football
Latest News:
 

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 09:51
Morning...

What’s everyone’s thoughts/Predictions on this one?

We know what to expect from them lot time wasting etc etc need to keep our focus

Keep Doidge quiet and personally think we can come away with a positive result

I’m going 2-0 (Norwood & Banks)

#SWA

 
trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 10:10
FGR are really useful on away from home, I think it’s going to be close, just hope we manage the game, we know what there all about.Get support around Norwood upfront, I think 2-1

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 10:23
Apart from the teams a lot will depend on how the ref performs.
If he is suckered by their time wasting and cheating it could be a long night.Who remembers the keeper and his injured leg? Awful acting but they got away with it.
On tactics, the marauding runs on the left by the full back need to be dealt with more effectively.Result 2-1 .

 
gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 10:36
Well we all know what a cheating time wasting nasty team they are .they will come and do the same so 0.0 or 1.0 to us .but at there place they will have to come out so recon we can do them on the break like that time we won 2.0 there .so it's about how boring and spoiling there gonna be and how mm deals with it. but recon over two legs we got it in us to be at Wembley for the final

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 12:10
A leopard never change its spots .they might be a horrible Nasty team but they get the result when they need to .sorry but over the 2legs they will beat us and Mansfield to win it ,. No one will rejoice more than me if I am wrong but injuries and being off the boil lately will be our downfall ,but after the last 2nights football it shows you never know,even Newport could sneak it as well .just one of my horrible feelings..wonderful season .no complaints what will be will be fine

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 12:31
Can't read too much into the current form guide, especially as some of our 'dropped points' have been highly creditable draws against the top two in games in which we played OK. Ignore Crawley too.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat FGR but I do think the promoted team will come from the other semi. Mansfield (despite a run of three straight defeats, incidentally) and Newport (formidable in a one-off game, as their cup record over the last couple of years shows) have been particularly tough nuts for us to crack this season.

Narrow win tomorrow night, backed up with a draw on Monday.

 
Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 12:54
We're going to get promoted.

3-1 for Friday

1-1 away

Newport in the final with a 2-0 win for the Mersey White Socks.

 
Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 13:33
I am going for a 3-0 home win to Tranmere and then a 1-1 draw at Forest Green next Monday. Newport and Tranmere at Wembley in the EFL League 2 Playoff Final.


Keep the Faith

 
Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 14:38
Just wanna win.

Don't care how.

Just wanna win.

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 15:41
Quote:
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
Just wanna win.
Don't care how.

Just wanna win.
+1

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 15:59
Really need this rain to stop or we wont be worrying!

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 17:32
Hard say. Depends on what has been learned from the game a few weeks back.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 21:27
I would be very happy for us to win in ugly FGR style. Sadly, I think we are off the boil at the present and I fear that tomorrow could be similar to our recent games against them .But oh how I hope that I am wrong

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 21:42
How are we off the boil btw? That’s a genuine question, not a sly comment.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 21:56
I would suggest on Devon’s side 2wins in 7 games would hint at a slide .not off the boil , more gas failing to light .

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 22:23
Hmmm. The other five included three draws (two away) that few teams in this league would sniff at and a defeat with a fringe team in a nothing game.

I'd suggest we're no more off the boil than anyone else in these playoffs.

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 22:58
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I would suggest on Devon’s side 2wins in 7 games would hint at a slide .not off the boil , more gas failing to light .

Seems unless we win every game, we are not performing. It is the playoffs. Anything can happen.

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
09 May, 2019 23:04
Yes brilliant against champions Lincoln and a lot of chances against FGR. Friday maybe we will maybe we wont but lets go for it SWA Tequila

 
bumhobo33
bumhobo33 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 02:57
Good luck tranmere from the states. Been a hell of a year already, what an ending another playoff promotion would be.

 
Aussiepete
Aussiepete (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 03:01
I found out earlier this week that this game is live on T.V. over here in Oz (beIN Sports2 for any Aussie fans). So, it's a 4:30am Saturday morning kick-off for me, and then after the win straight to golf. C'mon the Rovers - with the S.W.A in full voice and backing the lads, I'm hoping for a two goal cushion for the away leg.

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 06:31
D



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 06:33 by Uptonrover.

 
paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 11:36
to be fair we could have been 3 up at home to bury if we had taken our chances, so we can do it but FGR will do what it says on the tin and try to frustrate us with any manner of tricks crowd will need to be patient

 
Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 13:48
Match day! Get yourself to Prenton Park for the last time this season... whatever the result it’s been an excellent season but we haven’t f*cking finished yet 👍🏻

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 13:58
C'mon Tranmere! lets have this f*cking FGR lot.

