is this.

Goosed is our very own Private Fraser, Dooooooomed ,we are all doooomed (Sm157)

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 07:12
Facts are on Norwoods twitter. Eye witness view by the man himself

pez
pez (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 08:26
It was probably a little slap rather than a full force punch, however it's still an assault on their player.

If there was any concrete evidence, you can bet your mortgage that Cooper would be allover it.

It tarnishes our club and needs to be stamped out.

Why can't people just be happy that we've smashed our FGR demons and won, instead of acting like thugs.

As well as giving the club a bad name, it also tarnishes Birkenhead, especially in a televised game.

Hope these morons are identified and dealt with accordingly.

Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 08:29
Pretty clear it did happen if you read Nors’ tweet. But there’s no evidence it was “some” fans. Appears to have been one mindless idiot. Inexcusable behaviour rightly condemned but no grounds for smearing SWA in general. Interesting the story wasn’t taken up by FGR or their local press. Indeed FGR fans complained rather more about the over enthusiastic security presence at their end of the ground.

Hopefully the culprit will be suitably dealt with and our fans’ reputation restored.

MoanerLesser

15 May, 2019 08:55
There are certain mindless so called Tranmere fans at every game. And Norwood mentioned one incident not 'some' . and not even that the supporter was a Tranmere one. Is there a tweet from the punched player? I don't think it was sensible to use Twitter for this anyway.

And as hoots said, where is the "well done" post.

gary anderson

15 May, 2019 09:03
Agree the idiot should be identified and banned as we don't want that sort of moron tarnishing the good name of the SWA .but now as said let's get on with celebrating we are back at wembley and fingers crossed promotion .well done to mm and staff for another great season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 09:04 by gary anderson.

MoanerLesser

15 May, 2019 10:18
Quote:
gary anderson
Agree the idiot should be identified and banned as we don't want that sort of moron tarnishing the good name of the SWA .but now as said let's get on with celebrating we are back at wembley and fingers crossed promotion .well done to mm and staff for another great season

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 10:31
If you look elsewhere, it appears that some know who he is and he has previous but they won't identify or grass him!

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 10:52
Also saw fgr players attacking fans, so who knows who instigated what.

Norwood was a bit too mardy for my liking tbh

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 11:35
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Also saw fgr players attacking fans, so who knows who instigated what.
Norwood

was a bit too mardy for my liking tbh

Norwood and the Forest Green players should have been on the pitch. The fans shouldn't so they were the ones in the wrong.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 12:59
Pitch invasions are a part of football culture.

Have no problems with them.

Players need to remember why they are able to make a living playing the sport

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 13:21
Quote:
mrGr33n13

They are against the law.

So all of this is ''the players fault''? Amazing. Astonishing, What are you going to condone our morons doing next?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 13:35
Quote:
mrGr33n13

Sorry I totally disagree with this.As we saw earlier this season a pitch invasion can potentially put players at serious risk.Whether one or more spectators it is inappropriate behaviour and I certainly hope those involved are banned.
That said it seems from the FGR forum that stewarding is poor both in terms of the number and the response and that may explain the host clubs silence as they in part culpable.
Condemning the incident has nothing to do with celebrating a superb win.Stupid behaviour exposes the club to redress and silly behaviour harms the club.For those who care about the club it is right and proper that the behaviour is condemned and that those with knowledge cooperate with the club

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 13:41
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
mrGr33n13

They are against the law.

So all of this is ''the players fault''? Amazing. Astonishing, What are you going to condone our morons doing next?

Hoots. MrGr33n13 is simply a slightly (and only slightly) more eloquent Baldy, who posts ridiculous comments purely to annoy more reasoned posters. I gave up reading his dirge ages ago. He won't give up now someone has risen to the bait. Please don't give him the satisfaction of goading you or virtually everyone else in this thread who didn't like the pitch invasion.

gary anderson

15 May, 2019 13:46
What a stupid ignorant coments am sure he just said it to get a reaction .welly reaction is grow up you idiot and if ypu do condone fans running on pitch attacking players then your realy not playing with a full deck and your just as guilty as the dick heads that do it .also are you baldy mrk 2 .

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 14:51
See Nors has deleted the the post on twitter

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 15:16
Time to wrap this thread up I think, and concentrate on the positive.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 16:22
Quote:
mill park white
Time to wrap this thread up I think, and concentrate on the positive.
amen to that

gary anderson

15 May, 2019 16:26
Yes good call .the positives and there are plenty of them

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 16:37
It's telling Nora has deleted the tweet.

