Latest news:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
MoanerLesser
BoredWithFicklePosters-Goodbye
14 May, 2019 11:49
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Bye the way Rudedoig we possess a horde of fans hourding is what you do in your pathetic mind ,hourding nasty stupid thoughts about other people ,what you said or insinuated about HKR is a disgrace ,as the saying goes SWA .ignore it and it might go away

The initial post was reported so hopefully no more abusive posts.

MoanerLesser
14 May, 2019 11:58
This is beginning to feel like 1988 onwards again. Great overall performance . Still think we could do with someone like Cook to partner Norwood to take the burden off him. Should be a good game against Newport .

ADD
ADD
14 May, 2019 12:13
Well that was an awesome display - aside from the goal which yes it bounced awkwardly but Davies should have saved - they had no other chances of note. I certainly was not expecting that and the boys closed it out easily which we can't often say about Tranmere!! Don't care what Cooper thinks 9 men and all that - what about Doidge elbow - 9 against 9 we would have won anyhow! This team last night looked like it was capable of playing in L1 and doing well and if we do win at Wembley maybe Nors and Monthe will be tempted to stay?
Just also to agree how well Harris has played recently. Personally I thought he was immense today - apart from getting skinned by Williams once he was faultless and I would have given him MOM even tho Nors was again excellent.
Finally fair play to MM - I have not always been convinced by his tactics this season especially in that poor run in November/ December but last night he got it spot on with Jennings playing more forward and giving Nors more support and a good substitution when Gilmour was brought on. Roll on the 25th - we can do this!!!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 May, 2019 12:36
There were a couple of moment where Harris had the opposition in his target then thought better at the last second. Harris deserves another year at least to just have around in the squad. FGR were simply outclassed. Other than their goal, what exactly did Scotty have to do over two games?? Not much.

Kentexile
Kentexile
14 May, 2019 13:16
Well, that was quite good wasn't it.

Struggling with my MoTM. Scotty had nothing much to do, so he's not a candidate. But take your pick from any of the other ten who started - every single one of them could make a case for it. And that's no disrespect to Gilmour who had a very decent 20-odd minutes.

WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY AGAIN !!!!!

MoanerLesser
14 May, 2019 13:50
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Apparently, major news in the tabloids is Mr Dean from the Wirrall (sic) celebrating. Oh and by the way Tranmere won.

And many of those commenting on it still refuse to believe that Mike is a Tranmere supporter.

Apparently a spurs fan..... I just found it annoying that a lot of the headlines were about Mike celebrating and not Tranmere winning. And the commentators on Sky seemed to be a tad biased towards FGR based on their comments. Guess they preferred a fairytale rise of a club to happen.

Kentexile
Kentexile
14 May, 2019 14:01
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Apparently, major news in the tabloids is Mr Dean from the Wirrall (sic) celebrating. Oh and by the way Tranmere won.

And many of those commenting on it still refuse to believe that Mike is a Tranmere supporter.

Apparently a spurs fan..... I just found it annoying that a lot of the headlines were about Mike celebrating and not Tranmere winning. And the commentators on Sky seemed to be a tad biased towards FGR based on their comments. Guess they preferred a fairytale rise of a club to happen.

Yes, except for Ryan Lowe who once again was very fair towards us

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
14 May, 2019 14:15
I've been very impressed with Ridehalgh over the last few weeks, a number of SWA where not happy with his performances but like Jay I believe he has come on leaps and bounds. Yet again full credit to MM must be given. I thought Zoom would make that position his but Liam has proved me wrong! Let's hope he lasts longer in this years final!!!!

Summerlander
Summerlander
14 May, 2019 17:56
What an absolutely fantastic game! I'm still on cloud nine that we're off to our second home for the third successive year.
I must admit though that I held my breath in the first half when I saw Jay and the FGR player go head on for the same ball in midfield and their player seemed to come off worse. Memories of Ridehalgh flashed through my mind, but this was a different referee and I was relieved that no cards were brought out. Keep the faith!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 May, 2019 22:29
Just watched the game again on telly(much more relaxed) one thing I noticed more was the Sky commentators bigging up FGR whether it was their record or the size of the club or the fact it was a small club on the hill etc.It was like FGR love in.On top of that going on about our time wasting ,shows you they most likely not seen FGR play before perhaps they after all are past masters of time wasting and play acting etc.

MoanerLesser
14 May, 2019 23:00
Quote:
BELMONT
Just watched the game again on telly(much more relaxed) one thing I noticed more was the Sky commentators bigging up FGR whether it was their record or the size of the club or the fact it was a small club on the hill etc.It was like FGR love in.On top of that going on about our time wasting ,shows you they most likely not seen FGR play before perhaps they after all are past masters of time wasting and play acting etc.

I agree, as that was also the sentiment in my post. Thank goodness I won't have to listen to that sort of bias at Wembley. Ryan was ok as he is neutral and not a sky employee.

Cybertron
Cybertron
14 May, 2019 23:09
Quote:
sparky100
I've been very impressed with Ridehalgh over the last few weeks, a number of SWA where not happy with his performances but like Jay I believe he has come on leaps and bounds. Yet again full credit to MM must be given. I thought Zoom would make that position his but Liam has proved me wrong! Let's hope he lasts longer in this years final!!!!
They have both been excellent towards the end of the season, their professionalism in keeping themselves fit and ready to step up is a credit to them.

kennyspint
kennyspint
14 May, 2019 23:25
Quote:
ADD
Well that was an awesome display - aside from the goal which yes it bounced awkwardly but Davies should have saved - they had no other chances of note. I certainly was not expecting that and the boys closed it out easily which we can't often say about Tranmere!! Don't care what Cooper thinks 9 men and all that - what about Doidge elbow - 9 against 9 we would have won anyhow! This team last night looked like it was capable of playing in L1 and doing well and if we do win at Wembley maybe Nors and Monthe will be tempted to stay?
Just also to agree how well Harris has played recently. Personally I thought he was immense today - apart from getting skinned by Williams once he was faultless and I would have given him MOM even tho Nors was again excellent.
Finally fair play to MM - I have not always been convinced by his tactics this season especially in that poor run in November/ December but last night he got it spot on with Jennings playing more forward and giving Nors more support and a good substitution when Gilmour was brought on. Roll on the 25th - we can do this!!!
+1

kennyspint
kennyspint
14 May, 2019 23:26
Quote:
sparky100
+1

Kentexile
Kentexile
15 May, 2019 08:41
Quote:
kennyspint
Quote:
sparky100
+1
+2 - both Rides and Harris have come though really strongly in the 2nd half of the season. At the start of the year I expect both to be squad players who would fade away, but they've become a massive part of what the team has achieved.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.