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 14:45
Noise from start to finish please

 
Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:19
Get in there, what a goal from banks

 
Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:27
Forest green down to 10 men.... we need to take advantage of that.... hey 3 or 4 goals..
come on Tranmere

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:39
Can’t afford to let them off the hook .more pace needed ,to casual

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:39
Too many missed half chances already, they’ll be made up to keep it to 1-0. We need another 2 or 3 here, got to up the intensity like first 15.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:42
1 up at half time,,Good tempo from Rovers in that opening 45 mins,,What a goal too, an absolute cracker! Good job for goal line technology...The sending off was the correct decision, he lashed out.. The ref has been decent...How hasn't Nors scored in that 1st half? He has had about 4 good chances..Harris looking busy and industrious and ive been impressed with Caprice coming down the right hand side. I don't think anything is gonna get past Manny tonight..The FGR left back, Mills looks decent...Cmon Rovers, lets add to the scoresheet in 2nd half..

 
Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:48
Good first half, nors needs to be careful as he could easily have been off with 2 yellows

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:51
Quote:
Tranmere Tinker
Good first half, nors needs to be careful as he could easily have been off with 2 yellows

yes, he was fired up early on and going in heavy in that opening 10 mins.

 
Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 20:51
Second half begins..... come on Rovers(Sm152)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 20:52 by Shaumbra.

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 21:41
Good result, imperative we didn’t loose the game. 90 minutes to go and all we have to do is keep a clean sheet.

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 21:48
The side looked a bit jaded. Pitch seemed to cause problems. Thankful for win but couldn't tell who had the ten men. Hope for a better performance on Monday.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:01
Sorry guys really poor against 10 man the times we gave the ball away was really poor their keeper had a few minor saves to make and that was it ,great chance for at least the final not taken so come Monday we wii pay for it ,the goals have dried up another problem ,out the 4teams we are the poorest I’m afraid .but full credit to FGR they defended superbly and if you still wonder why they always come out on top it’s simple they are better than us and better organised and a more astute manager ,we were to slow played to the pace they wanted us to ,no zip no go just backwards/forwards then the misplaced pass

 
rover87
rover87 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:02
Thought they looked a very solid unit with ten men, we didn’t cause them enough problems and looked like we ran out of ideas, hope we dont rue those missed chances

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:02
So we take a slender lead into 2nd leg, frustrating 2nd half from Rovers and FGR did very well in 2nd half with the 10 men..as ever with 10 men, a team become more focused and determined..they defended very well and with many bodies playing in front of their defence to protect them..i thought we were better in first half..just hope those Nors misses in the opening half doesn't cost us.. Doidge lucky to stay on pitch early in second half with his elbow, after having his penalty appeal turned down.. we really could have done with that 2nd goal though...Cmon Rovers , we can do this, lets go down there on Monday and get the result we need.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:02
Before the game I would have taken that but it was a frustrating performance with a lack of guile and imagination. Despite being against ten not once did we get behind their defenders.
Although we had most of the possession there was enough there to suggest that both our full backs could be stretched at their ground..
At least we have got a monkey off our back getting a first win against them and hopefully we will have a sharper edge on Monday.
I do not go with the argument that playing 10 can be harder most times it is a great advantage but we have a lead and that is an advantage

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:06
We were better in the first half and with those Nors chances in the opening 45 mins we could have gone into the break more than 1 up...

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:17
We won, they played with 10 men behind the ball and we couldn’t break through for the 2nd. Again, we won and I’ll be there on Monday when we get to see them chasing a game for once.

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:17
Quote:
DevonExile
Before the game I would have taken that but it was a frustrating performance with a lack of guile and imagination. Despite being against ten not once did we get behind their defenders.
Although we had most of the possession there was enough there to suggest that both our full backs could be stretched at their ground..
At least we have got a monkey off our back getting a first win against them and hopefully we will have a sharper edge on Monday.
I do not go with the argument that playing 10 can be harder most times it is a great advantage but we have a lead and that is an advantage

Hang on we take a 1-0 into leg 2!! Playing against ten men is extremely difficult especially when they put a bank of 5 and 4 in front of us which makes it near impossible to “get in behind them”. You can only play if the opposing side allow you to. We had 20 plus shots on goal can hardly say we lacked guile! I was thinking during he game typical Rovers fans starting to moan.

Anyone forgotten we won a playoff final playing 100 minutes inc injury time with 10!

Very strong position going into the second leg, they have to score to win, we don’t!