No-one knows what happened. I've seen a video of fgr players wading into kids on the pitch.

I like a celebratory pitch invasion. It's all done in good spirits and high jinx. Even when bury fans do it on our pitch.

I'm glad the game isn't so sanitised and devoid of passion that a pitch invasion is looked down upon by all.

Hail hail

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 17:57
In the news tonight Glostershire police have confirmed that after reviewing cctv they can see no assault took place. No complaints have also been made by the club or any player.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 18:05
Quote:
Uptonrover
In the news tonight Glostershire police have confirmed that after reviewing cctv they can see no assault took place. No complaints have also been made by the club or any player.
thanks Uptonrover surely we can leave the negatives behind and be positive and enjoy our current highs.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 21:15
''I've seen a video of fgr players wading into kids on the pitch. ''

Show us it then.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:17
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Show us it then.

It’s in the same filing cabinet as Robbie Fowler’s shares, Emile Heskeys contract and The co tract for Chinese investment in the club!

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:19
A bit rich from Nors who deliberately walked in front of the FGR fans with his MOM award and a big grin on his face having also celebrated in front of them when scoring. He should think before putting anything on social media.
All the blame lies with FGR who's stewards should have stopped the invasion. I was in the stand and looking forward to cheering the players off as they exited the pitch but was denied that.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:27
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
A bit rich from Nors who deliberately walked in front of the FGR fans with his MOM award and a big grin on his face having also celebrated in front of them when scoring. He should think before putting anything on social media.
All the blame lies with FGR who's stewards should have stopped the invasion. I was in the stand and looking forward to cheering the players off as they exited the pitch but was denied that.

Sorry.Totally disagree.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 22:59
Quote:
Prenton Pirate

The team came back out after the fans subsided. I have to say that I don’t really rate invading the pitch but their stewards practically begged the fans to by opening the gate where I was!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:20
A pitch invasion purely for celebratory reasons is okay, but if the behaviour then extends to any forms of violence, damage to fixtures and fittings or verbal abuse then it isn't.

One of the worst was the one at Brighton's old Goldstone Ground where some fans badly damaged one of the goals and it brought shame on the club. It even got referenced on Match Of The Day and that was just a premier league edition, not an FA cup one.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:24
My Seagull supporting mate says his gran took some Goldstone turf home and put it in her garden after their last game before it was demolished

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:30
If you watch old editions of the Big Match, every game was accompanied by a pitch invasion at the final whistle. At Goodison they had to avoid being decapitated by flying cushions thrown from the top balcony, frisbee style.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2019 23:35
There was a Goodison one in 1977 I believe, as I know someone who was there when it happened, but as for the team and the nature of the result, I couldn't regail anyone with that.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 00:04
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Show us it then.

It’s in the same filing cabinet as Robbie Fowler’s shares, Emile Heskeys contract and The co tract for Chinese investment in the club!

Just search twitter for videos meant to show Tranmere fans punching FGR players.

They show FGR players jumping in on groups of teenage swa.

The police have searched footage and CCTV and state that no assault happened. No player made a complaint. And all there was referring to a punch is a now deleted Norwood tweet.

Who knows what he saw and how he misinterpreted it.

It was a good natured pitch invasion and theres not a shred of evidence to say otherwise

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 10:11
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Show us it then.

Just search twitter for videos meant to show Tranmere fans punching FGR players.

The police have searched footage and CCTV and state that no assault happened. No player made a complaint. And all there was referring to a punch is a now deleted Norwood tweet.

It was a good natured pitch invasion and theres not a shred of evidence to say otherwise

I don't have Twitter.

16 May, 2019 10:40
Anyone remember when we stayed up by the skin of our teeth against Stockport? Pretty embarrassing pitch invasion and destruction of goalposts by some oafish TRFC 'supporters' on that day...

But I agree - lets concentrate on the footie and our big day out for the third season in a row.

COYWB!!!

MoanerLesser

16 May, 2019 12:04
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Show us it then.

I don't have Twitter.

You don't need to 'have Twitter". You can search and view without being a menber. For example, Google Twitter Tranmere Rovers

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

16 May, 2019 12:50
yet again its people just looking to see the bad in their own fans again. guilty until proven innocent yet again.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 11:07
Gloucestershire Constabulary said: “There were initial concerns that someone had made their way onto the pitch and made contact with a player following the final whistle at The New Lawn stadium on Monday evening.

“However CCTV was reviewed and there was seen to be no physical contact or act of aggression.

“On the night we had no reports of an assault and we have since been in contact with Forest Green Rovers to clarify whether any other incidents took place.

End of.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net