Latest news:

tactics for 2nd leg on monday v FGR
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 11 May, 2019 09:09
the baldy one
the baldy one
11 May, 2019 09:09
I honestly think we need to score on Monday otherwise we will lose. I am 95 per cent certain they will score so we will need to aswell. we need to play the game as if the tie starts at 0-0, if we play for a draw we will end up in the sticky brown stuff. if we score I am certain they will not get 3 so we need to be on the front foot from the start and put them to bed. with our ex player gavin gunning getting sent off he will now be wearing suspenders for the 2nd leg - which is good from our point of view as he is one of the their best defenders. do not forget aswell - forest green rovers have got a much better away record than home record this season so there is no reason if we play to our strengths we cannot get a good result. my prediction for Monday is a 1-1 draw.

Bored rover
Bored rover
11 May, 2019 12:21
Exactly the same, thought we did well first 15 got in there faces put some niggle on them, they couldn’t hack it one red and one that should have been. I think the red through our game plan more than there’s looked like we’d spent all week training to be FGR.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 May, 2019 13:04
Pass the ball to a white shirt

Uglybob
Uglybob
11 May, 2019 13:31
Attack is the best form of defence . Get at them from the off , don't give them time on the ball and press them hard . Whatever we do we can't sit deep for 90 minutes guarding a 1-0 advantage cos sooner or later they'll break through . Take the game to them and show them who we are . Wembley beckons .

rossb07
rossb07
11 May, 2019 14:15
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Pass the ball to a white shirt
#
We did that for the goal that ensured we won the match last night.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 May, 2019 15:03
Give them a taste of their own medicine and hit the deck from the first whistle!!
That said i dont think we were that far off with last nights tactics. Other than scoring another goal or two, at least for the first 45 mins FGR couldnt cope with the pressing game

DevonExile
DevonExile
11 May, 2019 16:30
They are dangerous down the flanks so we will need cover in front of our full backs. If we play too narrow we could be punished. Agree that we cannot sit back but of Norwood is fully firing we are good on the break and do not need to be too gung rash I know that it can be said that attack is the best form of defence but so is possession. At our best we can do this well but there are times when we give the ball away too cheaply. If Banks et al have one of those games where they are concentrated we can get a result.
I do not see last night as a win,in a two legged game we are merely leading

MoanerLesser
BoredWithFicklePosters-Goodbye
11 May, 2019 19:12
Prevent them from scoring.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
11 May, 2019 20:58
Approach it as if it was a league game - try and win but we'll take a draw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.