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:22
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
DevonExile
Before the game I would have taken that but it was a frustrating performance with a lack of guile and imagination. Despite being against ten not once did we get behind their defenders.
Although we had most of the possession there was enough there to suggest that both our full backs could be stretched at their ground..
At least we have got a monkey off our back getting a first win against them and hopefully we will have a sharper edge on Monday.
I do not go with the argument that playing 10 can be harder most times it is a great advantage but we have a lead and that is an advantage

Hang on we take a 1-0 into leg 2!! Playing against ten men is extremely difficult especially when they put a bank of 5 and 4 in front of us which makes it near impossible to “get in behind them”. You can only play if the opposing side allow you to. We had 20 plus shots on goal can hardly say we lacked guile! I was thinking during he game typical Rovers fans starting to moan.

Anyone forgotten we won a playoff final playing 100 minutes inc injury time with 10!

Very strong position going into the second leg, they have to score to win, we don’t!

+1

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:36
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Sorry guys really poor against 10 man the times we gave the ball away was really poor their keeper had a few minor saves to make and that was it ,great chance for at least the final not taken so come Monday we wii pay for it ,the goals have dried up another problem ,out the 4teams we are the poorest I’m afraid .but full credit to FGR they defended superbly and if you still wonder why they always come out on top it’s simple they are better than us and better organised and a more astute manager ,we were to slow played to the pace they wanted us to ,no zip no go just backwards/forwards then the misplaced pass

Which team do you support? Because its definitely not us.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:36
Mark Cooper in his post match interview was adamant that they should have had a penalty early in second half when Doidge went down under the Manny challenge, Cooper also stated that Manny should have been sent off because of it..the way I saw it, was that Manny MIGHT have just clipped him but Doidge was always gonna take a tumble, but as for Cooper wanting Manny red carded for it, you can F*CK RIGHT OFF WITH THAT COOPER! But no comment from Cooper about Doidges elbow 2 minutes later.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 23:02 by hong kong rover.

 
Summerlander
Summerlander (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:38
Okay,so they were down to 10 men but remember we were down to ten at Wembley last year and still managed a win. Forget 11 v 10, who wouldn't have taken a 1-0 cushion prior to today's match. Any tie now puts us through and even a 2-1 loss sends us to Wembley. Have belief. Monday's game will present different tactics and may well afford us a few more clear cut chances, especially if we could grab an early goal.
Today FGR played very well and blocked a lot of shots plus Sir James had poor finishes. On Monday our defence needs to be sharp, but I do believe we'll get our chances too.
No way they can keep Nors and Jennings from scoring. Incidentally BBC have re-named him Oliver Norwood.

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:41
Quote:
Summerlander
Okay,so they were down to 10 men but remember we were down to ten at Wembley last year and still managed a win. Forget 11 v 10, who wouldn't have taken a 1-0 cushion prior to today's match. Any tie now puts us through and even a 2-1 loss sends us to Wembley. Have belief. Monday's game will present different tactics and may well afford us a few more clear cut chances, especially if we could grab an early goal.
Today FGR played very well and blocked a lot of shots plus Sir James had poor finishes. On Monday our defence needs to be sharp, but I do believe we'll get our chances too.
No way they can keep Nors and Jennings from scoring. Incidentally BBC have re-named him Oliver Norwood.

I agree in principle but there’s no away his ruling, a 2-1 loss would take it to ET.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:46
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Sorry guys really poor against 10 man the times we gave the ball away was really poor their keeper had a few minor saves to make and that was it ,great chance for at least the final not taken so come Monday we wii pay for it ,the goals have dried up another problem ,out the 4teams we are the poorest I’m afraid .but full credit to FGR they defended superbly and if you still wonder why they always come out on top it’s simple they are better than us and better organised and a more astute manager ,we were to slow played to the pace they wanted us to ,no zip no go just backwards/forwards then the misplaced pass

Could've sworn we just won?

Very sloppy in final third tonight but it's still a 50/50 tie now in my book. Should've been 70/30 at least, mind. A very different game to come on Monday.

 
Summerlander
Summerlander (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 22:49
Thanks Ross, Guess I'm caught up with all of the of the other scintillating games played this week. Oh well any win or tie will do us. Keep the faith. SWA.

 
mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 23:04
There was a sense of disappointment at the final whistle- it was a great chance to put this tie to bed. Our passing was off tonight, too many sideways balls, and even more frustrating, balls played just behind players moving forward. Jake and Liam in particular, had lots of possession but just didn't have the quality to hurt them. Nors didn't get anywhere near enough support up front.

