Latest news:

Salford
Discussion started by hong kong rover (IP Logged), 05 May, 2019 18:20
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 May, 2019 18:20
Boooo! Salford win in a penalty shoot out..Eastleigh did really well over the 120 mins and can count themselves unlucky..Hope Dave Challinor and his Fylde team beat them at Wembley

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere
05 May, 2019 18:30
Wembley will be empty

2900 turned up for Salford's semi-final, and 1500 for AFC Fylde.

This is what Bankrolling is doing to football I am afraid.
In this years SFs.

Salford, Eastleigh, Fylde and Harrogate have all been bankrolled heavily. Solihull not sure? Only Wrexham were definitely not.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 May, 2019 18:36
quite a bit of drama in the VNLN and VNLS play offs today...

Chorley beat Altrincham in a penalty shoot out
Spennymoor beat Brackley in a penalty shoot out

Woking come from 2 down to beat Wealdstone 3-2 ( Wokings 3 goals coming in last 14 mins )
Welling Utd beat Chelmsford 3-2 ( last min penalty to win it )

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
05 May, 2019 18:37
Quote:
hong kong rover
quite a bit of drama in the VNLN and VNLS play offs today...

Chorley beat Altrincham in a penalty shoot out
Spennymoor beat Brackley in a penalty shoot out

Woking come from 2 down to beat Wealdstone 3-2 ( Wokings 3 goals coming in last 14 mins )
Welling Utd beat Chelmsford 3-2 ( last min penalty to win it )

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
05 May, 2019 18:39
The teams that went first in the penalty shoot outs all won having missed a penalty before their opponents did.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 May, 2019 18:42
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

Salford, Eastleigh, Fylde and Harrogate have all been bankrolled heavily. Solihull not sure? Only Wrexham were definitely not.

I thought Eastleigh did really well and they came so close today, considering that it was only 3 nights ago they won at Wrexham in extra time, didn't get home till 5am on the Friday morning and then another long trip up to Salford today..They matched Salford every bit of the way today in that 120 mins and I was more impressed with Eastleigh than Salford...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 18:45 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
05 May, 2019 18:43
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

Wrexham and Harrogate weren't in the semi finals and Eastleigh do not have the same owner who put the money into them a few years ago. It's only Salford who are really heavily advantaged.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
05 May, 2019 18:45
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

I thought Eastleigh did really well and they came so close today, considering that it was only 3 nights ago they won at Wrexham in extra time, didn't get home till 5am on the Friday morning and then another long trip up to Salford today..They matched Salford every bit of the way today in that 120 mins and I was more impressed with Eastleigh than Salford...

Agreed.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 May, 2019 18:50
Quote:
Hoots Mon
The teams that went first in the penalty shoot outs all won having missed a penalty before their opponents did.

ok , thks for that Hoots..Altrincham did well to get thru the last 15 mins and extra time with only 10 men.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 May, 2019 18:54
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

Wouldn't be surprised if the Class of 92 connection attracted a fair few glory-hunting United followers to Wembley. They wouldn't have far to travel and it'll be the closest thing to glory they'll experience this season...

I liked Hogan and Maynard when they were with us but I'll be hoping Davy Challinor's boys do the business next Saturday.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 May, 2019 19:19
Hi Hoots, I couldn't believe it that as soon as Adam Rooney scuffed his and Salfords first penalty in the shoot out, my damn stream went off, luckily I was able to retrieve the stream pretty sharpish..

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
05 May, 2019 19:38
Most Man Utd fans are from London anyway!!!!!

gary anderson
gary anderson
05 May, 2019 23:09
God help us salford and revolting Nevil .yuk

jim rockford
jim rockford
05 May, 2019 23:15
Quote:
gary anderson
Gary Neville love him especially when he was winding up the scousers

jim rockford
jim rockford
05 May, 2019 23:19
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Most Man Utd fans are from London anyway!!!!!
Never heard that one before !!!!!

MoanerLesser
GotBoredWithTheNegativity
05 May, 2019 23:27
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

Wrexham and Harrogate weren't in the semi finals and Eastleigh do not have the same owner who put the money into them a few years ago. It's only Salford who are really heavily advantaged.

money isnt always a d3ciding factor. look at Man U.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
06 May, 2019 13:26
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
gary anderson

He looked ill after Salford won yesterday.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
06 May, 2019 14:22
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

money isnt always a d3ciding factor. look at Man U.

That may be true, but money helps look at the other Manchester team City they played in the third tier of the football league around 1999 and in time the investment turned them around.

Bored rover
Bored rover
06 May, 2019 15:45
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Wembley will be empty

In this years SFs.

