football
Latest News:
 

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

FGR forum
11 May, 2019 09:31
I have just been reading the forest green rovers fans forum pages online and the majority of their fans ( what fans) are slagging off gavin gunning and saying they hope he does not play for them again after getting sent off. also quite a lot of their fans are saying james Norwood should of been sent off for 2 fouls including an elbow ( I think it is very sour grapes). also many of their fans seemed happy at losing 1-0 as after playing for 75 minutes with 10 men they thought they would get hammered. I say - lets wipe the smile off their faces on Monday and send dale vince back to were he came from.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 10:06
To be fair mate, I can see where they are coming from. It did feel like a draw for me and I’m sure MM would have been expecting a goal or two more. If the shoe was on the other foot, I know I’d have been happy with that result in the circumstances. It’s certainly not over yet, although it should have been. Fair dos to FGR they held out well and played some decent football at times. I wish them well and for a sadistic reason quite enjoy the fact that they appear to be our nemesis. Even with a one man advantage we still seem to struggle against them and it did at the end of the day, take goal line technology to give us a slight advantage going into the next leg.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: FGR foru
11 May, 2019 10:32
Norwood could have been sent off for that bad challenge in the first 10 mins ,not even booked ,Norwood did not look to well last night looked washed out and Lethargic not his usual self ,FGR definitely our Nemesis we would struggle if only the keeper was left hard to explain why but it happens

 
Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 10:38
That sounds about right, Norwood could easily have been sent off (but so could doidge), I think if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be pretty pleased escaping with only a 1 goal deficit going into the home leg after having played 75mins with 10 men

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 11:19
Quote:
aktrfc
To be fair mate, I can see where they are coming from. It did feel like a draw for me and I’m sure MM would have been expecting a goal or two more. If the shoe was on the other foot, I know I’d have been happy with that result in the circumstances. It’s certainly not over yet, although it should have been. Fair dos to FGR they held out well and played some decent football at times. I wish them well and for a sadistic reason quite enjoy the fact that they appear to be our nemesis. Even with a one man advantage we still seem to struggle against them and it did at the end of the day, take goal line technology to give us a slight advantage going into the next leg.

Goal line technology simply confirmed it was a legitimate goal .... It prevented referee and linesmen from making a pig's ear of a decision. Which looked likely given play continued.

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 11:30
When there player got sent off they changes to “lets get home with least amount of damage” as would any team. Unfortunately we didnt take our chances but at least we take something down there to defend and hopefully build on. Manny was amazing and as said Jay had a great first half. Until FGR made their first sub they were there for the taking. Wouldnt mind same officials for Monday. Mark Cooper insulting a woman in the paddock and her husband waiting for a word was interesting. Although Cooper giving it the big one once he was on the safety of the coach....

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 11:53
,
Cooper is one of the most obnoxious characters in football. The Norwood offence was probably worth a yellow but nothing more.The Doidge one was a clear red for there was premeditated intent. I thought it was laughable that the BT commentators seemed to think that it depended on the degree of hurt inflicted.
My feeling was that Norwood was almost too intense last night against his own club.At his best this season he has been composed whereas last night he seemed to be snatching at chances rather than measured.
It may be less of a problem at a more sedate FGR ground



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 11:54 by DevonExile.

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 12:19
Well to be fair, Nors should of gone and to be fair to him I think he knew it leaving his own face in the floor for a few extra seconds, can’t belive he never saw any card for it. I’m not so sure on the penalty I’d be happy with it and miffed to concede it. But on the other hand we had a stonewaller denied for handball, Doidge should have walked and they missed a few guilt edge chances to make it one a piece, given they are better away then home it’s a good result to be taking a lead down there, and our away form definitely improved second half of the campaign. They haven’t scored in over 180minutes now too.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 12:26
Quote:
Bored rover
Well to be fair, Nors should of gone and to be fair to him I think he knew it leaving his own face in the floor for a few extra seconds, can’t belive he never saw any card for it. I’m not so sure on the penalty I’d be happy with it and miffed to concede it. But on the other hand we had a stonewaller denied for handball, Doidge should have walked and they missed a few guilt edge chances to make it one a piece, given they are better away then home it’s a good result to be taking a lead down there, and our away form definitely improved second half of the campaign. They haven’t scored in over 180minutes now too.

Except the last few, Oldham and Crawley. Ok at Lincoln. We need to book our ideas up for the second leg. I’ve just got 2 tickets online, although it said you can only buy 1 on the website, it let me get them. Thought they might have all gone by now, but no problems getting them. Anyone know how many we have sold

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 12:44
Heard we are getting an extra 300 in a temporary stand if we sell out

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 13:26
Quote:
DevonExile
,
Cooper is one of the most obnoxious characters in football. The Norwood offence was probably worth a yellow but nothing more.The Doidge one was a clear red for there was premeditated intent. I thought it was laughable that the BT commentators seemed to think that it depended on the degree of hurt inflicted.
My feeling was that Norwood was almost too intense last night against his own club.At his best this season he has been composed whereas last night he seemed to be snatching at chances rather than measured.
It may be less of a problem at a more sedate FGR ground



It was on Sky not BT.But to be fair to them,quite a few of the refs we have had this season seem to use the ''degree of hurt ''formula. I thought last nights' ref was fine by the way.

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: FGR forum
11 May, 2019 21:55
Quote:
aktrfc
To be fair mate, I can see where they are coming from. It did feel like a draw for me and I’m sure MM would have been expecting a goal or two more. If the shoe was on the other foot, I know I’d have been happy with that result in the circumstances. It’s certainly not over yet, although it should have been. Fair dos to FGR they held out well and played some decent football at times. I wish them well and for a sadistic reason quite enjoy the fact that they appear to be our nemesis. Even with a one man advantage we still seem to struggle against them and it did at the end of the day, take goal line technology to give us a slight advantage going into the next leg.

The glt just proved that it was a goal. We weren't awarded a free gift!!!!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?