But at the end of the day, it's a 1-0 win. And we can play much better.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 23:11
A decent result but there were enough chances to make it a bit more of a foregone conclusion. hopefully Tranmere can finish it off in the next match. A 0-0 or 1-1 scoreline will seal the deal and them without Gunning could play into Tranmere's hands.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
bumhobo33
bumhobo33 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 23:49
Shocking reactions here and elsewhere. Would think we lost 3-0! I for one am happy to be heading into the second leg up a goal, can't understand any other view. Hopefully just the vocal minority complaining, not a good look from the '"fans".

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
10 May, 2019 23:56
We won!It's not often we can say that when we play FGR.Banks goal was spectacular but thank God for goal line technology.It was no way a scintillating performance but we have a lead.Norwood looked a shadow of his normal self.He hobbled at the end and I hope he will be fit for Monday.I feel that he needs more support.He can't be the matchwinner every game.As for Monday they will have to attack and hopefully a few gaps might open up.I a!so thought that Manny was immense.Their defending was good.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 00:16
Yes we won but if you think it was a good performance I must have seen a different game and yes I praised FGR for their performance at least I am not blinkered I will give other teams credit where it’s due ,it did get fiesta at times but the ref had a decent game ,there was that much going on he could not spot everything if he had blown for every incident the game would never have finished ,if we were still playing at midnight we still would not have scored but actually passing to a white shirt might have done the trick

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 00:26
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes we won but if you think it was a good performance I must have seen a different game and yes I praised FGR for their performance at least I am not blinkered I will give other teams credit where it’s due ,it did get fiesta at times but the ref had a decent game ,there was that much going on he could not spot everything if he had blown for every incident the game would never have finished ,if we were still playing at midnight we still would not have scored but actually passing to a white shirt might have done the trick

Fiftyyearsaforestgreenrover,you are right about the ref having a decent game. But so negative about everything else as you almost always are.[Sighs]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 00:33 by Hoots Mon.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 00:43
I can't do imogis on here but hands up who would of took 1.0 this morning ?me me and me.ok against10 men where have we heard that before .listen 50 you didn't see us going up last season so your consistent .we all know it could of been better to nite but hey ho. Let's get positive eh.this is our beloved team come on swa

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 01:49
Keep a clean sheet or score at the lawn its wembley again. If not its the best season for five years

 
Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 03:58
Might have missed a chance not scoring at least a second. But have something to defend. Worrying seeing Nors limping at the end, with only two days to recover, especially with Mullin not on the bench. Manny outstanding, also Nelson & Harris.

 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 06:34
We clearly missed an opportunity to put this tie to bed, no question about that. And the reason, yet again (how many times have I said it), was our tempo (or lack of it). Yes, Forest Green parked the bus. Wouldn't you expect them to if you're down to 10 men after 15 minutes? But the tiki-taka sideways passing got us nowhere and that was why we came up short. Many of our lads had an 'average' game but it's pointless looking at the negatives. Manny was awesome yet again. Jay Harris had another good game, particularly in the first half. My glass is half-full this morning. I would have liked to have woken up to a 3-0 scoreline but football is not like that. We go into the second leg with a one-goal advantage. They'll need to have at go at us on Monday night and we'll hit them on the break. Really have faith that we can get to Wembley again. And Mark Cooper? His post-match interview says it all... A man of the Dark Arts. A chip off the old block. Remember his father, the infamous Terry Cooper at Leeds.. We have a good team of players, an experienced manager, Mr and Mrs P at the helm and die-hard fans. C'mon the Rovers! We can do this!

 
EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 06:58
Quote:
Gunslinger
We clearly missed an opportunity to put this tie to bed, no question about that. And the reason, yet again (how many times have I said it), was our tempo (or lack of it). Yes, Forest Green parked the bus. Wouldn't you expect them to if you're down to 10 men after 15 minutes? But the tiki-taka sideways passing got us nowhere and that was why we came up short. Many of our lads had an 'average' game but it's pointless looking at the negatives. Manny was awesome yet again. Jay Harris had another good game, particularly in the first half. My glass is half-full this morning. I would have liked to have woken up to a 3-0 scoreline but football is not like that. We go into the second leg with a one-goal advantage. They'll need to have at go at us on Monday night and we'll hit them on the break. Really have faith that we can get to Wembley again. And Mark Cooper? His post-match interview says it all... A man of the Dark Arts. A chip off the old block. Remember his father, the infamous Terry Cooper at Leeds.. We have a good team of players, an experienced manager, Mr and Mrs P at the helm and die-hard fans. C'mon the Rovers! We can do this!
.
Completely agree with Mr G's assessment. And I suspect your unused half empty glass is sitting next to a cracked crystal ball 🥃