Bankrolling has been going on for years at all levels, in fact Tranmere were bankrolled through our Peak era by PJ, at the time we would have been the smallest Prem side by a mile had we got promoted.

gary anderson
gary anderson
06 May, 2019 16:05
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
jim rockford
Quote:
gary anderson

He looked ill after Salford won yesterday.
good hope it's nothing to trivial. Revolting @#$%&

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
06 May, 2019 16:30
Hopefully Fylde will do the honours.anything to do with mancs I hate 😡😡😡

Loyden1
Loyden1
06 May, 2019 16:56
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I'm quite partial to a Manchester tart now and again (don't tell the wife )

Uglybob
Uglybob
06 May, 2019 17:38
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I'll be honest here , I like Manchester and MUCH prefer going there for gigs . In Manchester they actually show respect to the artists and listen to the gig without feeling the need to film it on their phone , get pi$$ed or talk all the way through with absolutely no regard for anyone else who have paid to be there - Unlike Liverpool . I am very reluctant to go to gigs in The Academy or the Echo Arena , it's just not worth it . Why people in Liverpool see fit to spend cash on tickets only to chat all the way through is beyond me , just go to a pub . Give me Manchester anytime .

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
06 May, 2019 18:18
Quote:
Bored rover
Bankrolling has been going on for years at all levels, in fact Tranmere were bankrolled through our Peak era by PJ, at the time we would have been the smallest Prem side by a mile had we got promoted.

I'm not sure, Barnsley in 1997 could have run Tranmere close for such an honour and Swindon would have bene paupers at that level in their one and only uninspiring season, the same as oldham in their 2 seasons, but no question Tranmere would have not been top of the heap when it came to spending.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
06 May, 2019 19:54
What about a Bakewell tart Loyden ?😀

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 May, 2019 13:36
Cmon Fylde..I wonder what attendance will be today? I will watch it on a live stream.I

Loyden1
Loyden1
11 May, 2019 13:53
Quote:
hong kong rover
Cmon Fylde..I wonder what attendance will be today? I will watch it on a live stream.I
guess 5or6000

rossb07
rossb07
11 May, 2019 15:04
Looks like 2 Sunday league teams are playing there at Wembley today.

gary anderson
gary anderson
11 May, 2019 15:18
I hope to god its not Salford revolting little club with the class of 92 dick heads as 0wners .there at Wembley to day and they got under 2000 fans there .silly little club

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 May, 2019 15:19
Salford 1 up after 15 mins,,, Cmon Fylde! Couldn't bear to see beaming faces on that intolerable class of '92.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 May, 2019 15:57
Salford 1 up at the interval but apart from the goal I don't think they've offered a great deal..Fylde have had chances in that opening 45 mins but they need to be a bit more clinical when attacking,,Fylde defo not out of this..

DevonExile
DevonExile
11 May, 2019 16:11
DPoor officiating as the goal was clearly pff side. Awful if such an important game was decided by an error,even worse when it lets Salford into the league
I know that both are hobby clubs but I like Challinor

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 May, 2019 16:18
bollox salford 2 up

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
11 May, 2019 16:27
Bad defending free header and fluke - guess its just not fyldes day

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
11 May, 2019 16:30
'kin hell, they are 3 up..bollox to this , I am switching off, can't watch that Class of '92 celebrating..

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 May, 2019 16:35
3 nil up ,I don’t know what’s worse my chums FGR arriving or Salford but it’s FGR mark 2 wealthy owners both shot through the Leagues how far can they go ? Money talks

MoanerLesser
11 May, 2019 16:40
Taxi for Beckham . Only way he will get there

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons
11 May, 2019 16:54
Made up. Proper football club is Salford.

the baldy one
the baldy one
11 May, 2019 17:26
Salford city v afc fylde play off final today at Wembley - official attendance - 8000 yes only 8000 what a joke. Salford city had approx. 3000 and afc fylde about 1000. the rest was made up of neutrals etc. I just heard aswell some people are saying the official attendance was very generous as it did not look as though there was 8000 there.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 May, 2019 17:32
Begrudgingly I will now admit they are after today .new stadium,women’s team formed university courses ,help out local community ,youth setup ticks all the boxes and a billionaire chairman .all was discussed today so they are going for it ,who knows how far they can go

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
11 May, 2019 17:53
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
3 nil up ,I don’t know what’s worse my chums FGR arriving or Salford but it’s FGR mark 2 wealthy owners both shot through the Leagues how far can they go ? Money talks

FGR didn't ''shoot through the leagues'' .They were in the Conference/National League for well over ten years and were twice reprieved from relegation by the financial problems of other teams.

warren r
Wozza
11 May, 2019 18:17
As long as they have the money they can make it to the top with out that they wouldn’t be where they are now but good luck to them it is what it is

MoanerLesser
11 May, 2019 19:08
With luck, Tranmere will never get in someone who can bankroll the club. Losing all those supporters who would walk out on principle would be devastating.

gary anderson
gary anderson
11 May, 2019 21:37
God help league two that revolting nasty little club are up .revolting club revolting g fans revolting owners revolting area pikeys and @#$%& morons .efl r.I p when we let @#$%& clubs lile this in the league .hope they go bust a s a p

rossb07
rossb07
11 May, 2019 21:44
Can I ask what’s so nasty about the club?

