football
Latest News:

coltranmere123
coltranmere123 (IP Logged)

Unlucky cook
04 May, 2019 21:13
Ha ha ha ha ha ha . Moved to a bigger club did you ? You will soon leave Walsall. You should of stayed and been part of tranmeres rise up the league's

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Unlucky cook
04 May, 2019 21:21
Quote:
coltranmere123
Ha ha ha ha ha ha . Moved to a bigger club did you ? You will soon leave Walsall. You should of stayed and been part of tranmeres rise up the l
eague's

With him you never know his extra goals for us might have made that little bit of difference and in turn extra points but was not to be.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

04 May, 2019 21:33
I have no problem with a Tranmere player doing what’s right for them at that time of contract negotiations, after he gave so much for the club, he did what was right for him.
Still got 13 goals in league one

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 21:37 by trfc-boi.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

04 May, 2019 22:00
Who gives a 💩, he’s hardly Messi

rover87
rover87 (IP Logged)

04 May, 2019 22:17
At the time of his move he was out of contract and had the opportunity to move to a club a league above us, at the age of 28 i dont blame him walsall by no means a bigger club than us he was brilliant for us but i feel that his move brought the best out of norwood and he would not of had the season hes had with cook still in our team

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

04 May, 2019 22:17
When people Carnt come back with a valid reply, they type trash.....funny that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 22:19 by trfc-boi.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

04 May, 2019 22:56
Quote:
rover87
At the time of his move he was out of contract and had the opportunity to move to a club a league above us, at the age of 28 i dont blame him walsall by no means a bigger club than us he was brilliant for us but i feel that his move brought the best out of norwood and he would not of had the season hes had with cook still in our team
+1

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 09:18
I wish Cook had stayed ,without Norwood goals we would still be in the NL ,there was always the chance if Norwood didn’t score Cook would .i think if he had stayed there was a good chance we would have taken that automatic play off place .if Norwood leaves we will then realise how good these to where together .and if Nors does go we will struggle next season

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 09:27
One of last May's Wembley team of heroes

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 10:31
let me start by saying when andy cook walked out on us last year just 5 days after winning at Wembley he must of thought he was on to a winner. but now we all know he made a massive mistake. but let me say this - seeing that Walsall and Tranmere rovers are now in the same division why not go to Walsall and see if he wants to come back - but only on one condition. I would only see about getting him back if james Norwood leaves if not I would not bother. in my opinion james Norwood is a million times better than andy cook so I would not go grovelling to him in any way shape or form. but do not get me wrong - andy cook has just scored 18 goals for a@#$%&Walsall team so he could easily score 20 in league 2. we need to sort out james norwoods future as soon as possible. if he is going we need to sign a replacement before he goes so we are not stuck.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:13
OTB more negative vibes

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:21
Well let me say straight away I think Andy Cook left after falling out with MM after being left out the team for Wembley against FGR .someone I know who is close to the team said he knew they were doomed that day by their demeanour when they walked out onto the pitch ,I suspect Cook was not amused and told MM what he thought so upsetting the mood of the players ,why he was left out god knows but it sure backfired and then compounded it by leaving him out at the beginning of last season it was only when he came back the team found good form again ,if I was Andy Cook I would have been a bit vexed as well ,he has just got 18 goals in a struggling side so he did what he was signed for ,you can ask all you want but he won’t be back

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:24
Hands up who would not leave their job for a pay rise and a chance to work at a higher level? Not neccessarily a better company but work at a higher level? At the end of the day id say at least 90% if not more of our so called hero’s see this as a job nothing else.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:29
Are we really back to MM had a falling out with Cook so left him out again?
We lost at Wembley because they wanted it more on the day and got the rub of the green.
Another thing I can’t fathom is why after the last 2 years that we’ve just had some just want to go back to anything negative swirling around in the back of their mind...

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:46
Only Cook himself knows if he "made a massive mistake" in either leaving us or joining
Walsall in particular. I certainly don't think he did. For all the 'we're a big club' willy waving and the usual Mellon bashing, he's just had a season at a higher level than us.

But despite being Walsall's top scorer and hitting a purple patch in mid-season, it's debatable whether he's proved he belongs at that level - there's an eye-opening thread about him on the Walsall forum that's been running for several months, where opinions seem split between whether he's just a good non-league striker, a scorer who might get them back up out of League 2 or someone who'll be sold for decent money in the summer! Either way, very few seem to think he's indispensable.