Every ball's a white ball

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 09:15
Quote:
Gunslinger
We clearly missed an opportunity to put this tie to bed, no question about that. And the reason, yet again (how many times have I said it), was our tempo (or lack of it). Yes, Forest Green parked the bus. Wouldn't you expect them to if you're down to 10 men after 15 minutes? But the tiki-taka sideways passing got us nowhere and that was why we came up short. Many of our lads had an 'average' game but it's pointless looking at the negatives. Manny was awesome yet again. Jay Harris had another good game, particularly in the first half. My glass is half-full this morning. I would have liked to have woken up to a 3-0 scoreline but football is not like that. We go into the second leg with a one-goal advantage. They'll need to have at go at us on Monday night and we'll hit them on the break. Really have faith that we can get to Wembley again. And Mark Cooper? His post-match interview says it all... A man of the Dark Arts. A chip off the old block. Remember his father, the infamous Terry Cooper at Leeds.. We have a good team of players, an experienced manager, Mr and Mrs P at the helm and die-hard fans. C'mon the Rovers! We can do this!
+1 . Look at it this way - we beat a team whom we never seem to get a result against without playing anywhere near our full capabilities . Come Monday when our boys are up for it and firing we'll get another result . We're gonna dump that horrible , bullying , play acting side out of the cup . We're going to Wembley .

 
SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 09:37
I think Norwood was limping because he got caught by an FGR defender when having that half volley attempt near the end of the game. Hopefully nothing more than a bang that he can get over by Monday

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:16
I often joke about 50s negativity, usually on his pre match forecasts but there is no denying that this was a below par performance. When Manny decides to 'try a Kompany' (more than once)rather than pass to a forward, then you can see that the evening wasn't going as swimmingly as it could have. Norwood wasn't doing his usual chasing and looked a bit out of sorts. even caprice started shooting at goal rather than passing, and quite a few passes went astray. It's just how it was on the night and but for one inspired shot ......

It has been a hard season and to be honest, no surprise if the team looked a bit jaded. The pitch didn't seem to help with players slipping and miscontrolling ball.

FGR doing their usual time-wasting tactics didn't help.

Anyway, hopefully the fact FGR have been beaten will start a trend of winning against them.

Onto Monday.

I haven't checked yet but is the game being shown at Aldo's? For personal reasons I have to stay in Birkenhead.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:17
To me Norwood looked ill pasty faced a bit Lethargic definitely struggled and that kick he got at the end really hurt ,usually he hardly flinches but he felt that one .Sorry hoots but the truth often hurts I stand by what I say and some on here obviously seen the same game as me .a few people who are not Rovers supporters watched the game and I received comments like .pathetic .Dire, why do you watch that rubbish., honestly if you think they played well 😡.even Monthe gave the ball away on numerous occasions put us in danger a few times and instead of floating the ball into the box blasted into the kop .Harris up front ?he is 5ft5ins no chance of a header fo r gods sake .Jennings none existent last night ,if they had 11 men they would have won that game once they got their passing game going .when I commented in the week that we were off the boil someone asked how.? Last night they got their answer .the only time we gave the ball away like we did last night was against spurs and I said the same about that game .try passing to a white shirt ,it works wonders .they should have upped the tempo moved the defenders around tire them out not the same backwards ,forwards it gave them chance to set up to predictable ,Mellon should of seen that

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:33
At least with our passing around which i thought was mostly great by the way, we ran 10 mens legs off and hopefully they will be tired come Monday and we can take advantage of that. FGR scruffy @#$%& didnt even get showered just straight on the coach!

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:44
I also have to apologise but I am at one with 50. As I said earlier before the game I would have taken the score but there can be no denying that we missed an opportunity. Yes they sat back to soak up pressure but the fact remains that statistically it is easier to beat te men rather than eleven. For all our possession we did not get behind defenders and far too many crosses where high balls into the box. That's ok if you have the right player alongside Norwood but often it was Harris and Perkins. Our movement off the ball was not good so they were never pulled out of their formation. It felt like a classic here is plan A and no other. Perhaps one of the things we lack currently is a real leader on the pitch.There was plenty of effort but no one that was really taking hold of the team

We can still win on Monday BUT surely it is self evident that we will have to play better than last night.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:45
Here we go again. Talk about glass half empty, more a glass with a broken handle, a crack in it, a lippy stain on the rim and a fly floating in the bottom. Follows up "Monday we will pay for it", "we are the poorest", "they always come out on top", "they are better than us and better organised and a more astute manager" with "if they had 11 men they'd have won that game". And that's after a victory in a game we dominated..