I couldn’t have given 2 hoots (sorry Hoots) who won in that match if I’m honest, rather then 2 than Eastleigh (for personal travel reasons).

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 May, 2019 22:53
Well hoots whatever 3 promotions in 4 years is not exactly pedestrian that was said when I watched the game today .a lot of people miffed about the money they spend ,if you won £20 million pounds would you not change your lifestyle nice car ,house hols etc of course you would .the class of 92 plucked out a small struggling local club and transformed it same thing sorry Fredurmston do you really think our supporters would walk away if someone bankrolled the club and MP was still in charge , no chance they would jump at it and rovers have the fan base for it not sure how much interest there is for Salford in Manchester time will tell ,.MP is a good guy and thank god for him and his good lady but they are not wealthy people so it’s more about keeping the club afloat so unless we get a really wealthy owner we are going nowhere fast perhaps League 1sometime ,it’s just a fact of life ,just think of all the clubs in trouble ,then what the top six PL sides have money wise and what money you need to be successful.as in life the rich get richer the poor get poorer .at one time a local business man would put money into the club or own it but these days no one has the money to make a difference so now it’s overseas businesses that buy our clubs ,don’t understand what’s needed to run the club ,lose interest and walk away

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
11 May, 2019 23:30
A sad day for football. Two teams with rich owners and few fans contesting for a place in the EFL.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
11 May, 2019 23:47
Quote:
Tranmere69
A sad day for football. Two teams with rich owners and few fans contesting for a place in the EFL.

And taking the place of a founder member of the Football League.

Pleased for Hogan and Maynard to taste success at Wembley but that's about all.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
12 May, 2019 11:06
Its not so much Salford that I dislike, its all those insufferable ex Mancs that are involved with the club that I loathe.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
12 May, 2019 12:54
I went to a Salford home game earlier this season. To be honest I quite liked the match day experience. Most of their fans seem genuine and had been their pre "famous 5" days. Some of their banners bearing their original orange/black colours.
But heading back to Victoria there were quite a few fans heading home in All directions. So they seem to have acquired some bandwagon jumpers along the way. Be interesting to see how their attendances hold up, but I don't see them filling many away ends.
Just feel sorry for Wrexham fans who face another season of trawling round the country, and Notts County fans yet to experience the wonders of Boreham Wood and Dover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 12:55 by Prenton Pirate.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
12 May, 2019 14:12
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I'll be honest here , I like Manchester and MUCH prefer going there for gigs . In Manchester they actually show respect to the artists and listen to the gig without feeling the need to film it on their phone , get pi$$ed or talk all the way through with absolutely no regard for anyone else who have paid to be there - Unlike Liverpool . I am very reluctant to go to gigs in The Academy or the Echo Arena , it's just not worth it . Why people in Liverpool see fit to spend cash on tickets only to chat all the way through is beyond me , just go to a pub . Give me Manchester anytime .
Spot on. I don't really understand why our fans hold Manchester in contempt really. Let's the red and blue 5hite do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 14:15 by Doogie'sGhost.

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 May, 2019 15:05
What’s the issue with Salford? It’s not a new thing to spend money to win, we did it under PJ. Jealousy I suppose

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
13 May, 2019 00:05
At the end of the day, people who have a legitimate right to own a club and can spend big will. If Tranmere get promoted and then a couple of investors come in to back up the Palios' and Tranmere could suddenly spend £10,000 a week on individual player wages next season and made the premier league in 3 years getting promoted from the championship with £17,500 a week footballers, how many people here would suddenly hate the club and become full-time Cammel Laird supporters? 50%? 25%? 10%? Less than 1%?

I wouldn't care that much. Yes it looks absurd on the outside to have small clubs spending in a nouveau riche style, but Salford are not the first and won't be the last and it is acceptable by the governors of football to do it, but maybe people should focus more on how to stamp out and more harshly punish cheating in the game, so diving, elbowing people, hacking, shirt pulling etc become less prevalent. That would improve the sport far more and people who want to spend would still spend and those without the capability would have to do the best they could to stay the pace.

It probably happens in other sports. I am not sure about this next bit but I would imagine there are baseball teams that might be paying players let's say $20,000 a year contracts, but if they suddenly had investors or a takeover and could afford to pay $1,000,000 a year contracts and rose up the ranks, how many Americans that didn't support that team would say fair play to them after five years of accellerated achievement, instead of vilifying them and hating them, because they would supposedly stand for something seemy and loathesome?

Money talks in sport these days, whether some people like what it says or they don't. It's here to stay unless the powers that be say different in the mean time.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
13 May, 2019 08:46
Money talks in in life,through no fault of their own ask some who sleep in cardboard boxes

MoanerLesser
13 May, 2019 10:31
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Money talks in in life,through no fault of their own ask some who sleep in cardboard boxes

Ask the average Tranmere supporter who lived through the eighties, culminating in the club being bankrolled. No one can seriously believe we got to the then 'second division' without financial backing . So yes, money does talk.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek
13 May, 2019 18:01
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

I just did. He told me to feck off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.