But he has made a decent fist of what was probably his last chance of making it at that level of the game so it'll be interesting to see where he does end up, if he does leave Walsall. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Lincoln were interested (especially as I believe fatty Rheade is leaving) and maybe even Salford might flash some cash at him.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:51
Quote:
rossb07
Are we really back to MM had a falling out with Cook so left him out again?
We lost at Wembley because they wanted it more on the day and got the rub of the green.
Another thing I can’t fathom is why after the last 2 years that we’ve just had some just want to go back to anything negative swirling around in the back of their mind...

+1
We've had two terrific seasons.SWA

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 11:58
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Well let me say straight away I think Andy Cook left after falling out with MM after being left out the team for Wembley against FGR .someone I know who is close to the team said he knew they were doomed that day by their demeanour when they walked out onto the pitch ,I suspect Cook was not amused and told MM what he thought so upsetting the mood of the players ,why he was left out god knows but it sure backfired and then compounded it by leaving him out at the beginning of last season it was only when he came back the team found good form again ,if I was Andy Cook I would have been a bit vexed as well ,he has just got 18 goals in a struggling side so he did what he was signed for ,you can ask all you want but he won’t be back

The word 'Professional' doesn't seem to be in the vocabulary of some players then.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 12:27
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

The word 'Professional' doesn't seem to be in the vocabulary of some players then.

And the word ''expert'' is the most overused and inappropriate word in the English language.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 12:30
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Well let me say straight away I think Andy Cook left after falling out with MM after being left out the team for Wembley against FGR .someone I know who is close to the team said he knew they were doomed that day by their demeanour when they walked out onto the pitch

Think a few of us felt we were doomed that day once Wallace limped out of the semi. One key injury too many, along with Harris (who was flying before FGR hacked him in the league game a few weeks earlier), Vaughan and Tollitt. All of which robbed us of our midfield engine and much of our guile and creativity.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 12:43
Referring to Jay being hacked by FGR, was it not our very own Manny Monthe who applied the final hit when he came on as a sub?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 May, 2019 15:24
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Referring to Jay being hacked by FGR, was it not our very own Manny Monthe who applied the final hit when he came on as a sub?

If so, that was before he became a proper player! I do remember being particularly annoyed with Charlie Cooper that night but can't actually remember who crocked Jay.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

06 May, 2019 12:21
I,ve got a feeling it may have been their full back bennett either way they both gave each other high 5,s when both Wallace then harris went off injured

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

10 May, 2019 13:34
Darrell Clarke new boss at Walsall..Could be a good apppintment that, he did well at Bristol Rovers.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:19
New Walsall boss Darrell Clarke has released 11 players including Kieron Morris.

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2019 17:51
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

And the word ''expert'' is the most overused and inappropriate word in the English language.

i was being flippant based on the opinion, not fact, of the post. as for expert, it usually refers to sn ex plsyer who fails as or to become a manager but tells everyone what other players and managers are doing wrong.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 13:27
Quote:
hong kong rover
New Walsall boss Darrell Clarke has released 11 players including Kieron Morris.
Not surprised by that TBH HKR - personally I don't think he is good enough for us either... they seem to be expecting Cook to leave - wonder if he had a L1 clause in his contract?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 15:50
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
hong kong rover
Not surprised by that TBH HKR - personally I don't think he is good enough for us either... they seem to be expecting Cook to leave - wonder if he had a L1 clause in his contract?

Or maybe Cook is one of those players who will never settle anywhere unless he's "The Main Man" .

He's been playing off the bench at times this season, similar to his time at Tranmere, maybe he just needs to feel wanted by his manager?

It's a bit off putting and a bit childish if he's going to sulk every time he gets benched. After all, football is a team game and players should accept that they will be swapped out if they're not playing well or letting their fitness levels drop?

Seems like a bit of a sulker to me, do we really want that type of player coming here?

He is a decent player, when he wants to be, but he struggles with his fitness, and gets upset when dropped because of it.

I'm sure we can find someone who offers more to the team tbh.

Just my personal opinion, and I'm sure there's a few on here who would love Cook to return to Rovers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2019 15:52 by pez.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 20:58
In relation to the first post, who can say that Cook thought he was moving to a bigger club?

Yes he went to one a division up and probably for more money, but that doesn't mean they were a bigger club and he thought that.

Put it this way, I dout Adam Rooney thought he was moving to a bigger club leaving Aberdeen for Salford, because despite the money, they are nowhere near as well supported as Aberdeen and don't have the same quality of stadium and potentially don't have the same standard of training facilities, unless they are allowed to use Carrington, which I might be mistaken they might be able to do, but they would not be considered bigger than Aberdeen just because of the money I would have thought.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

18 May, 2019 21:57
On the Walsall forum they're pretty eager to get rid of ferrier. Dodged a bullet there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net