You've certainly outdone January's pearler that 'we'll be lucky to get ten more points this season', Fifty. You're either a wind up merchant or your name's Jonah.

Could've been better, the tie's finely balanced against a team one point better than us over a season and who are trailing at the half way stage. No need to throw the towel in just yet.

 
GentlemanJim
GentlemanJim (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:47
Davey Kay

 
GentlemanJim
GentlemanJim (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:49
Davy Kay

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:51
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
I often joke about 50s negativity, usually on his pre match forecasts but there is no denying that this was a below par performance. When Manny decides to 'try a Kompany' (more than once)rather than pass to a forward, then you can see that the evening wasn't going as swimmingly as it could have. Norwood wasn't doing his usual chasing and looked a bit out of sorts. even caprice started shooting at goal rather than passing, and quite a few passes went astray. It's just how it was on the night and but for one inspired shot ......
It has been a hard season and to be honest, no surprise if the team looked a bit jaded. The pitch didn't seem to help with players slipping and miscontrolling ball.

FGR doing their usual time-wasting tactics didn't help.

Anyway, hopefully the fact FGR have been beaten will start a trend of winning against them.

Onto Monday.

I haven't checked yet but is the game being shown at Aldo's? For personal reasons I have to stay in Birkenhead.

Don't know about Aldo's but it's on Sky Sports so most likely any pub will do, but if downing a pint whilst you watch it better the money goes into a Tranmere bar than a pub's till.

 
GentlemanJim
GentlemanJim (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 11:54
I enjoyed the game! Sorry about the previous posts! Fat finger syndrome. New to site! Fiftyyearsarover is a barrel of laughs! Glad I don’t sit near him! We actually won the game and it was far from dire. Those comments must be from Liverpool fans. Onward and upward! I’d have taken a 1-0 home win into the second leg all day long. No pleasing some people!

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 12:05
Quote:
GentlemanJim
I enjoyed the game! Sorry about the previous posts! Fat finger syndrome. New to site! Fiftyyearsarover is a barrel of laughs! Glad I don’t sit near him! We actually won the game and it was far from dire. Those comments must be from Liverpool fans. Onward and upward! I’d have taken a 1-0 home win into the second leg all day long. No pleasing some people!

Now that is a sterotypical response. Anyone who does not see the performance the same way is therefore less of a supporter? My commitment to Tranmere is total bu it is a new one on me tha all true supporters must have the same critique of a winning performance.
It is also a massive assumption to assume that ctiticism on here means a lower level of enthusiasm when watching a game

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 12:19
Supporting anything or anyone is the complete opposite of tearing something or someone down. By definition supporters are supportive. Of course that can include constructive criticism and differences of opinion, but it surely doesn't include slagging off and throwing the towel in.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 12:34
Yes true Aldo’s muzzle ( in a game we dominated ) well they did have ten men and had to change the team if we had 90% of the play it means nothing without goals to show for it ,I am no way an FGR fan despite forum opinion but as I say give credit were credit is due they defended superbly aided by rovers inept performance .so many on here don’t see the woods for the trees .your not allowed to criticise the team however poor they have been ,if we are garbage say so you won’t harm the teams feelings they don’t need to be told ,they know when they have played poor ,that’s for any game .they will really have to be a lot better come Monday, FGR stayed over night and cooper said there off to some medical facility were they go into a tank of sorts that will regenerate them ,home ,Sunday off ,ready for Monday well organised that tank facility won’t be cheap ,I wonder if they stayed at the Riverside cheap rates for old friends ,and funny enough Aldo’s muzzy I was considered a Trucking Jonah .standing on the dock in Rotterdam waiting for the ferry back to England in it came brand new first Trip TheNorstar it was called ,as it came in I shouted come in no 3your times up and it hit the quay and scoured the side I was a Jonah from that day on .if they spotted me on the ship or waiting to drive on the cry went up Jonahs here and to make things worse the ferry that sank because they left the bows doors open ,”the spirit of free enterprise “ i frequented that one on many occasions so Johna is probably correct

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 13:03
Devon is a kindred spirit he gets it that if you criticise the team it does not make you less of a supporter .since 1950 I have been to all the big games ,playoffs Daf cup all Wembley games apart from last season and one thing I have learnt over all those years ,that’s why I am mr negative ,is 90% of the time despite the hype and everything when push turns to shove the team lets you down , it’s what rovers do .i was once full of optimism and everything rovers ,when driving get up at 3am make sure I got home for a game but as we drove home from some of the let downs 400/500 mile round trip expense I started to feel less inclined to do it ,I mean when you drive to Swindon and your 3nil down first 15 mins it does make one wonder and despite needing I think it was 2wins out of 5games to reach the PL about 1992 we did not win one and lost the playoffs .the younger ones will over the years learn that lesson .we are lower League and always will be ,more so now when you think of the money needed just to reach and stay in the championship .no shame in it it is what it is

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 13:23
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes true Aldo’s muzzle ( in a game we dominated ) well they did have ten men and had to change the team if we had 90% of the play it means nothing without goals to show for it ,I am no way an FGR fan despite forum opinion but as I say give credit were credit is due they defended superbly aided by rovers inept performance .so many on here don’t see the woods for the trees .your not allowed to criticise the team however poor they have been ,if we are garbage say so you won’t harm the teams feelings they don’t need to be told ,they know when they have played poor ,that’s for any game .they will really have to be a lot better come Monday, FGR stayed over night and cooper said there off to some medical facility were they go into a tank of sorts that will regenerate them ,home ,Sunday off ,ready for Monday well organised that tank facility won’t be cheap ,I wonder if they stayed at the Riverside cheap rates for old friends ,and funny enough Aldo’s muzzy I was considered a Trucking Jonah .standing on the dock in Rotterdam waiting for the ferry back to England in it came brand new first Trip TheNorstar it was called ,as it came in I shouted come in no 3your times up and it hit the quay and scoured the side I was a Jonah from that day on .if they spotted me on the ship or waiting to drive on the cry went up Jonahs here and to make things worse the ferry that sank because they left the bows doors open ,”the spirit of free enterprise “ i frequented that one on many occasions so Johna is probably correct

As is fiftyyearsaforestgreenrover.

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 14:04
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
I often joke about 50s negativity, usually on his pre match forecasts but there is no denying that this was a below par performance. When Manny decides to 'try a Kompany' (more than once)rather than pass to a forward, then you can see that the evening wasn't going as swimmingly as it could have. Norwood wasn't doing his usual chasing and looked a bit out of sorts. even caprice started shooting at goal rather than passing, and quite a few passes went astray. It's just how it was on the night and but for one inspired shot ......
It has been a hard season and to be honest, no surprise if the team looked a bit jaded. The pitch didn't seem to help with players slipping and miscontrolling ball.


FGR doing their usual time-wasting tactics didn't help.

Anyway, hopefully the fact FGR have been beaten will start a trend of winning against them.

Onto Monday.

I haven't checked yet but is the game being shown at Aldo's? For personal reasons I have to stay in Birkenhead.

Don't know about Aldo's but it's on Sky Sports so most likely any pub will do, but if downing a pint whilst you watch it better the money goes into a Tranmere bar than a pub's till.

Cheers. Yes, I would rather the money to to Tranmere....

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 14:27
I don't understand how you can say that as you've 'supported' the club for over 50 years then that makes you know the club only will ever do one thing and let us down.

You've not been around the club lately if you really think that, and unfortunately for you older generation there's actually a very good feeling around the place.

Saying we're going to lose every game since November last season (and even saying we were going down last season), i hope i'm wrong and want to be proven wrong is another thing i don't understand.
I personally think you'd prefer we did so that you can say that you told us so...

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 14:36
Quote:
rossb07
I don't understand how you can say that as you've 'supported' the club for over 50 years then that makes you know the club only will ever do one thing and let us down.
You've not been around the club lately if you really think that, and unfortunately for you older generation there's actually a very good feeling around the place.

Saying we're going to lose every game since November last season (and even saying we were going down last season), i hope i'm wrong and want to be proven wrong is another thing i don't understand.
I personally think you'd prefer we did so that you can say that you told us so...

That's exactly what he is waiting to do on Monday night.

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 15:01
[quote rossb07]I don't understand how you can say that as you've 'supported' the club for over 50 years then that makes you know the club only will ever do one thing and let us down.

You've not been around the club lately if you really think that, and unfortunately for you older generation there's actually a very good feeling around the place.

Saying we're going to lose every game since November last season (and even saying we were going down last season), i hope i'm wrong and want to be proven wrong is another thing i don't understand.
I personally think you'd prefer we did so that you can say that you told us so

Well said ross

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 16:29
I think I will retire till Tuesday and get my wounds tended to .see what transpires on Monday
Thank you for your heartfelt views much appreciated SWA

 
MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 19:21
Quote:
rossb07
I don't understand how you can say that as you've 'supported' the club for over 50 years then that makes you know the club only will ever do one thing and let us down.
You've not been around the club lately if you really think that, and unfortunately for you older generation there's actually a very good feeling around the place.

Saying we're going to lose every game since November last season (and even saying we were going down last season), i hope i'm wrong and want to be proven wrong is another thing i don't understand.
I personally think you'd prefer we did so that you can say that you told us so...


How about not generalising on the "older generation" ? ;0)

 
martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 20:46
Just as a matter of interest does anyone know why Mullin was not on the bench. Is he injured or has he fallen out with Mellon?

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:00
Neither, he was attending the birth of his first child.
Hope he's back on Monday, he's caused FGR problems in both games this season.

 
martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:03
Thanks Aldo! That explains it. I agree he must be on the bench on Monday!

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:04
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
funny enough Aldo’s muzzy I was considered a Trucking Jonah .standing on the dock in Rotterdam waiting for the ferry back to England in it came brand new first Trip TheNorstar it was called ,as it came in I shouted come in no 3your times up and it hit the quay and scoured the side I was a Jonah from that day on .if they spotted me on the ship or waiting to drive on the cry went up Jonahs here and to make things worse the ferry that sank because they left the bows doors open ,”the spirit of free enterprise “ i frequented that one on many occasions so Johna is probably correct

He-heh, nice one. So Fiftyyearsajonah!

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:21
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes we won but if you think it was a good performance I must have seen a different game and yes I praised FGR for their performance at least I am not blinkered I will give other teams credit where it’s due ,it did get fiesta at times but the ref had a decent game ,there was that much going on he could not spot everything if he had blown for every incident the game would never have finished ,if we were still playing at midnight we still would not have scored but actually passing to a white shirt might have done the trick
I said it wasn't a scintillating performance.That means that we weren't that good.
Try reading the post instead of jumping to conclusions

 
martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:24
No one has mentioned just what a good game Syd Nelson had last night. He looked very assured and competent. I know it is unlikely but I would love him to br here next season!

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 21:28
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
I often joke about 50s negativity, usually on his pre match forecasts but there is no denying that this was a below par performance. When Manny decides to 'try a Kompany' (more than once)rather than pass to a forward, then you can see that the evening wasn't going as swimmingly as it could have. Norwood wasn't doing his usual chasing and looked a bit out of sorts. even caprice started shooting at goal rather than passing, and quite a few passes went astray. It's just how it was on the night and but for one inspired shot ......
It has been a hard season and to be honest, no surprise if the team looked a bit jaded. The pitch didn't seem to help with players slipping and miscontrolling ball.

FGR doing their usual time-wasting tactics didn't help.

Anyway, hopefully the fact FGR have been beaten will start a trend of winning against them.

Onto Monday.

I haven't checked yet but is the game being shown at Aldo's? For personal reasons I have to stay in Birkenhead.

Manny !!He was prepared to have a go when others felt differently

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
11 May, 2019 22:40
Quote:
martyd12
No one has mentioned just what a good game Syd Nelson had last night. He looked very assured and competent. I know it is unlikely but I would love him to br here next season!
Both Syd and Monthe had very good games, I expect he will head back south next season.
With regard to the game itself, I was initially a little disappointed that we only got one goal to take to FGR however, as we know playing 10 men is unpredictable. FGR switched to an 8-0-1 formation, and that could have backfired on us badly if in trying to get the second goal we had been caught on the break, which was the plan from FRG. They can't do the same in the away leg, they have to score.

As an aside, their keeper was at Aldershot last season and missed a penalty against Ebbsfleet.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 22:50 by Cybertron.

 
Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
12 May, 2019 10:32
1-0 will have to do. Look at all the other play-off results - all tight games ending in a draw or a one goal lead.

Druther be 1-0 up than 0-1 down, esp against the carrot munchers.

COYWB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
12 May, 2019 13:08
Happy Resurrection Day!

 
Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
12 May, 2019 15:09
They have had a man sent off four times this season, they’ve lost one of those four, to us on Friday.

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
12 May, 2019 18:21
The locals all complaining that Norwood should have been sent off but, conveniently forgetting Doidge assault on banks, A straight red in anyone's book.

He had been doing it all game against Syd catching on more than one occasion, I notice he didn't mix it much with Manny!!!!

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green
12 May, 2019 22:20
Too right and well done Sid for keeping at it


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?